Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2.0 stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 09:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Default Re: Stroker for x/b

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by Freddy
Tweeter,

First things first, Iam not going to try and port these heads. I already have a blitz supercharger so I have plenty of air flow, next I have my own atmosphere with my nitrous which will pack even more air in the heads.

Colder intake charge more fits more air into the heads So the flow off the heads isn't an issue. Iam doing the stroker kit for more strength for the s/c and 150 shot of nitrous. Plus a bigger bore and stroke makes a little motor think it's bigger with more torque pus more hp.

The best part of doing this project is to take something not designed to perform and make it perform. Anyone with enough money can go fast just go to a dealer and drop your cash and turn the key. Whats the fun in that?

Plus one one will ever expect this kind of performance from this type of car. The whole point of any project is to hand pick your own parts and what you think will work. Make it work and when you are finished on to your next project.
That's what will make your car different from the same exact car.

Freddy
your own atmosphere. um yeah ok. put down the bong and make sense. and you have a blitz s/c yet dont want more flow? um if you port the heads no matter hwta other mods you have you will have better flow. and yeah a supercharger doesnt change the amount of "flow" in the head just pushes air into the combustion chamber faster. makes sense. go actually learn what you're talking about and come back from mars.

oh and nitrous doesnt pack your cylinders with more air....... but i guess when you have your own slightly i mean REALLY , REALLY jaded "atmosphere" maybe ya do.........
Old 10-08-2005, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Whatever

Nitrous cools the intake charge. Colder will pack more air into the same space than hot air, and now the s/c is more effective since the s/c spins up the air and heat so you lose some power.

I guess no one as heard that nitrous is your own atmosphere in a bottle, just think of the nitrous as a intercooler. I was told you can't port these heads or it's a waste of time. I will let my engine builder make that call.

Freddy
Old 10-08-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

porting the heads is though and costly.
i would do the motorman choking method instead.

increase the velocity of the air.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This thread seems to get more and more interesting...hey btw, whatever happened to our F/I forum that we were striving for??
Old 10-08-2005, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member

Wow... this keeps getting better. Now it is a going to be a 2.0 stroker, supercharged, and 150 shot of no2. Hum... I don't want to shoot down anyones dreams, but get real dude. It aint going to happen.. and lets just say for a fun it did... you would HAVE to port the heads and run differnt cams. The stock valve train and head would NOT flow enough to support that much volume. Sorry, just the truth. I have been building high hp 4 cylinders and roataries for a long time and I know what I am talking about. And if you do ever get this project done, more power to you.. just try to take some advice, swap it out.... In the long run you will be much happier, and you would probably save money.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are there any motors that just drop in to the bay? i was honestly thinking of trying to find what it would take to put and older MRII twin turbo motor in my xB. Don't know if it'll fit or what have you, but its fun to think up and plan with my kids.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by TweeterXb
Wow... this keeps getting better. Now it is a going to be a 2.0 stroker, supercharged, and 150 shot of no2. Hum... I don't want to shoot down anyones dreams, but get real dude. It aint going to happen.. and lets just say for a fun it did... you would HAVE to port the heads and run differnt cams. The stock valve train and head would NOT flow enough to support that much volume. Sorry, just the truth. I have been building high hp 4 cylinders and roataries for a long time and I know what I am talking about. And if you do ever get this project done, more power to you.. just try to take some advice, swap it out.... In the long run you will be much happier, and you would probably save money.

