Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2.0 stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

theres no way in seeing that a stroker kit has been installed...
Old 11-26-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just say leave the guy alone and let him do what he's gotta do. Whether it works or not hes gotta find out by trying. Granted if it gets done it may be a lil hard to keep that motor alive for more than a handful of passes at a track, chances are very good that it WILL run. We just dont know how long it will run thats all. The only problem is that its a good deal of money involved with a project like this, but if you got it f#ck. Good luck to you Freddy, as we are all curious to hear your results.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't you watch Dave Chappelle?

It is our duty to travel back through time to hate on people.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't need a stroker kit to run 150shot. If you built your stock engine properly it would handle that easily.

That's one route I am still toying with for whatever I do in the next month after classes end in 3 weeks. Then I will start either a 4ag/7ag swap or be the first to actually fully build a 1nz...see if it can actually hold a 200-250shot or turbo holding over 22psi...theoretically should since I've put more into my old crx years ago which had the same rough horsepower and displacement.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not about the 'same rough horsepower and displacement'. It's about the 12 degree off center crank, the size of the rods, the strength of the rods, crank, block. This motor was designed to get you from point A to point B and do so AS EFFICIENT AS POSSIBLE. this motor was NOT designed to make power nor was it designed to accept major power adders such as turbos, nitrous and such.
To do this right, you are looking at getting custon EVERYTHING. From rods, to crank, to maybe re-inforcing the block, stronger head bolts or studs, stronger bearing caps and bolts/studs, rod bolts...and on and on and on....Whoever decides to do this will have to REDESIGN the whole working motor, not just throw a longer stroke crank in it.
Once again...Toyota designed this for ECONOMY and this motor will not accept major power parts to get the HP up!
I hope you have an endless supply of money to do so, because it will take about the amount of the whole car, if not more, to get there. And thats IF you can get the parts!
GOOD LUCK WITH IT!
Old 11-27-2005, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

first off, most of the crap you mentioned I already have from previous projects...semi head job- bolts, springs, retainers, valve job, camshaft, sleeved bottom end, I have high 12.5:1 forged pistons from before when I was trying to put 20v ITB's on...all i need are rods and the pistons ($850) and the other stuff comes soon enough. Trial and error. If I blow the engine...woop ti do cuz I get em for $100-150 and that'll make it the 7th engine in my xB in 2 years that I've tried. Not from blowing them up (not all of them) but just having fun.

You're talking to the wrong guy about not knowing how to mess with the stock engine.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:07 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xrayted you are talking to the wrong person, hes right

just let this one die out because you're not going to beat joe on this one im afraid
Old 11-27-2005, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My reply wasn't targeted at saopaojoe. A couple of the sentences were replying to what he wrote, but not all of it. I didn't know that you (siopaojoe), had so much experience on these engines. I wasn't trying to call anyone out. I didn't mean anything by it.
But look at what you said...6 motors later? LOL. Like I said... to make an ECONO motor run AND LAST it's going to take some re-engineering. I applaud you for doing the R&D for the rest of us though.
Please don't take things so literal OR personal. This IS a public forum and I guess I'll have to either answer in PMs or use names from now on. Sorry all.

P.S. I'm not trying to BEAT anyone on any subject...
Old 11-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its all cool xrayted. joe does know his stuff though. hes done it and made the mistakes to prove what works and what doesnt.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I didn't mean anything by my posts.

I was just stating that these motors were designed for very low emissions and good fuel economy. I would LOVE to pump out some serious power out of mine, but I am underfunded and can only resort to old school hotrod techniques which won't work on these "high tech" ECU machines.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

hmmm this thread is a great read....curious to see what happens with this and Joe's project
Old 11-29-2005, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No fussing, if an engine blows, the engine blows. If your gunna spend 4k on something and have it blow, whats another $200 for a stock engine, time for swapping parts, and the knowledge learned to make it work the next time.

You don't just blow something and sell the car making it worth only half as much.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Any updates on these yet?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:29 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to bring this back up

i would like to know what he said ^^^
Old 07-05-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya is it done yet??
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Almost done ultimate emanage is wired up and the box is up and running, fuel pressure is set at 44 right now. no back fires or cels yet. Now time to head over to the dyno shop so my nitrous buddy's import racer computer tuner can dial in the setup and my nitrous guy set up the nitrous controller set up.

If for whatever reason the ultimate emanage starts throwing cels or resetting it self every few days. I will go with the AEM plug& play stand alone system and while Iam waiting for that I might as well pull the motor and change out the stock rods and pistons for the forged ones. Then I can bump my nitrous shot from 50 to 75 can you say 200whp, sweet. Hey It's only money right?

I just got off the phone with my friend Jason he said Eagle has a stroker kit in the works he will call me when it's ready for sale. He will call Eagle to find out any more info then call me back then I will update you guys. I think this is really going to happen.

Freddy
Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet!!!

like too see pics of the tranformation

i take it, it also has to be bored out a little bit too?.?.?.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Freddy
Almost done ultimate emanage is wired up and the box is up and running, fuel pressure is set at 44 right now. no back fires or cels yet. Now time to head over to the dyno shop so my nitrous buddy's import racer computer tuner can dial in the setup and my nitrous guy set up the nitrous controller set up.

If for whatever reason the ultimate emanage starts throwing cels or resetting it self every few days. I will go with the AEM plug& play stand alone system and while Iam waiting for that I might as well pull the motor and change out the stock rods and pistons for the forged ones. Then I can bump my nitrous shot from 50 to 75 can you say 200whp, sweet. Hey It's only money right?

I just got off the phone with my friend Jason he said Eagle has a stroker kit in the works he will call me when it's ready for sale. He will call Eagle to find out any more info then call me back then I will update you guys. I think this is really going to happen.

Freddy
stock rods are forged.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Eagle rotating assemblies

I was first thinking just change the pistons because they are cast. The rods are forged but Iam sure the Eagle h-beam are stronger plus you get grade 8 fasteners. ( the most stress of any motor the rod bolts ).Then if I change those two parts the weak point now is the thin walled block and crank.

So Iam going to wait for the Eagle rotating assemblies, plus it will be stroked alittle. The best part is that all the parts are matched to work together plus I only want to have to pull the motor once not two or three times save time and money in the end.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet was the same word that popped into my head. I want a flying brick :grin:

Quick Reply: 2.0 stroker kit