Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

xA for me, xB for my girl? Weird?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

Default xA for me, xB for my girl? Weird?

Guys, my girlfriend of almost 5 years and I are both about to graduate college and will get married at some point. We were both thinking of getting Scions. Thing is that I like xA, and she likes the xB. My cousin told me the other day that we should do the opposite because the xA is more feminine and the xB is more of guys car since it's bigger and has a more edgy appearance.

However, my girlfriend doesn't care about performance and wants something roomy, automatic and something we can do roadtrips in. I however, am into hooking cars up and I love light cars and the xA is lighter then the xB, I also like how the xA's look with body-kits.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally cant stand the looks of the xA, but I say get whatever YOU want.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member

^ Stock I'd probably prefer the xB to the xA looks-wise, but even I wouldn't consider the xB as looking sporty, it just looks cool. An xA with a hot bodykit and rims I would definitely group in the Civic Si, VW GTI, realm of sportiness.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<----Do it. I love my xA. I've always liked small cars, and my xA reminds me of a reliable 4-door Mini Cooper. My wife has the xB and she couldn't be happier. She needs a car that can haul more stuff and the box suits her perfectly. BTW, I was driving a full-size Chevy Silverado 4X4 before the xA.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

I don't buy that masculine/feminine crap when you're talking Scion xA/xB.

Buy the one that you'll have fun with and, if you have the funds, buy the one she'll have fun with too.

I obviously went with the xB and my wife is getting her own xB in January or February, but I always have tons of fun driving xAs around town too. They just feel real tiny and dart around so sweet. If I was a little bit shorter and skinnier I would probably rock an xA of my own.

Good luck!

-Alex
Old 11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol a girls car..i always hate that stupid crap.

a car is a car is a car, now if its painted PINK ...ya might be driving a girls car...otherwise what the heck does it matter.

its YOUR $$$$ spend it on whatever you want too and enjoy.

also - not that it makes any difference, everytime I see an xA or xB its a guy driving so ...its all pure chance what you see anyway. 2 xA's here at work and both are guys that own em. I almost got the xA also.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't worry about what other people think which gender gets what car. Whoever limits themselves to decisions like that, misses out on a lot of fun/cool cars. Look at the Miata, many people say it's a chick car, but it's one of the most autocrossed cars because its fun. Go for what you want!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah, i hate people categorize someone else's ride by gender. go for the xA if you like it, dont listen to any body's opinion.

that reminds me of that show called "Yes, Dear" when Greg just bought a Mazda Miata and everyone call that car a "chick car". hell, i'll still drive it...
Old 11-16-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mill0048
I wouldn't worry about what other people think which gender gets what car. Whoever limits themselves to decisions like that, misses out on a lot of fun/cool cars. Look at the Miata, many people say it's a chick car, but it's one of the most autocrossed cars because its fun. Go for what you want!
Amen
Old 11-17-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

just get watcha like....
Old 11-17-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Vehement agreement! Get what you want.

Our Scion salesman (the Scion manager at our dealer) told us that Toyota thought that the demographics would be as you and your girlfriend (guys preferring xA, girls preferring xB) but he said that 80% of the xBs are being bought by guys (much to Toyota's surprise, apparently).

So, just get what you want. Heck, if you like it, paint it pink! It's YOUR car.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member

Guys, thanks for the words of advice. Now I'm sure that I'm going to go with the xA and my girlfriend is going to go with the xB.

Eventually I plan to do Intake/Headers/Exhaust and get a nice body-kit, tints, upgrade the headunit and speakers (no sub or amps for me, gotta keep the baby light!) some lightweight 16 inch rims and call it day with my xA.

As for my girl car, rims and an in-dash navigation will probably be it for her. Maybe a body-kit if she wants. The xB is going to be our road-trip mobile.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your going to bet set big time with an xA and xB!! I would love it if my girl got an xA (or another xB)
Old 11-20-2005, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member

that reminds me of that show called "Yes, Dear" when Greg just bought a Mazda Miata and everyone call that car a "chick car".

haha, I remember that episode..............
Old 04-04-2006, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: xA for me, xB for my girl? Weird?

Originally Posted by Zerostatic
Guys, my girlfriend of almost 5 years and I are both about to graduate college and will get married at some point. We were both thinking of getting Scions. Thing is that I like xA, and she likes the xB. My cousin told me the other day that we should do the opposite because the xA is more feminine and the xB is more of guys car since it's bigger and has a more edgy appearance.

However, my girlfriend doesn't care about performance and wants something roomy, automatic and something we can do roadtrips in. I however, am into hooking cars up and I love light cars and the xA is lighter then the xB, I also like how the xA's look with body-kits.

Buy both of them. at $14,000 you could afford to get them both for the same price as a Ford Explorer.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, it's only a Girl's car if the lipstick in the center console matches the car...
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i hate that masculine feminine car crap, to each his/her own, buy what you will be happy with
i was gonna get an xA, but do to my size and legs, i do not fit comfortably, but those things are nimble as hell, but i love the xB and wouldn't change it for the world, suits me perfectly
Old 04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go with an xb because you have so much room to play with, system, speakers, custom plus if you drop it , what can I say Im speechlesss, Ive been to several car shows and you see alot of xb tricked out and you will be like ok now its time to save, I love my box and would nt trade it for the world, I cruise it,,on the freeway I go as fast as the speed sign says, no more so... butt heads start honking to get me tohurry I stick out my arm and wave at them to go around , :P
Old 04-04-2006, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: xA for me, xB for my girl? Weird?

Originally Posted by rabelco
Originally Posted by Zerostatic

Buy both of them. at $14,000 you could afford to get them both for the same price as a Ford Explorer.
but the ford wont last as long as either the xa or xb. i think its great that you made your choice on what you wanted to get. there are fewer xas than xbs on the road it seems. so you will be more unique with the xa.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Do it....get an xA while your gf gets an xb.

Quick Reply: xA for me, xB for my girl? Weird?