Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2.0 stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default just an idea......

just put a gsr motor in y not? if u gonna waste all dat money u might as well go with a more dependable motor with a wide array of parts not to mention would be alot more common and cheaper to get ... imagine an xb wit over 170hp with a lil 50 shot? that would be pretty neat. I love my box but do the math between a turbo nos and all these bs voltage cables and what not u will spend an avg of 4 to 8 grand easy!!! i dont know about u but i prefer to put that in a lil more power for a lil lesser price..
Old 07-12-2006, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default go fast in a ice cream truck?

To late Iam way to deep with this motor to change now, I didn't mean to but one thing lead to an other.
It all started with rims, tires, shocks, struts, springs strut tower brace and all the trd dealer stuff I bought then I thought I was done.
Next thing I found out about s/c, cai and nitrous so that's where Iam at.

I bought a scion x/b because it got good gas mileage, only 14 grand and plenty of room. I didn't think I could hotrod my box.
Who knew their would be this huge aftermarket of parts and poweradders for a 1.5 engine.

Freddy
Old 07-12-2006, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just read almost this whole novel about trying to make a 2.0 stroker kit. wow, I am almost too tired to post some pretty interesting information about one way it might be possible to acturally make a 2.0 stroker motor from this 1.5 liter. NOw this is coming from someone who builds and races Honda's and has built in the past everything from 1.5l single cam d15's to b20vtec stroker beasts. Along with chevy 350 to 388 stroker's.

Well here we go...

First you would have to seperate the head from the block and take measurments for the rotating assembly. (crank rotational clearance from block casting, deak hight for rod ratio, piston hight with selcted amount of valve relief, sleeve cut removal and install of bigger and possible solid deck sleeve if not solid deck already)

From hear measure the amount of cumbustion chamber relief meaning how much do the valves open, how much do they interact between the pistons and how much material will have to be removed to expand the chamber size with oversized sleeves and piston.

Then with all of this information calculated and and recorded, you will then be able to have a crank and rod made which will allow the motors overall displacment to be significantly increased.

Once a correct combination is made strong enough to withstand the stress levels that will go along with the motors crank offset, now you must have a deckplate made for the engine so the overall deck hight of the block is increased for the new rotating assembly of the bottom end. This will allow the motor to have enough piston to valve clearance and allow you to control compression of the engine.

now with all this said time to worry about the fastening of the engine. If you are going to be increasing cylinder pressure you will need to use appropriate fastners, you will have to also do this with installing the deck plate due to the higher torque needed to seal the deckplate and head gasket(s) more than one way to make a deckplate setup.
Machining of fastner location and solid bottom pinning would be a good ideal to prevent cracking of block, allowing the use of oversized fastners to relive stress applied to head studs and main caps. then have holes tapped for appropriate fastener tread.

The custom rods should utilize a bigger rod bolt diamater along with a stronger fastner.

The block should also be reinforced with a block guirdel to prevent the harmonics distortion from allowing the block casting to be volnerable to cracking and other stresses.

that is most of what would need to be done to make a 2.0 stroker. but that does not mean that the head will flow enough air, even if S/C, Turbocharged, and running nitrous. The cam profile will not neccesarily match what is needed to allow the cumbustion cycle to be preformed at the right time, for the right amount of time, and to allow the motor create enough airflow.

The head also will need to be ported to create a correct combination between flow and volume to fill the cylnders.

I know this is not comlete and I will read this over once again tomorrow and add part two but this will give the creator of this topic and everyone else some info in building this motor. but I am too tired and think I am forgeting how to spell.

I am not saying it is possible or not possible, with the funding it probably can be done, but trial and error along with dependability is also part of the R&D.

Forgot to mention engine managment.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Bigger bore and stroke

Originally Posted by Freddy
You can already do it with a Mitsubishi motor 1.5 to 2.0 , so you can do it. I will find out today for sure if any company sells it for the scion 1.5, by the way the new vette is a 5.7 punched out to 7.0 and 5.0 mustang can go to 5.9 liters.

