Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

VSS Wire Location for a color blind idiot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default VSS Wire Location for a color blind idiot?

Can anyone help a new scion xa owner with this wire location for self installation of a cruise control system? I have read the manual, but its clear as mud as the connectors do not look the same. I had a friend look and said he sees a red and white wire, but no violet and white wire as mentioned in the manual. Now there is a pretty pink or pastal purple wire with no stripe, but that is in the different location. Long story short I have tried the red and white wire which is off the computer and the 2nd wire 2nd row on the larger connector on the air box from the computer and no go. Either I am hitting hte wrong wire or my cruise control has a non function servoe, but the light on it works.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The wire should be purple/white try behind the fuse box, also it should be in the
radio harness in the dash the deck uses the signal for the ASL function. Hope this
helps ya out.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks scooter for giving me hope on this forum. I did a lot of looking and contacted rostra, a few rostra dealers and sparks trd toyota and all scion.

Rostra referrred me to a few local dealer, 1 told me they were not a rostra dealer, 1 didnt seem to know what he was talking about, but would look and another told me no, they would not touch it.

Sparks said it was an easy install and offered to over night me a new unit. Allscion said for liability reasons they could not help me.

Long story short, I unwrapped the bundle of wires from bottom of the glove box to the two connectors behind the glove box and found the purple and white stripped wire. It was in the bundle of wires, not either plug. Both plugs contain red and white stripped wires where as the purple and white one looks like a purple as in purple ink pen or magix marker. YHou cant miss it, but its in the bundle and I got it near the bottom of the glove box opening.

My cc works now and the sparks trd one has a 12 month 12k mile warranty. Rostra the manufature use to be dana, who made after market cruise control systems too.