Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Ebay's DC-S Headers (PIX Added)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok here are some flix of the dc-s headers from ebay........ i will take more flix once we start the install from start to completetion if i can and i will also try to have a vid as well.....but yea back to da flix haha

Old 03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^^^That is the header i have. It works fine been using it for about 3 months and still no issues to date. Works perfect, rumbles nice and really frees up the exhaust very well. I dont have any base of comparison, but i can tell you for $60.00 its well worth it.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome, seems worth 60.00 for sure...
Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

mine are supposed to show up today, I can't wait!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the welds don't look that great. at least not compared to the other xB headers i've seen.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I got mine, the welds are'nt perfect, but no one is going to see the welds anyway. Other than that it looks good and came with both gaskets. I may install tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

b4 u install well if you read this b4 u install i think you should go to auto zone and or somewhere to get longer bolts along with some nuts for the spring bolts because the holes are to big on the header.....it was a pain in the aZz for me but i eventually got it but evertything else was a breeze but then again i knew what i was doin this time unlike when i installed my Alpha Werks Headers.......but as for welds i let my dad inspect them because he knows his welds and he says there pretty much fine aside from where the tubes come together because of how it is welded it may leak but all in all he said it was a pretty decent header for 60 bucks and stainless steal too.........i will post flix of the headers on my cousins RS2 Xa as soon as i upload them
Old 03-05-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dugzillaxb
I ordered headers off of ebay yesterday, for $60 I won't be dissapointed if they are not perfect, as long as they work.
They won't work.. that is they won't do any good.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by McBain
Originally Posted by dugzillaxb
I ordered headers off of ebay yesterday, for $60 I won't be dissapointed if they are not perfect, as long as they work.
They won't work.. that is they won't do any good.
How do you figure they won't work?
Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here are the rest of the vids and sorry i dont have any vids since i had to do the install myself and all no one to take vids, but yea here is the finished results

hoped i help those that need the help and provided the information that your lookin for

ok for my next installment of parts will b how to put in a pulley for those who are lookin to put in a pulley haha but yea i'll make a DIY'er puller install guide for everyone....it will b as detailed as i can put it without confusing anyone

as far as peformance gains goes for the header i will try to get it dynoed at the next test and tune date at the track
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha from the looks of things in the flix i think i may have left a wrench on the headers where the spring bolts are......now i wonder if it's still there and if not o well haha could always get a new one....but if you dont wanna buy a new bolt for the spring bolts you could go to auto zone and buy the nuts for em...the size is M10-1.25 and have fun puttin it in because it was a pain for me haha
Old 03-09-2006, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member

I have one too, and actually the welds are really good, they might not look the best, but thats because they are done by hand, a professional welder will tell you the same thing.

it really helped out my echo, it gave me more torque and the engine likes to rev over 4000 now, my fuel economy wen't up too.

the only thing i don't like is the lack of a lower anchor point, all the stress is placed on the studs for the exhaust on the cylender head. having to find nuts for the stock bolts was a pain, but nothing that can't be delt with.

another thing i found out is the stock stainles steel gasket is resusable, so theres no need to use the one supplied, one thing i do recommend is get a new lower donught gasket from toyota because its almost impossible to switch it without damaging it and the one they supply is useless.

for the money you really can't go wrong, i'm sure the higher quality aftermaket units make more power, but its probably a differance of 1HP.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
the welds don't look that great. at least not compared to the other xB headers i've seen.
dude, it's $60. give it a break.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so far the headers seem to be working great on the RS2 XA no problems so far