Freddy

the largest a mustang with a stock 302 is 347 which is 5.7 you cant get any bigger with out useing 351 block which has a taller deck hight or a after market block i have had two 5.0 mustangs and still have one to this day
Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Charliehondamandrivinabox
I just read almost this whole novel about trying to make a 2.0 stroker kit. wow, I am almost too tired to post some pretty interesting information about one way it might be possible to acturally make a 2.0 stroker motor from this 1.5 liter. Along with chevy 350 to 388 stroker's.
its 350 to a 383 stroker off by 5 cubes

but close enough...
Old 07-12-2006, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eagle is working on this right now, the problem is stroking the crank and keeping the pistons inside the motor. I talked to Jason at stroker.com, the stroke will be more like 1.7 only a guess. The blocks deck height is not tall enuff to accept a large stroke. Then even if the crank clears the block and the pistons stay in the motor it will screw up the rod ratio. Anyway I want the rotating assembly for the matching forged parts and block sleeve very important. Eagle is a very good company they will figure this all out in their r&d so then I can just buy it and get it installed and add 25 more more juice.

I talked to my engine builder he said just port the roof on the head and intake as far as engine managment goes Greddy emanage ulitmate takes care of that. If I need to I will step up to AEM plug & play as soon as that hits the market.

Freddy
Old 07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you would have read my post you will see that if using a DECK PLATE will allow you to extend the deck hight of the block allowing you to stroke the motor. Deck plates are used in the honda world to make 2.4 l B20 Vtec motors. and 2.2l ls vtecs

Motors that would be a 2.0l and 1.8l I have also made 1.6l b16 to 2.1 but is had a huge deck plate and utilized an eagle grs stroker crank. so it can be done. if you have the cash to deck plate and you can make 2.0l just got to have the right stroke to rods and deck hight.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default stroker kit

I talked with Jason at stroker.com he said Eagle had nothing to say about it right now.
So when it comes out who knows, and how big the stroke anyones guess. The stroke is not the reason I want this kit . I want it for the block sleeve so I can have a nice home for those forged pistons and forged Eagle h- beam rods and of course a beefy forged crank. After that just add more juice and spin more boost!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: NYC,totfc

Nothing to be sorry about, Iam talking 12.2 with bfgoodrich g-force drag radials. As far as other people running 12 seconds in the quarter mile with a x/b. I never heard of any running that fast in person or seen anyone's time slip. If anyone has run that quick post your time slip on scionlife. A few people claim to run 13.2 but I never seen a time slip or watched them go down the track.

As far as power goes with the 2.0 stroker kit plus the 150 nitrous direct port and blitz s/c I will have about 273 at the wheels. Then again dyno numbers don't mean poop unless you never drag race your car then they mean everything. It's how fast you go at the track that counts. Don't worry about the driving I will be doing that since I have been drag racing for the last 20 years. Last car was a 79 stang notch running 10.56 in the top street class, 70 duster running 11.93 in mean street also a 73 charger running 12.92 in heavy class.

I talked with with a tech at mark williams enterprises the aftermarket axel is a waste of time even if they make them. I checked fidanza does not make them for the x/b. You do get a 30% sronger axel but the problem is you still get a stock cv joint you don't get the inner axel that connects to your lsd.

So even if you can get a aftermarket axel now you will break it off on the inner axel inside you lsd this is not good. I will kept the stock axel and go with my drag radials so I get some wheel spin and walk it easy out of the hole forget the slicks even if I did break a axel it will be on the outer axel or cv joint not the inner axel and mess up my trans and lsd.

Just buy another stock outer axel. I know that will cost me 2-3 tenths in the quarter mile but I don't like to drive home from the track with the tow truck driver.

You can get a custom axel can be made but your talking big bucks. to get both axels on each side of the cv joint I know honda has a full race inner axel and outer axel with a stronger cv joint. Only one problem I don't own a honda and that set up won't be that streetable.

