Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2.0 stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thats the kit I had on my xB
Old 10-14-2005, 01:48 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a feeling that it was
Old 10-14-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
However, the turbo is sold and another ITEM is on its way from JAPAN...
is that a secret or can we know?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by blitz_xb
i had a feeling that it was
Only difference was I scrapped there fuel management and pieced together my own setup and converted to a return line fuel setup.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what my engine / nitrous guy is going to do either bump the stock fuel pump pessure up to 60 see if thats enough. He also said maybe a fmu or run a return line fuel setup. First he installed a air / fuel gauge, nitrous gauge, and a boost gauge.

Next dyno the car and check the fuel pressure and the air/ fuel mixture. I think he said checking the fuel pressure was a pain in the butt since you can't just tap into the fuel rail with the stock scion system. I guess their is no fitting to tap into and is it also since it is not a return line fuel setup.

When he is done with the final set up and explains it to me so I understand I will post it up. I say drop the tank go to a bigger fuel pump and one size bigger fuel injectors and go with a return fuel line setup.

If I do that do I still need a fmu, also do I have to replace the stock fuel regulator?

Freddy
Old 10-15-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by blitz_xb
i have found a kit to stroke it to a 1.7 and the most ive seen was 215 out of a xa with 1.7 kit a nd a turbo
that magazine article lied. it wasnt stroked and it didnt have 215 hp. it was paul natividad's xa which now has the 4efte starlet motor in it. wanna know why? cuz they got sick and tired of blowing crappy stock motors.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do realize that car has never been started and it's been what...like 6 months. Anyone can take out an engine, drop in a smaller one (obviously it will fit in the bay) and take a picture. They never wired it up but when its done, i'm sure it will be a nice little go getter and E.L. is probably the best on the west coast for the starlet tuning next to BYP on the east coast who are the friggin masters.

The 215hp they made wasn't at the wheels and it was never stroked...all it had was the block guard.

2.0 stroker kit is too insane (mad props if you actually do it...aim for 1.8 and you got yourself a nice 140whp NA car with a milled head for higher CR) but that much work and you're gunna risk it with any forced induction let alone nitrous, that's just wrong. I've run a 125shot on the stroked 1nz and it blew first pass. Custom head gasket and new forged pistons at 8.2:1 with a stage 3 head/valve job and it lasted for 2 months with about 20-30 passes.

As for 250whp, you could "be" in the 12s/13s but your car will never make it after you snap the axles on the launch. If you don't have a place for axles...I can get you stage 2-5 forged axles made when the time comes or if you don't have the cash, I can give you a nice strong combination of parts from certain mr2's and celicas that'll get the job done.

If this is your attempt to be the fastest xA/B in the world...you have a ways to catch up come Jan. but 250whp is a nice little start.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Xbilly
Nah, its a secret....
Old 10-16-2005, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Xbilly
Nah, its a secret....
Ahh, I know what it is...I had a feeling I knew then I checked somewhere to find out and sure enough I was right
Cant wait to see it when its ready...So when is it expected to be done Stu??
Old 10-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am suppose to have the car back tuesday so we will see then. As far as the parts from Japan, not really sure when they will be done being casted...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member

[quote="siopaojoe"]
I've run a 125shot on the stroked 1nz and it blew first pass. Custom head gasket and new forged pistons at 8.2:1 with a stage 3 head/valve job and it lasted for 2 months with about 20-30 passes.

So you have a stroked 1nz with no2? And wtf is a stage 3 head job? Didn't know anyone offered a stage 1 and 2 for our motors. Yet alone the stage 5 axles? Somebody reading to many magazines are we? Post up some shops names and numbers to back it up. I would like to talk to them and I am sure they could use the business. Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^engine claims gestapo?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I've seen a ton of claims on here about engine swaps and 200+ hp xB's but I've never seen a picture or a timeslip.

Maybe I'm getting more cynical as I get older, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am currently running 60 lbs of boost, 1nz stroked to a 4.0 liter. I have the 2 fast 2 furious 4 piston add-on kit(to make it an inline 8 ) West coast customs motor-builder-to-handle-a-300-shot kit. Oh and I also managed to fit 24's on my box.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="TweeterXb"]
Originally Posted by siopaojoe
I've run a 125shot on the stroked 1nz and it blew first pass. Custom head gasket and new forged pistons at 8.2:1 with a stage 3 head/valve job and it lasted for 2 months with about 20-30 passes.

So you have a stroked 1nz with no2? And wtf is a stage 3 head job? Didn't know anyone offered a stage 1 and 2 for our motors. Yet alone the stage 5 axles? Somebody reading to many magazines are we? Post up some shops names and numbers to back it up. I would like to talk to them and I am sure they could use the business. Thanks
im just not gonna say anything tweeter. just trust him. when Joe says hes done stuff, he has. come Jan. you will see what i mean

scott
Old 10-17-2005, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

First, there are different stages for head upgrades. You're not gunna be a proffecional drag car racer with a "street" head job. Second, you can get custom axles made to swap a 2jz in a scion and they will be made to handle any range of horsepower...it's called CUSTOM and I simply said that if he doesn't know a place, there are lots in socal that will make them to his specs. Third and MOST importantly, I am banned from this forum, have been for a year now, hear random stuff from people I knew in the past on this site about all the gossiping and fake stuff being said and thought I could help someone if he was serious about high horsepower.

Bottom line...if "someone" comes here soon with pictures of a 350+whp scion, time slips, and dynos...you should change your attitude to get the smallest of details about the setup. When you start questioning the wrong people (which I don't blame you for all the garbage that is said, or was when I use to post here) you won't get any info when something is actually proven.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Man, I can't wait to see what you are dropping in there.

Wait a few weeks for the new site to get done and come register at scikotics.com . We won't ban ya.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member

I really don't mean to be an ___. I am sure there are real people out there with some crazy ____. Hell, i am one of them. I have almost as much invested in my setup as the car cost new, and i know there are others out there. I just am sick and tired of all the crap on this site. I ask a serious question and get flamed to hell and back. Sorry to all for myself taking this same attitude.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't really flaming you at all, if you took it that way Sorry... I was just poking some fun at the fact that you seemed to be getting a little wound up. My attitude toward this board is there is tons of crap, people talk lots of it, If its not backed up I disregard it, if its particularly interesting but not backed up, I wait and see what happens. I'm not responsible for the integrity of others, only for how I allow it to effect me.
Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member

oh no... i am not upset with you at all. I guess just this board as a whole. didn't mean to sound mad at ya or anything. I try to keep as many friends as possible, it is just hard to find the "real" hardcore people in here.

Quick Reply: 2.0 stroker kit