2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

XB for sale in TEXAS please look!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Default XB for sale in TEXAS please look!

o.k. i got a pm from a dealer in texas who has a xb for sale, this is his pm to me, i think he thought i was the site admin or GOD, so i am helping him out his member name is JODI

hey guys,

I'm a salesman at Scion of Paris in Paris, TX. I've been religously keeping up with Scion Life and just now joined. Anyway the reason for this message is that I have a Scion xB instock that is now for sale. Thundercloud, AEM CAI, Strut Tie Bar, Gray steering wheel, Chrome Shifter ****, Silver Pedal covers, 6-Disc, Blue LED's, Cup Holder Illumination, cargo cover, rear spoiler, Scion security, and TRD preformance clutch. MSRP (and as I'm sure you guys know also selling price) $18,444.00. If anyone is intersted you can call me at 1 (800) 275-1293 or e-mail me at jodi@scionofparis.net

if you are interested please contact JODI not me(ToolBox)
Old 02-11-2004, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea typical.....throwing every available option on it to throw the price waaaaayyyyy up
Old 02-11-2004, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by dinkjs
yea typical.....throwing every available option on it to throw the price waaaaayyyyy up
for people interested in buying an xB. dont let the dealer push you into one on the lot, unless that is if you want the one on the lot.

get the options you want! and forget about the ones you dont need
Old 02-11-2004, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

i would like to say one more time- i posted this thread but i did not post it for me! i got a pm from this guy(JODI) asking me to help him out because he sees my name alot and thought i was the admn or something,and he did not know how to post, i posted this and now it is out of my hands

PLEASE do NOT flame ME!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

Sounds like JODI doesnt know the first thing about selling cars. First off, why not ask you how to post on this site, rather then make you the messenger. Second, there is a place on this site for dealers to list and sell stuff, if he noticed that you have posted alot on here, then chances are that he has been through the site him/herself. Third, didnt you say he PMed you, which means he is registered, no? Lastly, its not like you have to have a secret code or password to join our family, just register. I think he got scared when he read the flames posted here and there from us to the dealers that are trying so hard to make a sale here, not knowing how much more informed we are on this site, then most ( and i do say most, not all ) dealers are selling the Scion line. JMO, no flame to you Tool.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't like how is sending pm's to sell cars.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

LMAO

Just had to laugh.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
i don't like how is sending pm's to sell cars.

Your right .... A dealer needs to not be almost begging to sell the XB, it sells itself ! Something weird about that message, if he joined, then why not take a few pictures and write a nice message and post it himself !

As far as Dealers adding a ton of options to pad their pockets, it is not right - I can undertsand having 1 Xb and 1Xa with mostly all the options and those vehicles should be the demo models, gives folks a great sense of what the add-ons are. Allow the customer to select his/her own options, afterall it is their vehicle and Scion is about being unique, different and making the box your domain .....
Old 02-13-2004, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
Sounds like JODI doesnt know the first thing about selling cars. First off, why not ask you how to post on this site, rather then make you the messenger. Second, there is a place on this site for dealers to list and sell stuff, if he noticed that you have posted alot on here, then chances are that he has been through the site him/herself. Third, didnt you say he PMed you, which means he is registered, no? Lastly, its not like you have to have a secret code or password to join our family, just register. I think he got scared when he read the flames posted here and there from us to the dealers that are trying so hard to make a sale here, not knowing how much more informed we are on this site, then most ( and i do say most, not all ) dealers are selling the Scion line. JMO, no flame to you Tool.
believe me i thought about telling this guy how to post himself, but then i thought he would just pm me again and again because he would be able to comprehend my directions so to make it simple i just posted it for him! now he found out how to post a thread because HUS post is up now.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member

Default Sales on Forum

Amen to selling or using this forum to sell... Its diff when someone asks for a local dlr, but if I did something like that ( yes I sell Scions) it'd just seem desperate. I like the boards for the info and unique thoughts of others. I am not slamming Jodi or whoever posted for him, just asking to lv the pushing to selling Toyotas.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member

1. the reason that I sent the PM to TOOLBOX was because he was someone that I have seen on here alot and I wasnt sure on how to post a message at that time.

2. That xB was a vehicle that we sold and when it was time to make the delivery the cust. found that his insurance was going to cost $6,000 a year and he just could not offord that.

so to all of you Scion Life guys I was not trying to invade your space and pawn a hard loaded car off on anyone just to make profit, I've just seen that there is alot of people in the southwest that havent got cars yet and since we now had one on the lot for sale I thought I would let everyone know.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by JODI
so to all of you Scion Life guys I was not trying to invade your space and pawn a hard loaded car off on anyone just to make profit, I've just seen that there is alot of people in the southwest that havent got cars yet and since we now had one on the lot for sale I thought I would let everyone know.
& there is a place for that here on this site, under dealers.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Come on, I'm not paying a penny over $14,995 for my auto xB.

I don't want any options. You dealers would sell more if you wouldn't load them with options. The only people who would buy those cars would be the older folks. (no offense)
Old 02-13-2004, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Hehe, a saleswoman at Maroone Scion emailed me 3 times and called me 4 times this week (twice in one day) saying she had 14 automatic xBs in stock...

4 times!