Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ATTN Strup Header owners/ potential buyers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Now thats some funny ____t to delete my post brianxb!!! I must have really got under your skin!! I am glade you got did the way you did!! Have a wonderful evening!!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by INSIDEOUT
Now thats some funny ____t to delete my post brianxb!!! I must have really got under your skin!! I am glade you got did the way you did!! Have a wonderful evening!!!!!
I didnt delete your posts, as I have already told you via PM. Now, you have broken yet another site rule, posting foul language.

And no, you did not get under my skin. Its thicker than most peoples tires.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you called to get this issue fixed with charlie??
Old 05-09-2006, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

nope. im going to cut some reliefs into the header or machine it flat on wednesday, then install it.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you should call to let him know. Maybe a quality control issue that they do not know about? You could save others from having the same problem.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Once you tighten down the header the flange will straighten out. Just start with the inner most bolts, then do the outside bolts.

And I honestly think you should give a company a chance to fix a perceived problem before you get online and potentially damage thier business. And that is exactly what you are doing, whether you intended to or not.
Especially since you are a mod.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sorry to here about your experiance with the header... I got mine when they frist started selling them and I checked it out myself and i could not find any flaws on it except when you install it on a 5spd you have to tie strap the shifter cable away from the header.. becuase it was resting on the header..

And trust me i was the guy in HAwaii to promote it here in HAwaii and If it wasnt any good i wouldnt have pushed the product in Hawaii.. I only sell top quality products.

If you want I can tell charlie to look into this issue you have so he can correct it.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Once you tighten down the header the flange will straighten out. Just start with the inner most bolts, then do the outside bolts.

And I honestly think you should give a company a chance to fix a perceived problem before you get online and potentially damage thier business. And that is exactly what you are doing, whether you intended to or not.
Especially since you are a mod.
Exactly!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im sure if you called strup they would have gave you a new one maybe it was just a Bad one out of a 100 headers...
Old 05-22-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Strup has an excellent reputation on ScionLife, and Charlie takes care of his customers. This one instance doesn't mean it's a regular occurence, and even if another flawed header is shipped, I'm sure Charlie will work it out if the issue is presented to him. Just check some of the other positive feedback for Strup in our forums!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I think you like to bash any non $1,xxx header. tril headers aren't cheap at all and their quality shouldnt be a standard to set against strup , dc , megan ,. obx , anyone.

the reason the megan tc header sucks/sucked was cause it tried to incorporate a catalytic converter. that was the problem. the xa/xb obviously do not incorporate that.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member

I just installed a strup header on friday and i had no problems at all. Took me about 45 min. Very happy with it.
Sorry to hear about oyur experience
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member

I do not usually write on these posts, but felt I needed to on this one. It is the 24th of May and I just found out about this problem.

1) For not trying to bash the product you would think you would handle your problem in a different way If you are not satisfied with your header, a call or email to the dealer or manufacturer would probably be your best bet to get a small problem like yours corrected. To fume for about a month on this seems like stress neither of us needs. We at Strup strive to put the best product out to our customers at the fairest price. Now I will say the flange is a little warped but there is not a flange out there that is not warped a little. You have spent more time complaining than any thing else. We will always make the customer first and satisfaction is what makes us different from any one else. We are totally commited to our customers, so just email us or pick up the phone, we will take care of you. If we do not, then tell your story. There is probably several hundred night mare stories about manufactures and dealers that do not take care of there customers. But we are not one of them. I apoligize for any inconvience we have caused. That Header sliped by and we are sorry. We are all human. But not for one moment do I not think it would pull tight and produce horsepower. We accept any constuctive critisim and any praise that our products produce. That is what makes this courtry and the world go around. It makes all of us better human beings.

Have a great day,

Thanks for all the helpful people out there and the wonderful things you have said about Strup Products. Those are the reasons I sleep very well at night.

Charlie Wenstrup
President
Strup Products
Old 05-25-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ And we thank you for such great products!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

the fuji loves STRUP. awesome parts. My certified mechanic installed my STRUP header and he said everything looked awesome. STRUP+FUJIZ= A+

yeiii

fujiz