My .02cents would be to let him go on with his project and let him learn the hard way. I would let the aftermarket companys do the R&D and come out with a stocker kit. Also I just have question where are you gonna get all the fuel to feed this massive beast of a motor you are building. Like tweeterxb said it will be a expensive project that might not yield the power you might be expecting. I my self have had the experiance to work with building some 260+ all motor 4cyl's. When you go into the F/I with nos you 99.9% will have to upgrade the valvetrain, or else you will have bent valves all over the place. maybe even have a valve or 2 shoot into the chamber. ive seen it on the dyno.

more power to you...
Old 10-08-2005, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member

As of now no motors just drop in. The closest drop in motor will be the 4efte 1.3l turbo motor. Makes some nice power and it is very boost friendly with high support in the aftermarket world. The motor of choice would be the 20 valve 4age. 1.6l dohc 20 valve motor with quad throtle bodies. 170 hp in stock form, tons of aftermarket goodies. Only problem is you have to cut and rebiuld some of the passenger side frame rail. Not a big deal really just more time consuming than anything. Anything can be done with the right know-how and time. Money always helps too, lol. -Eric
Old 10-09-2005, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default stroker

Yo;

Well it's too late I already have the blitz s/c on my box and the 50 shot of nitrous.
The only reason Iam doing the stroker kit is to bump my nitrous to 150 shot. I already spent 2 grand in parts from nitrous express. So I want to get my money's worth of nitrous and go faster. A 75 shot would blow the stock bottom end apart.

I need the strength of the forged steel crank, forged rods and the forged pistons and arp grade 8 bolts. Whatever I gain in hp with the stroke who cares, I hope to pick up a bunch of torque from the 2.0 crank. I already upgraded my injectors and fuel pump. I doubt anyone makes cams for this motor and for the heads their might not be enough material to port them.

I will have the axel shaft and slicks installed when I do the motor in January. When everthing is all said and done I hope to be the first x/b to run the quarter mile in 12 seconds. I was told the forged stroker will handle 300hp and I figure the set up will put out 284 hp on the dynojet.

Later

Freddy
Old 10-09-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It will only take about 250HP to hit a 12.

This motor seems like it does NOT want to be a power monster. I think a little PSI from a turbo and a small shot is all it can really deal with.

Stroke it if you want, but I don't think you will come anywhere close to the gains you want. I WANT you to, but it just doesn't seem plauseable. Or I should say, until you / we can alter the ECU to do our bidding with timing and fuel, etc., it won't give you what you want.

Oh well, good luck bud.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You can alter your timing and fuel with the Power Enterprise Cam con. There have been a few people on here with good results with it.

You are correct, the 1.5 will NEVER be a power monster. Its going to take some pioneer to come up with a way to put the tC motor in there. There was a rumor going around SEMA IAS from a prominent individual that works alot with scion about there being a bolt in kit in development. I wont hold my breath though...
As for boost, I know the stock lower end can handle 10psi daily without a problem. I have done it for four months straight being VERY heavy on the pedal. There was no problems.
Also, the factory rods are a forged rod from the factory in case anyone was curious....
Old 10-09-2005, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default forged

Lastlookcustoms;

Do you know if the crank is forged steel or cast? and what about the rod bolts what grade of bolts are used. I already know the pistons are cast. Also can you port the stock heads. Also does anyone make cams for this motor?

I already have more hp and torque than a stock tc motor, with my blitz s/c and nitrous 50 shot. Plus that motor must be way heavier than my 1.5. that would be going backwards for me.

If you have a stock x/b motor that would make sense, I spend way to much money on this motor and time to start all over again. I will add my final parts to my x/b in January to complete my x/b. Axel shafts, 2.0 stroker kit and last but not least bump my nitrous to 150 shot.

Freddy
Old 10-09-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Even though the factory rods are forged, they are still weak a$$ lil rods that will snap in a heartbeat with the right amount of boost...13 psi seems to be the cutoff number while running on a factory ECU.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is gonna be one of those funny threads im gonna watch and see
Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member

well, sorry to burst your bubble... there are already 12 second boxes out there. To get high 12's you need about 235 to the wheels, stripped car, slicks and some good axles.. ( and a good driver, lol) I think you would be the first on the 1nz to do it, that is if you get it to run right. You know the stock ecu isn't going to work right? You will need to get a complete stand alone system.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Freddy who exactly is going to be making all these internals?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: forged

Originally Posted by Freddy
Lastlookcustoms;

Do you know if the crank is forged steel or cast? and what about the rod bolts what grade of bolts are used. I already know the pistons are cast. Also can you port the stock heads. Also does anyone make cams for this motor?

