Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Exedy vs Clutchmasters

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Exedy vs Clutchmasters

hi, i go on leave from iraq in about 2 months, when i do i will be installing a greddy s/c on my box. i am trying to decide which clutch to go with, the exedy stage one or the clutchmasters stage one. if any one has any experience or opinions on either of these two clutches i would appreciate it. thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so is stage one just like replacing the stock clutch, but is made of better material?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

in a way. it is made out of better materials that will engage better. it also includes a stronger pressure plate with a greater clamping force to keep the clutch from slipping under loads. especially with the increased torque of a s/c and with the stock clutch being so wimpy this will in turn give you a better clutch pedal feel, you will actually be able to tell when the clutch disengages when you push the pedal in. definitly makes teh driving experience for pleasurable. the only thing to decided, is which one to go with...... maybe spec?
Old 02-16-2007, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just put a Exedy Stage 1 in my box. It's a bit stiffer (pedal pressure) than the stock and as previously mentioned you can definitly feel when the clutch disengages. I don't know how hard you drove your car before with the stock clutch but quite frankly IT SUCKS!! ever try to run through the gears hard that stock clutch just slips and slips. A stage 1 has concerderable more clamp load and no slipping. Now I've heard that a stage 1 is ok for a S/C but I think most guys are running stage 2's with a boosted box. Do a search and some research. And look I'll tell you one thing for the most part wether you get Exedy, Spec, or Clutchmasters, they're all gonna get the job done well.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks a lot for your input. ive done a lot of searching and reading on this site and have found that while several people share what they have on their car, no one really gives a comprehensive review of the product. i am probably going to go with a spec stage 2. i just need to hurry up and buy it before i change my mind. thanks again for your input on the exedy, a week ago thats the one i was going to go with, i change my mind a million times until i finally buy something. itll be a couple more weeks before i buy my clutch if anyone else would like to make a review of their clutch it would be appreciated.