Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Toyota Matrix vs Scion xA..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

jesus, u old people got nothing better to do? would u really rather dog on this? THIS?! and you guys are in your 30s and 40s...u guys should be riding on lexus or infinity...rather than buying scion's xa...that coasts 12000...this is sad man...and what greatful11? my spelling aint going to get me far in the real world? look at ur xa and think u got the whole world behind you...ur ride tells me more than enough, so dont talk about me like that, cause u dont even know me. and toyota created scion to attrack younger gernaraion, not old-granny people. maybe thats why scion ended xa production early, ENOUGH WITH THIS OLD PEOPLE RUNING THEIR IMAIGE, LET XA BE THE TEST RUN FOR SCION!!! and u know what i dont care if my spelling sucks cause theres a thing called "spelling check"!! so why sweat? i get at least B on all of my papers. so all this dusts ur pouring on me, im not listheing, so dog it out, try to come up with some cleaver stuff to say to me, but u know what?, im gonna bounce harder and make u look stupid, and who knows man i might able to sleep with ur daughter....

and i aint all that bad, i started this topic with all of the positive thoughts and i liked xa at first, thats why my dad paid deposit for xa. my dads pretty awsome, his got a good job and all that. and 02 camry's the car we have been drive for last 4 years. but xa's too small and slowER than matrix for "SURE"...and u guys started to make stuff up and ******* on my spelling...you people started to pull my strings first, i didnt started this, so if this gets delted"xa factor" i dont think its fair...and the guy who owns this site hopefully would understand where im coming from, just because im young and dont like what all you XA PEOLPE like, i wont be taken advantage of, so all u old people should think about when u were 16, how u were and what u were like...so think about that rather than coming up with something smart to say...
Old 10-17-2006, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gidawg23
wooooooooooooooooo so many haters XD!!!, man i hope i dont get shot while riding my matrix somewhere...and xa's really small, its like a clown car, some what you see in rodeo and circus...hahahaha, omg that was a good one!! anyways let clear out somethings here, first matrix 07 still have a year to call it a new, and id get twothousand cheaper and xa is dead model, no more xas, but matrix is still to be continue with 08 model, and i use to drive 02 camry, so you know how small xa felt when i got in the car...it was like those penny pony rides at meijers.-_-...and fast is fast, it dosent matter if its fast by 1hp, fast is fast...and this aint no grammer competion or mid term paper, its funny how childish some people are today...
Okay, here's what I don't get about you and your rather juvenile thread/posts - First, you're buy a goddam TOYOTA MATRIX - You know, if you came on the Xa board bragging about getting an M3 or even a Mini Cooper, I could see why you would be so enthusiastic; but you're not, you're getting a Matrix -

Second, the Xa and the Matrix are, more or less, economy cars and not high performance vehicles. So you've decided to get one economy car over another economy car. Kudos to you...

Third, I purchased my Xa because I think it's pretty cool looking for an economy car, I dig the interior, it's comfortable, and it gets great gas mileage. When I wanna run I get in my 1990 BMW 325i (which is in mint condition) and I tear up some asphalt. But each of my two cars has a different purpose and I admire each car for what it has to offer. Hopefully you'll be happy w/ your Matrix, but it just wasn't an option for me because I personally would rather have a better looking car (my Xa) that gets better gas mileage.

Finally, you're an idiot. What are you, down river trash or are you from Ypsi? Either way, have fun w/ your Matrix.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