I already have more hp and torque than a stock tc motor, with my blitz s/c and nitrous 50 shot. Plus that motor must be way heavier than my 1.5. that would be going backwards for me.

If you have a stock x/b motor that would make sense, I spend way to much money on this motor and time to start all over again. I will add my final parts to my x/b in January to complete my x/b. Axel shafts, 2.0 stroker kit and last but not least bump my nitrous to 150 shot.

Freddy
As for the crank being forged, I am really not sure. Nor am I sure of the grade on the bolts. I am sure they are not Grade 8 as that is for standard bolts and not metric. I believe most of the bolts in the engine will be of a 10.9 hardness which is a hardened bolt and should be plenty strong, but it is always nice to go stronger or with studs. You should definitley be able to port the head but not sure as to how much you will gain by this. I believe twiddler did some porting on his motor.

As for the rods being weak. I have to disagree on that. The piston will shatter off of the pin or the pin will break before the rod does. A forged rod will not break unless there is EXTREME pressure. Like I said, the pin will break before the rod....
Old 10-11-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by TweeterXb
well, sorry to burst your bubble... there are already 12 second boxes out there. To get high 12's you need about 235 to the wheels, stripped car, slicks and some good axles.. ( and a good driver, lol) I think you would be the first on the 1nz to do it, that is if you get it to run right. You know the stock ecu isn't going to work right? You will need to get a complete stand alone system.
Where are they or who are they???any info on these??
Old 10-11-2005, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NYC,totfc

Nothing to be sorry about, Iam talking 12.2 with bfgoodrich g-force drag radials. As far as other people running 12 seconds in the quarter mile with a x/b. I never heard of any running that fast in person or seen anyone's time slip. If anyone has run that quick post your time slip on scionlife. A few people claim to run 13.2 but I never seen a time slip or watched them go down the track.

As far as power goes with the 2.0 stroker kit plus the 150 nitrous direct port and blitz s/c I will have about 273 at the wheels. Then again dyno numbers don't mean ____ unless you never drag race your car then they mean everything. It's how fast you go at the track that counts. Don't worry about the driving I will be doing that since I have been drag racing for the last 20 years. Last car was a 79 stang notch running 10.56 in the top street class, 70 duster running 11.93 in mean street also a 73 charger running 12.92 in heavy class.

I talked with with a tech at mark williams enterprises the aftermarket axel is a waste of time even if they make them. I checked fidanza does not make them for the x/b. You do get a 30% sronger axel but the problem is you still get a stock cv joint you don't get the inner axel that connects to your lsd.

So even if you can get a aftermarket axel now you will break it off on the inner axel inside you lsd this is not good. I will kept the stock axel and go with my drag radials so I get some wheel spin and walk it easy out of the hole forget the slicks even if I did break a axel it will be on the outer axel or cv joint not the inner axel and mess up my trans and lsd.

Just buy another stock outer axel. I know that will cost me 2-3 tenths in the quarter mile but I don't like to drive home from the track with the tow truck driver.

You can get a custom axel can be made but your talking big bucks. to get both axels on each side of the cv joint I know honda has a full race inner axel and outer axel with a stronger cv joint. Only one problem I don't own a honda and that set up won't be that streetable.

I already have the US version blitz s/c with the piggyback ecu. As we speak Iam having one of the top import racers dialing in my nitrous express maximizer-2 controller.

If I need to step up my fuel pump and injectors and go to a stand alone system I will let my engine & nitrous guy make that call in January when I go to my stroker kit and bump up to a 150 hp shot of nitrous. Until then lots of ot and check out some interesting, funny, retarted feedback on the scionlife message board.

Freddy
Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I see your from NY where do you run this thing...racing for 20yrs..did you race at Huntspoint or in the hole in NWK..or just the track???

Quick Reply: 2.0 stroker kit