I already have the US version blitz s/c with the piggyback ecu. As we speak Iam having one of the top import racers dialing in my nitrous express maximizer-2 controller.

If I need to step up my fuel pump and injectors and go to a stand alone system I will let my engine & nitrous guy make that call in January when I go to my stroker kit and bump up to a 150 hp shot of nitrous. Until then lots of ot and check out some interesting, funny, retarted feedback on the scionlife message board.

Freddy
racing sense you were 10 huh. it says your 30. You have been racing for 20 years unless your older than it says i donno.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No kidding. This thread has gone from a question about availability of a stroker kit to the same person quoting information about the kit. And the information he claimed to have was third hand knowledge. Even then the information was vague. We are sitting at 10 months later and the parts that were supposed to be available at the end of LAST YEAR are still nothing more than rumors on a single thread, on a single forum out on the internet. And all of this propagated by one poster. Errr... poser as the case may be.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
No kidding. This thread has gone from a question about availability of a stroker kit to the same person quoting information about the kit. And the information he claimed to have was third hand knowledge. Even then the information was vague. We are sitting at 10 months later and the parts that were supposed to be available at the end of LAST YEAR are still nothing more than rumors on a single thread, on a single forum out on the internet. And all of this propagated by one poster. Errr... poser as the case may be.
Agree'd. If you want to stroke the 1nz, your going custom. PERIOD. I mean, i said that in one post. And i dont think anyone has said that, especially the thread starter in the past year.

People suck.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: two dummies

Nothing is ever on time in the aftermarket? Rarely ever to never does a company say its going to come out then 8-10 months later it doesn't.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

This cleaned up. So make sure it stays on topic.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Eagle stroker

I have been looking into this for the last 10 months to see which or any company would be willing to make a kit. Let me say this once again. I talked to Jason at stroker.com he told me Eagle has one in the works. They started working on one in the spring of 06. So when it's ready for sale Jason will let me know. That's the lastest update so keep your pants on. If a stroker doesn't come out by the end of the year then I will go ahead and buy only rods and pistons. I did call Jason one more time and asked him to call Eagle to find out any info about the size of the stroke but they wouldn't say anything at this point. So untill then I will wait for Jason to give me the word end of story!

Freddy
NYC
Old 07-26-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Eagle stroker

I have been looking into this for the last 10 months to see which or any company would be willing to make a kit. Let me say this once again. I talked to Jason at stroker.com he told me Eagle has one in the works. They started working on one in the spring of 06. So when it's ready for sale Jason will let me know. That's the lastest update so keep your pants on. If a stroker doesn't come out by the end of the year then I will go ahead and buy only rods and pistons. I did call Jason one more time and asked him to call Eagle to find out any info about the size of the stroke but they wouldn't say anything at this point. So untill then I will wait for Jason to give me the word end of story!

Freddy
NYC
Its all he said she said, thats not proof or evidence of anything. Show us proof otherwise to me this thread is useless. Its been going on for 10 months and the only thing different from then to now is...Well, honestly can think of anything.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Freddy on 9/29/05
Can anyone tell me if the 2.0 stroker kit crank, rods, forged pistons for the scion xb really exist. If so where can I buy one.
Hey, good question. Anything we can do to build more power.

Originally Posted by Freddy on 9/29/05
Tomorrow I will find out from my local nitrous guy if he found the 2.0 stroker kit, he said he heard of it to. That's next on my list plus then I can go to a 75 or 100 shot of nos with forged rods and pistons plus more torque with that bigger crank. I hope the crank is steel so it can handle more nos, and some arp grade 8 bolts to keep things together.
Nice, finding some answers to your own questions. This should make it a lot easier on all of us.

Originally Posted by Freddy on 10/5/05
I talked to my engine builder and nos guy yesterday, the 2.0 stroker kit will be ready for sale at the end of year . Comes with forged pistons, forged rods, forged crank also arp bolts. The block gets sleeved and heli arc welded main caps with a stud griddle and will handle 150 shot of nos.
Excellent! A 2.0 liter stroker kit for our little motor is only 3 months out! Hmmm... how come you haven't told us who will be making the storker kit yet?

