Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Originally Posted by az_pinoy

JC

WoW ....... that is gorgeous
Old 03-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Banned
SL Member

I'm not feeling the blue tinted headlights (fake wannabe HIDs?) but the rest looks sharp and well-done.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member

those xa's look bomb
Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is VIP style..... ?? below is extracted from another forum.. some of you may not like me for this...

I believe that everyone has heard of VIP wagon, VIP Luxury style, VIP this and that. What is VIP ? Of course it stands for Very Important Person of which most of us comprehend. This concept is based on the car built for a very important person. Thus it has to be luxurious and a display of class and status.
In Japan, this concept begins when young adults who used to love performance cars began to grow out from the racing scene. Being working in the executive society, the display of image is important for showing off their capabilities as executives. However being young in the fast moving work force in Japan, owning a large size saloon car seems impossible. But that can be made possible with older Japanese Saloon Cars, hence with no holds barred, these young Japanese brought some old Toyota Cressidas, Older Celsior, Older Toyota Crown, old Nissan Cima and such, as older cars in Japan are cheaper in price as their depreciation deems high.

So these younger executives buy older cars, dress it up with new paint jobs and aerokits, rims, etc to make it look stylish. Hence this trend started to catch the eyes of many young Japanese and it began to bloom about 15 years ago in Japan. And the word "VIP" starts to conceptualised with association from this style.

VIP Concept cars are often dressed up with VIP aerokit, (something simple, very little curves, look muscular in image), biggest rims that they can squeeze into the fender, and most of them are 3 pieces deep dish rims for the look of expensive taste. Suspension has to be low down to max low to show the sporty feel of class. Then, exhaust has to made to look like continental feeling of twin exhaust style or single exhaust.

Windows are usually tinted until very dark with resembles some rich organisation big boss car or something. In addition, inside has to be leather and classy accessories and wooded console and panels to resemble some rich men driving a expensive cars as most expensive cars such as Mercedes, BMWs, Jags, etc comes with wooden panels.

Popular VIP colours are BLACK and WHITE, however with more new variants of colour, Bright RED/MAROON are up and coming colours of the VIP range.

VIP Concept start to come with a big bang as the spending on the car is definitely cheaper than performance cars in terms of parts and maintainence.

The expensive parts of the VIP are only 3 things. The Aerokit, the Big Rims and the Suspension. However the appeal factor for the mass is always there as it displays the image of class and elegance.

And of course, it must not be clustered with too much sticker because it is not a race car but an image looking car. A few metal emblems will add to the entire class of the car.

Below are examples of VIP Concept Cars:

Old 03-08-2005, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member

Wow thanks Kap! You know, I have tried to explain my situation and how I'm into cars to ppl, but I'm definitly having a tough time explaining it to "kids" that haven't reached this stage yet. They don't realize that tastes will mature and hopefully it also evolves from learning as we go and try not to make the same mistakes twice.

On the flip.. -Granted, I still have my F&F style Ford ZX2 that's a huge part of me, that I still can't let go of eventhough it feels almost too youthful sometimes. It's just not enought to kill it for me.

....____ fellas, I'm obviously married now (from the title), I'm still hittin the clubs fairly hard, movin to Vagas next week as a matter of fact, we're both movin up in our careers, and its all about livin the life right now. No doubt, I'm out there test driving Q45's, 540's, C classes, LS's. But at 26 with a great job... I can get'em all day, but I know I won't have the money to keep up with them if something should happen down the road. Plus I feel like those rides will come eventually and for now these scions are so everything under the sun perfect for rollin how ever you wanna roll. VIP, race, jdm, whatever.... The only thing these cars don't have is a hefty price tag. I don't think that makes a vehicle VIP or not, cause you know these japanese cats can still pick up these whips at some sort of auction and roll'em hard for next to nothin and they can still be all beat up too, so what makes that situation any different if it does come down to a price tag. The way I broke it down is I had a budget and a plan for every car I went to look at. I did my research, knew exactly what I wanted to do and ran the numbers. It turned out to be fairly consistant accross the board as far as what what each car costs to modify soo I had to then look at cost of ownership, maintinence, how well could I take care of it myself w/o having to roll into a mechanic (which I'm used to having friends around and had no problem, but I'm moving accross the country and don't know anybody) so with all things considered those of you who chose Scions made a great move....IMO

Sorry for the lengthy reply, I guess I had read another reply from another post on VIP car clubs in LV... he pretty much slipped it in there that even if there were a VIP club down there they prolly would not accept a $13k car... Didn't bother me, just remembered that statment after reading KapitanE post...

OH! about the comment on the headlights... not trying to fake HID's (ummm... thats pretty much output only, so if you replaced your halogen bulbs ever with some sort of hyperwhites or blue... we're all pretty much int the same boats and yes we're faking it) ANYway, they're actually inspired from the Lexus RX300's, if you ever noticed'em you'd know what I mean. There was a package Lex offered and the housings were a slight tint, jeweled is a better term, of a faint blue. I noticed that because that was the vehicle the wife always wanted to be driving and suprizingly enough the xA has a very similar shape only smaller... It's just a design element we enhanced upon, nothing more.

Later gents
Old 03-08-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in my opinion, VIP cars are FUGLY (at least those posted above are)! i hope i never mature to that stage, although the VIP xA is beautiful. i plan on owning an STi through my old-age ...
Old 03-08-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just checking in here... didn't get a chance to comment on the higher resolution pics of the xA yet, so here goes: VERY NICE! It's pretty much how I wanted to fix up our xA before it got totalled
ah well, now I can live vicariously through you and brian.. >HAHA<
Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wa-
Wa-
Wa-

Wow. Just developed a stutter.
Gorgeous.

Fake HID's?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then would u call this VIP?

This was my Scooby

sold it cause it was eating too much gas, and i drive like 100miles a day...so decided to get something more fuel efficient.

Ron
Old 03-10-2005, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just love that car......
i would trade my box for that and i wouldn't mind hte gas thing....
awww sweeeet!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. Oh well, the car was featured in Super Street of Dec 2004. They screwed it up...but hay it's published I guess.

BTW i love the VIP Xa. Just wanted to know what size tires you running there? I'm needing wheels, since the 16's i borrowed for my Xa is a little too small.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JDM Junkyard
then would u call this VIP?

This was my Scooby

sold it cause it was eating too much gas, and i drive like 100miles a day...so decided to get something more fuel efficient.

Ron
no..thats more of a racer.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry...I'm not a racer...i'm just a poser....

No..it is mor VIP to me at that time
Old 03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

each to his own.. my impression of VIP is phat lip, nice camber, and low stance..