Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

EL Prototypes Header Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Hey psycho, how bout a pic of yours installed?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm going to ask a silly question so everyone please be patient. With the headers installed will there be any probs. with smog? and what about gas mileage is it better or worse?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good question I was wondering if this had CARB pending on it like so many other performance mods. Also, how much did you pay to get it installed and where; or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself how difficult was it? Thanks!

Al.Truistic
aB

Originally Posted by XTRMGMR
I'm going to ask a silly question so everyone please be patient. With the headers installed will there be any probs. with smog? and what about gas mileage is it better or worse?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:53 PM

the DC had a piece of paper saying," This is a JDM parts and that they are not responsible for you not passing emissions tests." I am not quite sure whats really gonna happen, but hell I am just gonna install my heat sheild and I know they won;t look anyway. I am still gonna buy one.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the people at the smog shop never bugged me about all the crap i did to the civic....they are pretty stupid around here....or there is always the 150bucks and your reg to the smog shop your buddy owns and magic happens and your papers come back saying passed!
but anyway if u had the headers on and u went to smog it.....the only place you would fail is the visual....but i highly doubt they would give u grief about it....they would run it and if it passed collect their money$$$ and send you on your way....
Old 04-20-2004, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey there Stylis! So, has your opinion changed about the CARB approval (or lack thereof) for a SC or turbo or is it cuz headers are easier to put on and take off than full blown SC or turbo? Would that heat shield you would be installing be for the exhaust? Just wondering.... :D

Al.Truistic
aB

Originally Posted by Stylis
the DC had a piece of paper saying," This is a JDM parts and that they are not responsible for you not passing emissions tests." I am not quite sure whats really gonna happen, but hell I am just gonna install my heat sheild and I know they won;t look anyway. I am still gonna buy one.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The EL piece looks really nice...

Although the flange is really inconsistant. Take a look at each runner, they arent a perfect circle in diameter. I think thats why the DC one is a little bit more. They pride themselves on there CNC flanges and it shows.

Anyways, I'd like to see the dyno charts to see how much bottom end loss there is if any and how much usable gain there is.

Stylis >> Its a differenty type of ceramic coating. EL looks very similar to HOT JET. Not quite sure what process DC uses. Either way they both work.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dam, have they run out already? when would the next batch be or would it be better to email them. 8)
I talked to Erik today and they had 2 left on this batch I think, and he's got another one on order. I would give them a call to verify.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
Hey psycho, how bout a pic of yours installed?
My strut bar is in the way so its hard for me to take pics of it, i'll try to get some tonight though
Old 04-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

where you there today? i was there from 2-3
Old 04-20-2004, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I passed by after work, so around 5:15ish
Old 04-20-2004, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Al.Truistic
Hey there Stylis! So, has your opinion changed about the CARB approval (or lack thereof) for a SC or turbo or is it cuz headers are easier to put on and take off than full blown SC or turbo? Would that heat shield you would be installing be for the exhaust? Just wondering.... :D

Al.Truistic
aB

I was going to install the stock heat shield on the hedder when I get it, that way if the smog tech looks at it, at least it will look close to stock! :D