Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

E.L.Prototypes Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by glamdrig2000
oh my god, all these new parts are making me drool when will you get your page fixed? cause i really wanna see all the new goodies
yeah when will it be up i wanna see too
as for the parts.. DAMN good job on the
upcoming and availible parts also what
compression(s) are the pistons
Old 03-11-2004, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im glad someone is doing something with scion's and keeping their word.

good job EL.
have pricing been esimated or established?
Old 03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The pistons at this time are made to order, so what ever comp. you want can be made accordingly. We are triing to come up with an off the shelf piston as soon as we find the right combo (i.e. 11.0:1 works good with stock computer an bolt ons, or 9.0:1 works well with the Blitz S/C and our turbo kit, stuff like that)

Pricing for the parts is pretty much established, only the turbo kit is pending.
We are triing to price the proper fuel management needed for the kit, no black boxes here.

I can tell you this, we have not dynoed yet because the kit has blown the clutch.
This should tell you the power levels we are starting to achive. Once the new clutch is in place, its off to the dyno with the new fuel management. We hope to keep the price competitive. Without management, these engines will go.

ELP
Old 03-12-2004, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ELPrototypes

I can tell you this, we have not dynoed yet because the kit has blown the clutch.
This should tell you the power levels we are starting to achive. Once the new clutch is in place, its off to the dyno with the new fuel management. We hope to keep the price competitive. Without management, these engines will go.

ELP
So we should probably do an aftermarket clutch when we do this?
Old 03-12-2004, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The pistons at this time are made to order, so what ever comp. you want can be made accordingly. We are triing to come up with an off the shelf piston as soon as we find the right combo (i.e. 11.0:1 works good with stock computer an bolt ons, or 9.0:1 works well with the Blitz S/C and our turbo kit, stuff like that)
ELP
i like the talk of pistons...hehehehehe...with turbo....hehehehe...cant wait...thanks EL....
Old 03-12-2004, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kwicslvr

ELP
So we should probably do an aftermarket clutch when we do this?
good question...EL?
Old 03-12-2004, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Clutch would be a good idea regardless of whos forced induction kit you purchase. We are working on the options now and should have several routes for Scion owners real soon.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if anyone is looking to get this kit, you will not have to worry about quality as e.l. makes good stuff.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is the pics of pauls turbo

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287458685
Old 03-13-2004, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will there be different kits for a front mount intercooler and non-intercooled?
Old 03-15-2004, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

I have an automatic, is a turbo going to eat trans. Is it possible to get a upgrade for my automatic to make it stand up to the turbo. :?:
Old 03-15-2004, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

There seems to be a lot of questions about the automatic. We have not tested it on the automatic yet. We will test once the manual is complete. If a problem arises with the automatic, we will find solutions to overcome the problem. We just have to go step by step. As far as fitment of the turbo system on an automatic, it will bolt up the same, only the compressor inlet tube will be different because of routing around the auto fill tube and kick down linkage. Hope this helps.]

ELP
Old 03-16-2004, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member

With more power for sure better brakes are in order... going to make anything?
Old 03-16-2004, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome, a turbo :twisted: i can't wait. i like this post you guys seem rather professional and somewhat intelligent ;) i'm stoked for a turbo, add me to whatever list of prospective customers you may have!

jon b.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

wooot, thanks for making plans for the automatic ppl. and is this compaiblibe with Xa and Xb? Since , I'm sharing this car with another person in my family , I'm only allowed to get a auto. 130hp (whp?) sounds very good and what will be included in this kid , if its been gone through already, I'm very sorry for askin it again.

Thanks,
Old 03-16-2004, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any more news on this thing. I'm about to dump money on the Blitz supercharger kit but I want to see what's up with this thing first. I rather have a turbo because it's easier to extract more power from it :twisted:
Old 03-16-2004, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Update on xA project

hello,

Here is the scoop. We ordered several different clutches for the vehical to see the differences between manufactures. We will be picking one tonight and installing it. Some manufactures came through with product, some did not. Heck, we even got the reply " why would you need a clutch for that? It cant make that much power."
Anyway, we have to get this in so we can get to the dyno. Fuel management is being tested now but the clutch is getting worse. We can say dont put forced induction through the stock muffler. It was causing surge issues for us. We replaced the muffler with a 2 1/2 inch magnaflo axil back and that took care of the problem.

ELP
Old 03-16-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Update on xA project

hello,

Here is the scoop. We ordered several different clutches for the vehical to see the differences between manufactures. We will be picking one tonight and installing it. Some manufactures came through with product, some did not. Heck, we even got the reply " why would you need a clutch for that? It cant make that much power."
Anyway, we have to get this in so we can get to the dyno. Fuel management is being tested now but the clutch is getting worse. We can say dont put forced induction through the stock muffler. It was causing surge issues for us. We replaced the muffler with a 2 1/2 inch magnaflo axil back and that took care of the problem.

ELP
My exhaust is done already. I have a Magnaflow cat-back on my car as of today. I want to make my purchase by the middle of next month. If your kit is finished and dynoed by then I think I'll go the turbo route. If it isn't I'll be getting the Blitz supercharger before my money burns a hole in my pockets :twisted: :twisted:
Old 03-24-2004, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default update

Hello All,

Just dropping a line on progress. We are still waiting to put the clutch in, we have been so busy at the shop that there has been no time. We are trying to schedule it in asap.
On the other hand, the management system is almost ready. So as soon as the clutch is done, its off to the dyno for completion.
Good news: we just got back some dyno results from on of our customers in Colorado. We installed the same turbo and management on his Tercel 4e-fte 1.3 liter that we are going to use in the 1nz kit.
This bottom end is stock and is as meak as 1nz bottom ends. Its copmression ratio is 8.2:1. Anyway, he put down 215hp and 197tq to the wheels with 1.3 bar of boost.
We will keep you updated.

ELP
Old 03-24-2004, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what was the output of the tercel before the turbo was installed. how much psi is 1.3 bar?

Quick Reply: E.L.Prototypes Turbo Kit