Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

XA remote keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member

Default XA remote keyless entry

Just a quick question. I have had my XA for 3 days. I love the car. My questions is concerning the keyless entry. When I press the unlock button, the lights flash and the horn blows but the drivers door does not unlock. It requires me to press the unlock button on the fob again and then all doors unlock. Is this a preblem or is this the normal operation? The owners manual had no information on this. Thanks for the help
Old 11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I have the Scion security on my xA as well and it seems like it is a problem with yours.

The first time you press the unlock, it's suppose to unlock just the driver's door. The second time you press unlock, it unlocks the rest of the doors and the trunk. You should take it back to your dealer to have them check it out, the first press should unlock just the driver side door.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I will reply later. . . I have to look it up in my manual, but the dealer was supposed to give you a secondary manual for your alarm. I think you meant that ONLY the driver's door unlocks when you hit the unlock button once(if not you got some serious wiring problems, and need to get them checked out) and if you hit it again, all the doors unlock.
Well there is a reprogram method to make it so all doors unlock when you push the button once. I'm too lazy to walk outside right now, but I will get to it later, unless someone beats me to it.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Well there is a reprogram method to make it so all doors unlock when you push the button once. I'm too lazy to walk outside right now, but I will get to it later, unless someone beats me to it.
I never got a manual when I got my security system installed, but sure would like to know how to program it though! Keep us posted!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

damn you bastards are making me get up and out of my comfy seat, into the freezing outdoors!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Haha, I just walked back from work, I hear ya bro. Sacramento is CHILLY today!
Old 11-18-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thats what you get for offering to help us......
Old 11-18-2004, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

got the manual. . . typing it up right now
Old 11-18-2004, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Mods, make this a sticky/tech FAQ? It seems some people did not receive a manual with their Security option.

For the "xA - Security with RKE" (Remote Keyless Entry)
I assume this is the same with xB, and possibly tC?

Programming
Driver's Door/All Doors Unlock Selection

The xA Security with RKE is factory-set to unlock the driver's door when the UNLOCK button is pressed on the remote control, then unlock the remaining doors when the UNLOCK button is pressed again within 3 seconds. You may change the programming so all doors will unlock at once when the UNLOCK button is pressed by following the steps below:
1. Before you begin: Open the driver's door. Remove the key from the ignition switch

2. Start the programming Procedure (Complete all these steps within 40 seconds)
A. Insert the key into and remove it from the ignition switch 2 times
B. Close, then open the driver's door 2 times
C. Insert the key into and remove it from the ignition switch 1 time
D. Close, then open the driver's door 2 times.
E. Insert the key into the ignition and leave it in.
F. Close the driver's door
G. Turn the key from LOCK to ON 4 times (ending at LOCK)
H. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
I. (Program mode Confirmation; you did everything correctly) The tail and marker lights flash 4 times, the buzzer chirps 4 times, and the doors lock and unlock 4 times

3. Select the operating mode and complete the programming procedure
A. Press and release both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time.
B. TO ENABLE ALL DOORS UNLOCK Press and release the UNLOCK button once for all doors unlock

OR

TO DISABLE FEATURE Press and release the LOCK button once for driver's door unlock only

C. The tail and marker lights flash 1time, the buzzer chirps 1 time, and the doors lock and unlock 1 time
Note: if the system lock the doors twice, start over.

E. Open the driver's door; programming is now complete

This took me 3-4 tries to do correctly. . . it DOES work.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Ching Ching! Thanks!
Old 11-18-2004, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Passive arming on/off selection, entry delay time selection

The xA Security with RKE is factory-set to not Passively Arm. To change the system's operation for Passive Arming operation, as well as adjust the ENTRY DELAY time, follow the procedure below

1. Before you begin: Close all the doors, and the trunk or hatch. Unlock all the doors with inside lock switch. Remove the key from the ignition switch.

2. Start the Programming Procedure (Complete these steps within 30 seconds)
A. Using the remote control, lock, then unlock the doors 3 times.
B. Open the driver's door.
C. Lock, then unlock the driver's door inside lock button 3 times.
D. The system lock the door in 2 seconds; if this does not happen, start over.
E. Unlock the driver's door inside lock button.

