2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Secret Society of Scion (xA) Modders

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Secret Society of Scion (xA) Modders

Hey guy this was brought up in one of the post, name was thought of by Lil_Deuce_tCoupe. I'm sure you've all done it, I'm sure you have your little secrets that your itchin to tell someone, but can't cause you MODDED your car, behind your parents, wife, hushands, fiancee's, ___/ straight partners back, here's your chance! Join the CLUB and tell us your "I secretly modded....behind my...backs" story!

Lil_Deuce_tCoupe wrote:
Perhaps we need to start the SSSM (Secret Society of Scion Modders), to help others in the same boat find believeable excuses and ways to mod without getting caught - I mean.... to stand up for ourselves as men and do whatever we want!
(as long as the wife or parents say it's ok!).

I've so far installed an INJEN SES exhaust, on my car while my parents were at work. The stock exhuast I can't leave anywhere soo I piled my dirty laundry on top of it. I don't think they have any idea....well at least I hope they're not...[/quote]
Old 10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My wife continually raids my wallet, so I started sticking my cash somewhere safe 5-10 bucks at a time so once I get enough I'll get something for my car, does this count? I guess you could call it preemptive secret modding?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^Thats exactly what my dad does. Haha.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL dude it sucks I have like 10 bucks in my wallet and I'm stoked cause I can go to lunch with my friends or something and WHAMMO gone. WTF?

No more!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member

I just got my car about two months ago and I'm definitely part of the club and probably will be from years to come...
My wife doesn't want me modding my car at all...not really because she hates the modding I would do, but more because I always rag on her for spending too much money on her shoes, her clothes, random things etc. So she doesn't see why I get to spend money on things "I don't really need' for my car..

Anyways, my modding started right from picking up the car...I ordered some mud flaps, door sill kits and floor mats from a scion parts website, put them in right after I got the car from the dealership and told her that the dealer threw them in for free.

A couple of weeks later I told her that I would need a Sway bar to help when the winter comes...she bought my argument and let me get one...

I already have many things in mind that I'll be getting for the car that I will be telling her are 'Christmas presents from my extended family'.... hopefully she buys it...
I love secret modding
Old 10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

Lmao. Sway bars really help with winter traction. Thats the best thing i've ever heard.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to add to this, if some people really think this is a serious post about REALLY joining a club called the "Secret Society of Scion Modders."

Originally Posted by graffixtoker3899
mise as well cut off your d.ick. Never will be a part of this club
NOTE: that "club" as in having the same interest or sharing the same idea, no intentions of make an "officially club" soorry this post offends you THAT much to use inappropriate language. This post is all humour, and enjoyment. So please be nice, if material offends you in anyway, don't post. Thank you.

I like what you guys are throwing out. Good start and very funny and cool ideas. Keep em coming.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I'm suppposed to be saving all my money for school, but I save about half of what I make at work every day, and keep it in one of my drawers to save up for stuff for my car.
Sometimes, i'll say that I had it before I started saving for school, but just picked up the nerve to install it.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Told my parents my megan coils were "factory TRDs" that I ordered when I bought the car and they took 4months to get in from JAPAN due to customs issues.
I also hid a 91MR2 Turbo at a friends garage for 6 months without telling them!!! I'm a horrible kid huh!!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Well, if you can get away with it, why not?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RS2_0
Told my parents my megan coils were "factory TRDs" that I ordered when I bought the car and they took 4months to get in from JAPAN due to customs issues.
I also hid a 91MR2 Turbo at a friends garage for 6 months without telling them!!! I'm a horrible kid huh!!
lol geez, naah, all fun in games, you live, you make mistakes and you learn. When it comes to my car, my parents may not know what im doing or how im doing it, as long as I maintain it, be responsible and not drive recklessly. Something I don't do very often unless provoked by someone on the road. Other than that, I have work in the morning, through school in the evenin with a day or two in the week to relax. Parents work from morn till noon, and I have a 6 year old sibling to take care of. But like I mentioned, sometimes when you know what your doing, and it's YOUR car, that don't feel as if it's doing it behind their back. If they ask, just be forward with it, cause really, your not putting all those mods together for it to be a fast getaway car for robbing banks or anything.

I'm doing this all the in pure enjoyment of getting to know MY CAR. I'm sure all the modders out there feel me on this one. I don't mod it to show, ok ok some mods are. But it's the feeling of doing something yourself, the feeling of pride that you did something not many can do.

Girlfriendwise, I love her to death, she's a little jealous about how I take care of my car more than I take care of her lol. This is because I spend almost a whole day detailing it, I'm pretty persistent. lol. But hey, she shouldn't be cause this is the car that, takes her from place to place whenever we go out! I'll never tell her how much ALL my mods will cost, considring that I have a future estimated cost of how much EVERYTHING WILL COST lol. We're lookin somewhere around 7-9gs lol.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I slapped on a header at a friends house with the help of Gabe from Precision muffler. So now I'm fully NA tuned!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah when i lived at home when i first bought my car, i bought some rims and i parked my car at a frends house and walked back home. i worked nights and they worked days. but when the saw them on accident they freaked out. i moved out shortly after that fight.

but now i live with my girl friend and she used to give me crap about it untill she started goin to shows with me. then she bought an RS3 xB when they came out. now she love modding hers too.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im part of the club, kinda, i do stuff to my car without my fiance knowing, and i just show it to her at a later time, like a couple of months later when ive "lost" the recipt, or cant find the transaction on the computer anywere.
she gets mad, but then i tell her its been on the car for a while and there is no use taking it off know
Old 10-14-2006, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

LOL, this thread is funny especially cause I went to day to get rims and tires while my wife was at work... they had to order them but I can just see my excuse....

"I dont know honey, I came out of the store and they were just on the car.... I must be the victim of a drive by modding"
Old 10-14-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

^^^lmao. Drive By Modding. Or overhauled came and just took your car or Pimp My Ride came.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member

lol...well as of now..i havn't really modded my car with performance parts. I've added halogen lights though, looks a lot better. And a strut bar ( lmao) but...you know. I'll get it nice n ready , slowly but surely. Unfortunetly there isn't too much to do to an xa due to lack of Space under the hood.
But im going to put....ehaust, cold air intake.....and that's it...from there it's going to be all looks...............well...maybe one day if i have 3000 bucks laying around i'll try for a turbo ^_^ haha

But other than adding mods...xa's are quick little cars. They're so light, i can beat some of my friends at the take off b/c my car is so light. Having a stick shift helps a lot too...no offense to you automatic drivers.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:54 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mines so secret i don't even tell my self what i've bought for my car
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I told my fiance and my Mom, the only 2 that care if I mod my car, that the springs "Are a safty feature. If I have to evade an accident, or brake suddenly the stiffer springs and lower center of gravity cut down on body roll, so more of the turning/braking force gets to thee ground."
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I'm not part of this little club. Not only do I mod my car with my wife's knowledge, but I do it with her encouragement. In fact, she's even given me a couple mods as gifts.

Call me lucky, I suppose.

Quick Reply: Secret Society of Scion (xA) Modders