ghost...were u listehing??? first of all, i already paid DEPOSIT FOR THE XA and when i didnt liked xa they told me since car is already here and been transported, they cant give me back that deposit, so whos the scions parent company?? TOYOTA and so why not get a MATRIX, i mean car looks damn good!!! and where is this m3 and minis coming from??? and do u know how much mini coasts? HELL LOT MORE THAN XA COASTS!!!!! AND MAYBE EQUAL TO MATRIX!!!!! AND DID U NOT HEAR ME SAY XA IS TOO SMALL FOR ME AND MY DAD??? AND I DONT HAVE A MOM, SO MATRIX IS GOING TO BE OUR MAIN AUTOMOBILE!!!! SO DO U UNDERSTAND WHY XA OR MINI ISENT GO FOR US??? WERE U NOT HERE?? I MEAN HOW CLEAR DO I NEED TO GET HERE??? AND FASTER IS FASTER, THERES NO DOUBT THAT MATRIX IS FASTER THAN XA!!!! MATRIX HAS BEEN FASTER THAN XA SINCE BABY JESUS WERE BORN!!!! AND GHOST...YOU CALLED ME A IDIOT?? JUVENULE?? AND I DO LIVE IN YPSILANTI, HOW DID U KNOW?, DO U STALK ME AT NIGHT AND TAKE MY NAKED PICTURED AND MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD WITH IT??? AND I NEVER SAID I "WAS" LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE CAR!!!! NOR ECONOMICAL CAR...SO GHOST U MUST FEEL REAL IDIOT TO THINK THAT IM A IDIOT AND WHERE DO U LIVE??? SOMEWHERE IN DESERT??? OH AND BY THE WAY YPSI IS IMPROVING, COME TO YPSI, MI 48197...THERES NEW SCHOOL, NEW SUBDIVSIONS AND ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT YOU DONT HAVE IN ARIZON DESERT, WE HAVE PLANTY OF WATER HERE. SO I WONT STINK SO BAD UNLIKE YOU, I THINK I CAN SMELL UR PIT FROM HERE.

...AND DONT EVER CALL ME AN IDIOT, YOU GREASEY OLD IDIOT....
Old 10-17-2006, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you guys should be ashamed of yourself.
hating on a mentally handicapped child.
FOR SHAME
Old 10-17-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

....so if this gets delted"xa factor" i dont think its fair...
I suggested it be locked because it had wandered so far off-topic. The "crap" was referring to what this thread has evolved into, not what your original subject matter was.

I still think it should be locked.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-17-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

ghost...were u listehing??? first of all, i already paid DEPOSIT FOR THE XA and when i didnt liked xa they told me since car is already here and been transported, they cant give me back that deposit, so whos the scions parent company?? TOYOTA and so why not get a MATRIX, i mean car looks damn good!!! and where is this m3 and minis coming from??? and do u know how much mini coasts? HELL LOT MORE THAN XA COASTS!!!!! AND MAYBE EQUAL TO MATRIX!!!!! AND DID U NOT HEAR ME SAY XA IS TOO SMALL FOR ME AND MY DAD??? AND I DONT HAVE A MOM, SO MATRIX IS GOING TO BE OUR MAIN AUTOMOBILE!!!! SO DO U UNDERSTAND WHY XA OR MINI ISENT GO FOR US??? WERE U NOT HERE?? I MEAN HOW CLEAR DO I NEED TO GET HERE??? AND FASTER IS FASTER, THERES NO DOUBT THAT MATRIX IS FASTER THAN XA!!!! MATRIX HAS BEEN FASTER THAN XA SINCE BABY JESUS WERE BORN!!!! AND GHOST...YOU CALLED ME A IDIOT?? JUVENULE?? AND I DO LIVE IN YPSILANTI, HOW DID U KNOW?, DO U STALK ME AT NIGHT AND TAKE MY NAKED PICTURED AND MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD WITH IT??? AND I NEVER SAID I "WAS" LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE CAR!!!! NOR ECONOMICAL CAR...SO GHOST U MUST FEEL REAL IDIOT TO THINK THAT IM A IDIOT AND WHERE DO U LIVE??? SOMEWHERE IN DESERT??? OH AND BY THE WAY YPSI IS IMPROVING, COME TO YPSI, MI 48197...THERES NEW SCHOOL, NEW SUBDIVSIONS AND ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT YOU DONT HAVE IN ARIZON DESERT, WE HAVE PLANTY OF WATER HERE. SO I WONT STINK SO BAD UNLIKE YOU, I THINK I CAN SMELL UR PIT FROM HERE.

...AND DONT EVER CALL ME AN IDIOT, YOU GREASEY OLD IDIOT....
Do you really live in Ypsi? Wow.... I was actually joking... You sound like you're from Ypsi but I suspect either there or Jackson or maybe even Flint, but if you were from Flint then you would've bought a used Cavalier instead.

Hey, good luck with your new car. And if you're serious about the issue with the deposit, then maybe you should speak to the manager of the dealership or write Toyota and complain about losing your $500... Furthermore, you should probably **think** before you sign a contract obligating you to something you're not prepared to do -
Old 10-17-2006, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

LOL. . . ghost has a point.

