Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

'06 xB shudders taking off in 1st after sitting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Default '06 xB shudders taking off in 1st after sitting

Ok, so please accept my apology if any other threads have this same issue- I searched and only one that was similar was for a xD and no one really gave any substantial answers other than its "normal".

I have a 2006 xB 5 Speed with 99K miles - have had the car since 58K- only issues I've had was battery replacement thankfully... but for last month or 2 I've noticed that after my car sits overnight or for an extended amount of time when I take off in 1st gear it shudders, but only as I take off, as soon as I'm going it stops and no issues switching any other gears, doesn't seem to be power loss, but its definitely annoying and I notice I have to gas it more before letting off the clutch and it worries me. I'd rather be proactive than reactive so if anyone knows of something that could cause this please let me know! I don't notice the shudder at all if I go somewhere park and leave within hours... just seems to be when it sits overnight- I miss my smooth take offs!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-11-2017 at 07:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

1) Clean the MAF sensor
2) clean the idle speed control sensor, it's mounted on the lower part of the throttle body. Over time general gunk, trace oil and other stuff can partially clog the valve port. Shoot mass air flow cleaner, or actual throttle body cleaner on the port and clean out w/ a wipe and q-tip. You will need to remove your intake to get to this.