Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

E.L.Prototypes Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tamago,

Building blocks will not be a problem. As for $1500.00, sorry dont think that going to cut it. The cost of the rods will be close to that alone. Its what has to be done to the rod after it is made that bumps up the price. From what we have so far, its going to be about $270.00 a rod (just a quote). Pistons, the only manufature that can make it correctly to our specs is J.E. High point will be $850.00 . The block gaurd is cheap, but correctly done requires sleeving. Then a 1.7 can happen. We will post the set up on the site. Hope this helps.

ELP
Old 01-13-2005, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you people ever considerid other turbo kits?

HKS TURBO KIT
Toyota
1NZ-FE (T25)

TRUST TURBO KIT
Toyota
1NZ-FE (TF035)

Questions for E.L.Prototypes:
-do you need fuel-cut?
-are the oil lines for the turbo is made to feed without any overfeeding or underfeeding?
-what kind of turbo is used exactly? did ELP made it? or from another car or company?
-well the flywheel hold such power claimed?
-what kind of clutch needed?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

flywheel can handle alot more but the stock clutch has a hard time with like 120 crank hp lol
Old 01-13-2005, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by asirvr4
did you people ever considerid other turbo kits?
Both of those are made for JDM bB's and will not work with the US ECU's...
Old 01-13-2005, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there anyway you could use a jdm bB ecu??
Old 01-13-2005, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

why is everyone looking for such high hp numbers? with numbers only slightly higher than what wthe blitz kit is putting out, a kick ___ suspension, and a lightweight wheel tire combo(and the other requisit parts, in generalizing here) and you have yourself a pretty quick little car, shes not gonna be a quarter mile killer, but thats not the only way to go fast. also, did you look at the engine and its output BEFORE you bought the car, if so, your complaining about a "garbage" engine now? and with all this hp you want, how fast do you think your gonna go with our gearing?

people need to step back and realize there is no magic pill for the this car. build the internals and slap on a huge turbo and you may be fast 10k later, or put that money down on a car thats meant to go fast and not have to worry about buying a new block every 2 months
Old 01-13-2005, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

eh well the engine is garbage but the look is killer so i guess it's a compromise , i think alot of us figured the motor capable of alot more is all.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
eh well the engine is garbage but the look is killer so i guess it's a compromise , i think alot of us figured the motor capable of alot more is all.
having too-high expectations from an all aluminum 1.5 liter doesn't make it garbage.. you just need to be more logical..
Old 01-13-2005, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah i guess. well maybe i really will be leaning towards the gts swap . either way pos. lol i love my car and i love modding . i just figured new car modding possibilities. oh well . if my ol bmw or supra had soo many aftermarket producst itd be soo much better i bet the gains on those would be huge in comparison. eh what should i expect i mean shoot i almost forgot it's frickin fwd too. lol but yeah and on the subject of all aluminum think ls6
Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,
asirvr4 wrote:

Questions for E.L.Prototypes:

-do you need fuel-cut?
No fuel cut. MAF will not produce a full 5 volts unless it fails 4.89 v is the highest seen.

-are the oil lines for the turbo is made to feed without any overfeeding or underfeeding?
we used -4an line. not drop in oil pressure at the block or head. turbo have been disassembled and it has not been oil starved.

-what kind of turbo is used exactly?
Switzer S1
-did ELP made it?
turbo kit yes in house, turbo from the UK
-or from another car or company?
no
-well the flywheel hold such power claimed?
flywheel yes
-what kind of clutch needed?
ACT Highest model available for 1nz

joe52985 wrote:
why is everyone looking for such high hp numbers?

Because a lot of owners want the most HP for there money. As a company we wanted to brovide that. Unfortunatly no data is available as to the failures of the engine. We took it upon ourselves to to push the envelope and provide that data. We have the makings of a good kit but requires some other goodies keep it together.

ELP[/b]
Old 01-14-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, that question really is relevant, why are people looking for huge hp gains? the bottom line is how fast is the car. power is nothing if you can't use it. i the xA with the prototype is running 14's. that's 2 sec off of stock. that aint bad at all.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

thats more than 2 secons stock is like 17.8
Old 02-01-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

when is the kit going to be released, and what is the prices and other crucial info like that.???
Old 02-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dajap
Is there anyway you could use a jdm bB ecu??

I think I may try the HKS kit for the bB and then run the Universal AEM EMS and give that a shot. Any with info on something like this?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

Sorry, there is no universal box from AEM. Thier box doesnt support late model toyotas off the shelf. We had to make complexed internal modifications at the component level to make it compatable. AEM does not support or warranty this mod. It is an ELP exclusive. This mod might be part of our turbo kit depending on demand.

ELP
Old 02-02-2005, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

We just realized we hit over 10,000 views on this thread. Thanks for the support Scion owners.

ELP
Old 02-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ELPrototypes
Hello,

Sorry, there is no universal box from AEM. Thier box doesnt support late model toyotas off the shelf. We had to make complexed internal modifications at the component level to make it compatable. AEM does not support or warranty this mod. It is an ELP exclusive. This mod might be part of our turbo kit depending on demand.

ELP
Actually AEM does offer a UNIVERSAL EMS. It was released at SEMA. I was there and saw it....

Stuart
Last Look Customs
Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

When I called AEM concerning this, they said no. The term universal box is used to loosely around there. It is a box with a plug that has all the available outputs their box can support, BUT you have to use all new sensors, igniters, coils, pick-ups, ect. New pick up wheels must be made to fit your engine also. They fail to mention that, and also fail to mention they will not support you over the phone if it is a none plug and play box because they dont know what YOUR doing with it. If the box is bad, they will fix it but thats it. We went down this road with them 8 months ago. I have customers here that have had boxes since they came out and were told those particular boxes were universal too. Guess what, wrong. They still have not been able to make them work.

Dont get us wrong, AEM's box is one of the best tools out there, but just doesnt work with your factory stuff. We decieded to take it one step further and mod the inside of the box. We are setting them up with the right internals to accept your factory sensors and making it a true plug and play. We will support our customers over the phone because WE know what YOUR doing with it. We will have the support files to do so.

If you want to give it a try, go for it. Were just trying to save you a big headache. We've been there done that already, thats why were doing what were doing now. good luck.

ELP
Old 02-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ELPrototypes
Hello,

When I called AEM concerning this, they said no. The term universal box is used to loosely around there. It is a box with a plug that has all the available outputs their box can support, BUT you have to use all new sensors, igniters, coils, pick-ups, ect. New pick up wheels must be made to fit your engine also. They fail to mention that, and also fail to mention they will not support you over the phone if it is a none plug and play box because they dont know what YOUR doing with it. If the box is bad, they will fix it but thats it. We went down this road with them 8 months ago. I have customers here that have had boxes since they came out and were told those particular boxes were universal too. Guess what, wrong. They still have not been able to make them work.

Dont get us wrong, AEM's box is one of the best tools out there, but just doesnt work with your factory stuff. We decieded to take it one step further and mod the inside of the box. We are setting them up with the right internals to accept your factory sensors and making it a true plug and play. We will support our customers over the phone because WE know what YOUR doing with it. We will have the support files to do so.

If you want to give it a try, go for it. Were just trying to save you a big headache. We've been there done that already, thats why were doing what were doing now. good luck.

ELP
I wasnt aware of that. Thanks for the clarification... I guess we can throw that idea in the crapper...
Old 02-06-2005, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

aem part# 30-0001 universal kit

Quick Reply: E.L.Prototypes Turbo Kit