3. Select the Operating Mode and Complete the Programming Procedure.
A. Close, then open the door:
2 times = Passive Arming OFF
3 times = Passive Arming ON, 0 Sec Entry Delay
4 times = Passive Arming ON, 15 Sec Entry Delay
5 times = Passive Arming ON, 30 Sec Entry Delay
B. Lock then unlock the driver's door inside lock button 1 time
C. The system lock the door in 2 seconds; if this does not happen, start over. Programming is now complete.

To Passively Arm, Remove key, close all doors, the system will passively arm, and the Status Monitor LED will turn on.

To Disarm, use the UNLOCK button on the remote, unlock from the door, or insert they key into the ignition switch and turn it to "ON."

I havn't tried this, and am not sure if "passive arming" actually means that it locks the doors, or just arms the alarm.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Your alarm should also be set by default to automatically lock the doors when you turn the key ON(if all doors are shut) and unlock the doors when you turn the key to ACC. If you want the programming mode to either activate/disable this, let me know. . . my hands are kinda tired from typing.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

hey ITZJERE, you bastard, you live in SAC!!!!! Come to a Team NVS meet! We need more xA's. . . what are you doing, Thurs, at 8:00PM? I think I've run into you on I80. . . was that you who was racing me about a month ago?
Old 11-18-2004, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Thanks so much for this info! Definitely should be stickied!!
Old 11-18-2004, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

hey ITZJERE, you bastard, you live in SAC!!!!! Come to a Team NVS meet! We need more xA's. . . what are you doing, Thurs, at 8:00PM? I think I've run into you on I80. . . was that you who was racing me about a month ago?
Haha, I've been meaning to come out to a NVS meet back I've either been in Tahoe or working, but tomorrow I have a dinner to go to, so I can't make it.. hopefully I can make it out to one though! Thanks for the invite!

Don't think it was me racing you on I80 though.. probably some other xA!
Old 11-18-2004, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I have a DIY CAI you might be interested in trying. . . it's been workin well so far, but I've been too lazy to post pics.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I have a DIY CAI you might be interested in trying. . . it's been workin well so far, but I've been too lazy to post pics.
Definitly. Hit me up on AIM so you can send it to me or something.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default NEED BIG HELP!!!

what happened is that I installed a remote start in my xA. It works fine but whenever I start the car he keyless entry doesn't work, so that means that every time I use it I need to open the door with my keys. I understand there are pros and cons, but I paid $250.00 for it. The guy that did it told me that he might be able to make it work, but it would mean to deal with the ignition ans\d some other stuff and it would take to much time or money. (Since they are doing it for free to help me out) The second choice is to replace my keyless entry with theirs, the problem is that he told me that mine is better than the one they are going to use and it would mean to replace my nice remote. What he told me is that toyota use some extra safety features in our cars, and whenever the car is running the keyless would not work. Please is there any way we can bypass that, or anything at this moment? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

Great info. Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Default Re: NEED BIG HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Carlanga
what happened is that I installed a remote start in my xA. It works fine but whenever I start the car he keyless entry doesn't work, so that means that every time I use it I need to open the door with my keys. I understand there are pros and cons, but I paid $250.00 for it. The guy that did it told me that he might be able to make it work, but it would mean to deal with the ignition ans\d some other stuff and it would take to much time or money. (Since they are doing it for free to help me out) The second choice is to replace my keyless entry with theirs, the problem is that he told me that mine is better than the one they are going to use and it would mean to replace my nice remote. What he told me is that toyota use some extra safety features in our cars, and whenever the car is running the keyless would not work. Please is there any way we can bypass that, or anything at this moment? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
That's a whole different matter. . . you can get it so that the systems work in tandem. . . but that is more difficult. . . you have to locate the OEM arm/disarm wire (not lock/unlock) I believe it was a green wire with a white stripe. If you tap your new alarm/keyless entry arm/disarm into this wire, when you arm/disarm your new system, it will also arm/disarm the OEM system. You have to locate the CORRECT wire. I've done it before on other Toyota/Lexus systems, and am sure it will work for the xA.

Quick Reply: XA remote keyless entry