Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Wooohooooo...! Yet another problem arises...! Score...!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wooohooooo...! Yet another problem arises...! Score...!

So after the ordeal this morning at the dealership, I go grab a bite, watch a movie and cool off. On the drive back, I'm bumpin' some Gorillaz and what happens??? The housing console for the driver's side tweeter falls off...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wha??????????????????

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

180 to the dealership. Guys look at it... they bring it back out, tell me they need to order the part... will take one week. Meanwhile, they've temporarily "fixed" it by attaching some weak ___ tape! But the tape's not holding, so it's dangling. So I took it off and placed it in my glove box.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a section in the owners manual that specifically states that no "Gorillaz" music is allowed in the xA. I think there's a clause that allows the occasional playing of "Clint Eastwood", but nothing else.

You've definately gone past the point of love. Your xA will always be resented in your mind, and you'll fail to respect or enjoy the car unless you stop nitpicking it to death. It's a car, it's not a car made by God, it's a $13,000 car. It's not perfect, and I suspect that you aren't perfect either.

Have the dealer fix it, then trade it in. Get a Honda Fit. We'll all laugh at you for your bugeyes and abnormally high front view, but you'll be happy

OR

Get a door ding. Go for a drive, crank up the stereo (remember, no Gorillaz) and connect with the soul of the vehicle. Have fun with what you have and accept it's flaws. If you wanted a flawless car, increase your budget by at least 15k.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No.

I LOVE my xA.

I'm just disappointed by the build quality...

If I had bought a Kia Rio, I would not be _____ing... but I'm supposed to be getting Toyota quality, am I not? I can say honestly that the Rio is better built... probably not as reliable, but Accents and Rios have tight gaps and even build quality!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. I'm sorry you have so many issues with your car. My xA has been solid as a rock.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are the most depressing xA owner ever. I look forward to you enjoying your car once you stop freaking out.

I think what is really going on is this is the first time you dumped this much $$$$ into a car and expect to have a flawless car. Yeah its a new car, but you will find this kinda stuff with all brands. You think you have it bad now I dare you to test the life of a kia engine, more so if you have any mods.
Things like your tweeter shell, and bumper fitment you can fix yourself. If you ever need help trying to fix something like that hit me up, or post up on http://www.xAtuner.com and someone will gladdly walk you through all possible fix it ideas.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

Related to your other thread; perhaps the tweeter fell off with all your herky jerky driving while you're trying to learn to drive a stick?