Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

E.L.Prototypes Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by ELPrototypes
We will take some pics of the kit installed. Sorry that we havent done that yet. We have been trying so hard to get it completed that pics were the last thing on our minds. We will take them today. We will not have a break down pic yet because we would have to disassenble the car. There is a link on image station of the car. We will find it and link it.
hope this "kit" doesn't go the way of all those corolla parts promised over the last 2 years that never "got out of production"
Old 03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

it's just over 18psi.

the 4efte can easily run 20psi on stock internals and it puts down 135-145hp

dude, you can't compare the two because which of us will be running 18psi to get 160hp. there is no way we could hold that with SO MANYmods in comparisson to the 1 or 2 mods the 4efte would need to hold that.

dyno the 1nzfe and then tell us what you get. don't give people high hopes with apples and oranges
Old 03-24-2004, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default product release section not flame section

OK......................

Lets start off with the Corolla question. Not quite sure which parts your refering to but lets give a reply.
Example:we have a few parts for corollas all years. We have headers for the 03 corolla.....everyone ask for them, we made them, we stock them, we have sold 3 of them since jan 03. headers for 92-97 corolla 1.6/1.8, sold 5 the whole time we have been in buisness. We have tested the waters on turbo kits but no takers. Corolla clubs have approched us with group buys and failed miserably buy ordering a large quantity of custom parts and not coming up with payment (everyone backs out last minute). The intakes are all anyone buys. At this time the corolla is not at the top of the list. Any further questions about this, pm us, lets not waist this boards time.

As far as the 4e is concerned, we were only showing the potential of the turbo and the engine management not the 4e. We know they are not the same engine nor did we imply it was. Just fyi; I, the owner, have been building 4e/5e combos since 1992, and the 2e/3e combos since 1987. I feel confident enough to say what I said about the bottom end strengths. I also own an EP82.

So now that this has been said, if you wish to pm us, great. As for what this thread was originally about, we will continue the updates. We will continue answering questions about the turbo kit and its posibilities. If the board does not want us to do this, pm us and we will just finish the kit and tell you its ready.

Thank You,
Eric Lapka
E.L. Prototypes
Old 03-24-2004, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by CivicEater
hope this "kit" doesn't go the way of all those corolla parts promised over the last 2 years that never "got out of production"
hey Eric, dont take this guys smart ___ remark as coming from all of us.. i for one really appreciate all the testing and updates you are doing for us, im sure you have spent a lot of time and money on this project and it is a lot more then anybody else has bothered to do for the us.
I have been watchin this thread since it started and have noticed how quick you are to respond with as many answers as you could to help us all out and keep us notified. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. I know you have some potential buyers, i hope you actually sell some kits if they do go into production.

good luck,
Old 03-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

So far you have been a great guy in keeping everyone updated on your progress and I congradulate you on that. All I was saying was that if you put the same turbo and management on a celica for instance and put down 250hp, how are we suppose to compare that to our cars? The only way to compare the horsepower would be if you put it on an echo, not your friends fixed up tercel.

thanx for the info on the 4efte because I was thinkin on duin that swap into a paseo myself and i was only hoping for 180hp.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello again,

Well here are some specs if really want to compare.
the figures will be in millimeters. Bore X Stroke.

4e = 74 x 77.4 1331cc
5e = 74 x 87 1456cc
1nz = 75 x 84.7 1497cc

4e has high volumetrics due to high rev capabilities but needed a turbo version to get torque.
5e has lower volumetrics due to its stroke, but provides good torque.
1nz has the best of both, high volumetrics (VVT-i)and more displacement.
The stroke is in between the two keeping the best rod ratio for its narrow block and offset crankshaft.

These engines are close to the same displacement and volumetrics, the 1nz being the higher of the three.
FYI, We wouldnt use that turbo on a Celica, it would be too small.

ELP
Old 03-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Ya, I know it is crazy small, that's y I sed "for instance," as in comparing apples and oranges. I actually just ordered a used stock supra turbo for my 4efte project off the supra forums. i would like however to come by your shop and discuss some options. I live like 3 streets away.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

come on by. Be happy to help.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd be happy to help update your site, I've been dying to see the full list of options... I don't want to go forced induction but your parts would be seriously interesting to me for reinforcing the engine. Give us updates when you can, they are much welcomed!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member

Any updates so far?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello Everyone,

The clutch is in. We were surprised that the stock clutch didnt look bad. It had spun because it had some hot spots. The clamping pressure was very weak and could not handle the torque. We were running 6psi before the clutch install. Now that we have the the new clutch in, we have 8psi . We will begin the dyno sesion this week to finalize the EFI. The car is off on a road trip to Santa Barabra for a car show so the clutch should be broke in by the time it gets back.

ELP
Old 04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

me likee turbo me likee turbo....woohoo
Old 04-12-2004, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello Everyone,

The clutch is in. We were surprised that the stock clutch didnt look bad. It had spun because it had some hot spots. The clamping pressure was very weak and could not handle the torque. We were running 6psi before the clutch install. Now that we have the the new clutch in, we have 8psi . We will begin the dyno sesion this week to finalize the EFI. The car is off on a road trip to Santa Barabra for a car show so the clutch should be broke in by the time it gets back.

ELP
I can't wait to see the results. I need something cheaper than my Nitrous :D
Old 04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wikked seems like we should be hearign dyno results soon. i appreciate all your time spent giving us info! :twisted:
Old 04-14-2004, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello Everyone,

ELP
hey E!!! I guess you have 2 1NZ-fe vehicles .... LOL, I want to turbo but I love my gas mileage... SO I guess I'm going to dump a couple grand on my suspension... I'll be stopping by Wednesday night to show you the Tein suspension drop... So Paulie can possibly get it.... But, when we gonna put the 2zz in ???LOL
Old 04-14-2004, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wraith
I want to turbo but I love my gas mileage...
this is my dilema im not sure whether to go super or not
yes super cause i have an auto
Old 04-14-2004, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HotBox
LOL... dude, I'm getting 450 to 500 miles to a tank with my Echo... And with the Gas prices now, I'm really happy I have my echo...
Old 04-14-2004, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HotBox
LOL... dude, I'm getting 450 to 500 miles to a tank with my Echo... And with the Gas prices now, I'm really happy I have my echo...
Old 04-14-2004, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mind doing to my xb what you did you your echo shyt if you do that then ill definitly rebuild the motor and go turbo in an auto
Old 04-14-2004, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

EFI tuning is been done before were off to the dyno. If all goes well we will have numbers by the weekend.

ELP

Quick Reply: E.L.Prototypes Turbo Kit