And don't hate on older people. . . I'm 23, have no kids, and I'm still laughing at this! And hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people calling you an idiot and many of them are going to be your age. I'm not hating on you kid, but it's the real world. Hopefully you've learned that by now. Jeez, even Einstein was called an idiot by many of his peers. . .

And the reason nobody is being nice to you is because your first post was pretty immature. . . which is why I'm going to say:

1. I hope you learned your lesson on trying out a car before you sign papers and make a deposit.

2. You should have bought a Mazda 3; you can get it with stock HID's, it handles much better, and is MUCH faster. A stock Matrix is not really much faster than an xA. . . so technically if you think the xA is slow, SO IS THE MATRIX. You said, "fast is fast. . . even if it's 1hp." Well, by the same logic, slow is slow. Congradulations, you bought a slow car.

Posting pics to "make us jealous" only makes us laugh because you were forced to buy a car you didn't originally intend to buy. I just know that EVERYONE in the world dreams about having a Toyota Matrix because it's the coolest fastest car in the whole wide world. With it's mind blowing 130hp. . . that's almost as much as a Jet Fighter! I'm sure we all dreamed that one day we would be lucky enough to own a car that makes all the ladies go crazy. Plus the average age of Matrix owners is OVER 40, so it's definitely hip. Nothing screams success like a 40 year old behind the wheel of a Matrix. No, originality doesn't mean anything. Nor does the fact that people like different cars for different reasons.

You know, if you came in here and said you really liked the Matrix and went straight for it, I'd have more respect for your opinion. But you ended up with it by accident. I'm sorry for being a punk, but in my world that's what you get for disrespecting your elders. Plus this thread is going to get locked very very soon. . . I can smell it coming.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^yeah...the mazda 3 is a nice car. and this kid is an idiot. he is getting mad over nothing. haha...and its not like im an old guy(no offense to anyone) im only 18.

this thread should be locked
Old 10-17-2006, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spiderbox
you guys should be ashamed of yourself.
hating on a mentally handicapped child.
FOR SHAME
Old 10-17-2006, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just don't know what this kid is trying to say. maybe because he's horrible in spelling and grammar? i dont know. say kid, how long have you had your driver's license anyway? 2? 3 months?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please don't lock this, it's quite entertaining .
Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
LOL. . . ghost has a point.

And don't hate on older people. . . I'm 23, have no kids, and I'm still laughing at this! And hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people calling you an idiot and many of them are going to be your age. I'm not hating on you kid, but it's the real world. Hopefully you've learned that by now. Jeez, even Einstein was called an idiot by many of his peers. . .

And the reason nobody is being nice to you is because your first post was pretty immature. . . which is why I'm going to say:

1. I hope you learned your lesson on trying out a car before you sign papers and make a deposit.

2. You should have bought a Mazda 3; you can get it with stock HID's, it handles much better, and is MUCH faster. A stock Matrix is not really much faster than an xA. . . so technically if you think the xA is slow, SO IS THE MATRIX. You said, "fast is fast. . . even if it's 1hp." Well, by the same logic, slow is slow. Congradulations, you bought a slow car.

Posting pics to "make us jealous" only makes us laugh because you were forced to buy a car you didn't originally intend to buy. I just know that EVERYONE in the world dreams about having a Toyota Matrix because it's the coolest fastest car in the whole wide world. With it's mind blowing 130hp. . . that's almost as much as a Jet Fighter! I'm sure we all dreamed that one day we would be lucky enough to own a car that makes all the ladies go crazy. Plus the average age of Matrix owners is OVER 40, so it's definitely hip. Nothing screams success like a 40 year old behind the wheel of a Matrix. No, originality doesn't mean anything. Nor does the fact that people like different cars for different reasons.

You know, if you came in here and said you really liked the Matrix and went straight for it, I'd have more respect for your opinion. But you ended up with it by accident. I'm sorry for being a punk, but in my world that's what you get for disrespecting your elders. Plus this thread is going to get locked very very soon. . . I can smell it coming.