Originally Posted by Freddy on 11/23/05
Iam going to have a custom stroker crank made for my x/b. My engine guy has a company that will do it for cost. for a little r&d, I don't know how big of a stroke you can go with that 1.5 motor. I hope 2.0 or 1.8 it depends on the rod ratio and clearance in the block for the bigger crank.
Wait a minute. A month and a half ago you said a complete stroker kit was less than 3 months away. If that is true, why are you having a custom crank made?

Originally Posted by Freddy on 11/23/05
Iam having my heads ported just on the roof and the blitz s/c intake as well to help the flow without killing my bottom end torque. Of course I will have the block sleeved plus forged pistons and a custom set of forged steel rods.
So who are the forged rods and pistons coming from? Now I am getting confused. Are these being done by the first company coming out with the compete kit within a month? Or by the shop building your custom crank? Or are they, in fact, one in the same?

Originally Posted by Freddy on 11/25/05
Iam not going to say which company is making it. You guys will know when it hits the market for sale.
Why not? I am sure there are plenty of other people interested. I would love to be able to confirm this!

Originally Posted by Freddy on 11/25/05
The only reason I don't say who it is because it's my engine guys friend. I don't want any dummies calling up and wasting his time and annoying him on the phone.

Turns out that going to the shorter rod kills the gain in the stroke. I could try to stay with the stock size rods but that means the pin will be far up in the piston then you have a oil control problem.

Forget that, Iam going with the stock crank, aebs sleeved block, aebs ross forged pistons, aebs forged rods and bump my nitrous from 50 to 150. plus port the head and blitz s/c intake and make a ram air for my ame cold air intake, then dyno tune the set up.
Wait a minute. You JUST said that you couldn't tell us who was making your ultra-top secret crank because you didn't want "dummies" bugging them. Then you turn around and say that you aren't even going to run the crank because of issues that it would cause. So why not tell us who it was. The crank will never exist without you to R&D it anyway. Was AEBS the ones that were going to build the crank?

Originally Posted by Freddy on 11/26/05
Last post until my x/b is finished and out of the shop and running. Will have photos and timeslips so thats that.
I guess I can wait until you get your fully built, sleeved, forged internals, boosted and sprayed engine finished.

Originally Posted by Freddy on 7/6/06
Almost done ultimate emanage is wired up and the box is up and running, fuel pressure is set at 44 right now. no back fires or cels yet. Now time to head over to the dyno shop so my nitrous buddy's import racer computer tuner can dial in the setup and my nitrous guy set up the nitrous controller set up.

If for whatever reason the ultimate emanage starts throwing cels or resetting it self every few days. I will go with the AEM plug& play stand alone system and while Iam waiting for that I might as well pull the motor and change out the stock rods and pistons for the forged ones. Then I can bump my nitrous shot from 50 to 75 can you say 200whp, sweet. Hey It's only money right?

I just got off the phone with my friend Jason he said Eagle has a stroker kit in the works he will call me when it's ready for sale. He will call Eagle to find out any more info then call me back then I will update you guys. I think this is really going to happen.
Wait a minute. You said before that you were sleeving your block and installing forged rods and pistons for your build. Did you actually do that? And if so, why are you still looking into a Stroker kit from Eagle? And is this the company that you were so secretive about before? Or is this a completely different stroker kit? I guess I still believe you. I mean "Jason" did tell you about it over the phone.

Originally Posted by Freddy on 7/7/06
I was first thinking just change the pistons because they are cast. The rods are forged but Iam sure the Eagle h-beam are stronger plus you get grade 8 fasteners. ( the most stress of any motor the rod bolts ).Then if I change those two parts the weak point now is the thin walled block and crank.

