Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Test drove an XA

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default Test drove an XA

Hi, long time lurker first time poster. Just got the scions in at my toyota dealership here in Maryland and I got my test drive in. First off, I really liked the way the car looked in person, I thought the photos were cool, but the proportions in real life are perfect. Even the XB is starting to grow on me now that I've seen it in person . But on to the test drive... The handling felt nice, real tight not like the "boats" I'm used to driving, the acceleration was a bit sluggish (auto, don't know stick... yet!) but better than what I had expected considering the Hp, the front seats were nice and comfy, a lil stiff but I like that, the interior looked GREAT, I was thoroughly impressed for a car in it's price range, and everything felt like it was built around me which is nice, the only exception is where they put the power window buttons, it was a lil difficult to get to, driving on the highway went well, that 1.5L engine is no joke, I easily got up to speed, merged, everything was fine, and with the handling the on ramps and off ramps were real fun (speed limits are SOOO just suggestions), my only real complaint is that the ride was a bit bumpy, but nothing some better springs couldn't take care of I'm assuming. All in all I've become infatuated with the XA, definatly the car I'm going to buy, if only I didn't have to wait till Feb, ARGH you west coast people are sooo lucky! Hehe, sorry for such the long post, but I was just so excited about my test drive I had to talk about it to someone, thanks for reading!
Old 12-04-2003, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

cool. you have to drive the manual tranny. it's so much more fun to drive. faster, too.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool. Hope you enjoyed the xA. I was too, going to buy a xA, but after driving both of them, you realize just how much bigger the xB is. The xA does feel slightly fast than the box.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eric m.
cool. you have to drive the manual tranny. it's so much more fun to drive. faster, too.
manual is the way to go...
Old 12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bBted
Originally Posted by eric m.
manual is the way to go...
i would agree with eric and bBted....

i bought the xB with 5-speed after driving both automatic and the stick....

i took the 5-speed about a 1/2 mile after driving the auto and said 'i will take this one' and turned around and went back to do the paperwork.....

the main difference on the Scion's between the auto and the stick is the gearing....

they changed the gearing on the automatic to make it work smoother or somethin'