Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Scion xA as future collector car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Durability

In 07, my xA got hit at a stop sign head on by a Humvee and I got it back(much to my anger) running better than before. Best car I have owned so far.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by econobox
Two classes of Japanese collector cars, the ones people want to modify and go fast in, maintaining good values, or the super cars that will actually end up appreciating.

Datsun 510, AE86, 240z, RX-7TT, Supra Turbo, Integra R, NSX, 300zx, 200/240sx, Miata R, 323gtx, CRX si

Oh, and the older Land Cruisers.
...Forerunner & trucks

I think there are no collectors in Scion.

[my Spec was only made for 2 years ]
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member

the sun roof in the RS1 was out-sourced in the states wasn't it? Mine was anyway.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default epic thread ressurection

Certainly not a record, but it's a year-old thread.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, in that case my 2001 Daewoo Leganza will be a collectors car because u rarely see any out in the streets. Plus, Daewoo was discontinued about a decade ago.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is hilarious. Keep it up!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'm pretty sure my xA will be a collector item. Lol the one and only Mario Kart

I will def do all I can to keep my xA on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sweet!)
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm selling mine but it's not cheap take a look on OLDMANCAMPBELL.COM
tell me what are your thoughts OMcya
Old 08-06-2011, 02:07 AM

Just about any car can become a "collector car" after a certain amount of time. It all depends on the collector (interest) and how many of that vehicle are still around and in decent shape. The fewer the numbers, the more likely it'll be worth something to someone down the road. Since the xA was only sold for 4 years, it's likely that after another decade or so of them getting totalled out or junked, the numbers will be low enough that the ones in good shape will be sought after by some, for various reasons.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't say it will be worth a lot, but will most likely hold its value because of gas prices.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by WarEagle
Just about any car can become a "collector car" after a certain amount of time. It all depends on the collector (interest) and how many of that vehicle are still around and in decent shape. The fewer the numbers, the more likely it'll be worth something to someone down the road. Since the xA was only sold for 4 years, it's likely that after another decade or so of them getting totalled out or junked, the numbers will be low enough that the ones in good shape will be sought after by some, for various reasons.
It's a decade later, and I can say these things still aren't selling for much more than any other car of similar specs. Any difference is probably accounted for by reliability rather than collectability. But I love my 2005 Scion xA and I plan to keep it on the road as long as I can. I've put fresh paint on it now, new wheels, and fixed every little idiosyncrasy on the interior, except for I'm getting ready to wrap some of the worn interior trim. About 220K miles and this thing just keeps going no problem. I drive it about 400 miles each way a couple times a year to see my folks. It's never broken down except for when a belt broke, which was really my fault for not properly maintaining. I used to own a car detailing business and ran this car to power an inverter for my equipment, often hours at a time. The engine probably has hundreds of idle hours on it in addition to the mileage, and no issues. Pretty incredible really.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by McBorkface
It's a decade later, and I can say these things still aren't selling for much more than any other car of similar specs. Any difference is probably accounted for by reliability rather than collectability. But I love my 2005 Scion xA and I plan to keep it on the road as long as I can. I've put fresh paint on it now, new wheels, and fixed every little idiosyncrasy on the interior, except for I'm getting ready to wrap some of the worn interior trim. About 220K miles and this thing just keeps going no problem. I drive it about 400 miles each way a couple times a year to see my folks. It's never broken down except for when a belt broke, which was really my fault for not properly maintaining. I used to own a car detailing business and ran this car to power an inverter for my equipment, often hours at a time. The engine probably has hundreds of idle hours on it in addition to the mileage, and no issues. Pretty incredible really.
Should also add that I just detailed the interior again a couple days ago. Lookin good.