So Iam going to wait for the Eagle rotating assemblies, plus it will be stroked alittle. The best part is that all the parts are matched to work together plus I only want to have to pull the motor once not two or three times save time and money in the end.
So you never did sleeve your block or add forged internals like you said you were going to? So now you are waiting for the Eagle stroker kit that no one else has ever heard of.

Originally Posted by Freddy on 7/12/06
Eagle is working on this right now, the problem is stroking the crank and keeping the pistons inside the motor. I talked to Jason at stroker.com, the stroke will be more like 1.7 only a guess. The blocks deck height is not tall enuff to accept a large stroke. Then even if the crank clears the block and the pistons stay in the motor it will screw up the rod ratio. Anyway I want the rotating assembly for the matching forged parts and block sleeve very important. Eagle is a very good company they will figure this all out in their r&d so then I can just buy it and get it installed and add 25 more more juice.

I talked to my engine builder he said just port the roof on the head and intake as far as engine managment goes Greddy emanage ulitmate takes care of that. If I need to I will step up to AEM plug & play as soon as that hits the market.
Is the same "Jason" as before? I must say, I am starting to lose faith. Especially with a b.s. site like http://www.stroker.com. I don't know about you but I wopuld have a hard time trusting or buying engine parts from a guy who's site has links to "BlackXXX", "Black Porno", Black Lesbians", and "___ ****". Not to mention the "Resources" links to "Absolutely Free ****" and "Black Personals".

Originally Posted by Freddy on 7/14/06
I talked with Jason at stroker.com he said Eagle had nothing to say about it right now.
So when it comes out who knows, and how big the stroke anyones guess. The stroke is not the reason I want this kit . I want it for the block sleeve so I can have a nice home for those forged pistons and forged Eagle h- beam rods and of course a beefy forged crank. After that just add more juice and spin more boost!
Nothing to say? Not even about "___ ****." I bet you were disappointed.

Originally Posted by Freddy on 7/26/06
And you wonder why people have lost faith in your posts. At least you'll have the links at "stroker.com" to keep you company.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh my god, RTon20s is one of the coolest guys here just for that post. I was thinking about going back through all his bs and doing what you did, but there was too much. I'd end up quoting everything.

Although, i lost faith in him before this thread was even started. I've read other post of his and the first one he posted i questioned what the hell he was talking about. This thread started and i was okay possibly something can happen, then after his 2nd or 3rd post i lost the little faith i had to begin with.

BTW RTon20, you didn't know that the adult film industry was breaking out into the automotive industry? They are also breaking out a branch that developes stuff for nasa such as a new mixture of fuel. Top secret file that was disclosed by the CIA teamed up with NASA. The file was later found and their cover up story started with "http://www.stroker.com", ironically enough, this top secret 2.0l stroke kit just so happens to be covered up by the exact same website. Do you think the CIA had something to do with this aswell? Hmm.

Insane...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RTon20 !!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion x/b stroker & AEM plug & play

Hey, Walter get a life. The site is strokerkits.com ask for Jason( 636- 946- 4747) and he will tell you Eagle has one for the x/b motor in the works. The other kit I thought I could get was from ABES but it turns our thats only for a tc so hope this clears this up for you. Just wait for my pics next month. Iam also waiting on a AEM plug & plug due out next month. If you don't believe me call your local AEM dealer price is 1500.00
Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion x/b stroker & AEM plug & play

Hey, Walter get a life. The site is strokerkits.com ask for Jason( 636- 946- 4747) and he will tell you Eagle has one for the x/b motor in the works. The other kit I thought I could get was from ABES but it turns our thats only for a tc so hope this clears this up for you. Just wait for my pics next month. Iam also waiting on a AEM plug & plug due out next month. If you don't believe me call your local AEM dealer price is 1500.00
So it went from stroker.com to strokerkits.com huh? I wonder if this aem plug and plug means you plug it into your car and plug the other end..well, i guess people can figure that out.

Quick Reply: 2.0 stroker kit