.......................................this little topic have made me start to smoke again...thank you for that....and ghost i wish i had thought about writting a complain letter to toyota before all this happend...and oh please, djct watt, sure m3 is a great car...but like i said the deposit is under scion, not mazda...and like i said before a thousand times, i never said matrix is "FAST" car, i said matrix is faster than xa, WHICH IS TRUE!...and its not me whos going to drive matrix, its my dad...lets try to get it right next time ok?

dose mean u r older than me and can spell better, dosent mean u r smarter than me...oh and in couple of more years u r going to get old, u will need a microscope to drive and maybe little diper for your peepee issues...[/b]
Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by _LegaspIxA_
i just don't know what this kid is trying to say. maybe because he's horrible in spelling and grammar? i dont know. say kid, how long have you had your driver's license anyway? 2? 3 months?
haha thats really funny leaspixa, it seems to me that people on here seems to understand where im going with my topic, they seem to understand it just fine. maybe its "YOU" who needs a reading class, even tho u r in ur 20s...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought an xA because it's a Toyota, I liked the looks of it and the gas mileage. I do a 70 mile per day commute. My xA happens to be my 3rd vehicle, I also own 2 Explorers, my '91 looks better than most peoples '04. Why do think people should waste money on a Lexus or something just because you consider us old? You obvisiously know how to write I can tell that by the first paragraph in your last post. However your next paragraph throws it all away again. Where I work if you can't joke and kid around you'd never make it. Lighten up and play along with it. You have a long road ahead of you and it's a pretty sad one at that unless you can change. Please don't lock this thread.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:28 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd get the Matrix.

Matrix:
30mpg city 36mpg hwy

xA:
31mpg city 37mpg hwy

There's hardly any difference. Infact, when you factor in the engine size, the xA is actually more inefficient. Why? Because of its gearing. The xA has to have a lower gear ratio for it to actually move. It has zippy performance because of its gearing. Going 80mph in the xA will give you about 4,200rpms while the Matrix probably 3,400rpm.

Theres the engine. The Echo's motor is also fairly reliable, probably just as good as the Corolla, but like the saying, "there's no displacement for displacement", specially since there's hardly any mpg difference.

The Matrix also has more cargo room. Also, since it's a larger car, it's more safer in the event of a collission.

The Matrix is also far more smoother than the xA. The xA does come standard with ABS, where as the Matrix doesn't.

To equip the Matrix with the same standard as the xA, you'll spend about an extra $2,000.

When you look at the big picture, the price difference is about $2,000. Now ask yourself if $2,000 is worth to pay to get:
more power (without sacrificing fuel economy)
more refined car (smoother riding)
larger vehicle (more room, safer)
resale value is also excellent

I would go for it.

But if you're going to reach the $15,000 mark, I'd suggest getting the tC Spec.
tC > Matrix > xA
Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Old 10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha thats really funny leaspixa, it seems to me that people on here seems to understand where im going with my topic, they seem to understand it just fine. maybe its "YOU" who needs a reading class, even tho u r in ur 20s...
glad that made you happy kid... and yes, you're right... everybody here understands where you're going with this topic now, what i don't understand is why did you come here to prove how immature you are by posting a topic that describes how stupid you are in making decisions and then wants everybody else to be "jealous"? you come here to get honest opinions will it be positive or negative, doesn't matter. you post something here, be ready for criticism. learn how to NOT disrespect your elders. they are more knowledgeable than you and im sorry to say, but from the way you reply, it doesn't reflect that you have a bit of brightness in you. so maybe from now on, try not to talk too much because the more you talk, the more you make a complete idiot of yourself. (well, maybe not completely because some parts in your head are missing) and for christ's sake man, grow up a little bit! you're 16! stop calling ____ peepee!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

well grateful11, i personally dont think new expansive cars are the best and i dont really hate old people...im going to get old someday too, and what i wrote was just for some indiviuals and since i dont know anything about them i just dragged on with their age and i do have awsome jokes and can handle some that are thrown at me, if u get to know me in person, none of u guys will hate me.

but legaspixa...oh please, if i wanted to show how immature im id post something like H3 vs XA, and we all make mistakes, but i fixed up that mistake and made it better?? goto consumer guide and compare matrix to xa...matrix scored 9/10 and xa scored 6/10...i aint no math wiz, but i think 9/10 beats 6/10...so next time do a little reserach and wait untill u r sure of it, cause right now u look pretty stupid, not me...and u r only 4 years older than me kid, u dont get to call me "kid"...got it? and if you dont want me to talk to much, leave me speechless about ur comment and just shut me up, i seen a better comment from a two year old...
Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one here hates you , heck I don't even hate G. Dubya. Hate is just not in me.

Quick Reply: Toyota Matrix vs Scion xA..