Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

First 4e-fte transplant LIVES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

more liek nice car insanely rich guy. lol. must be nice. .... ah damned caifornia smog. we will never get good cars here.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

what u talking about..pauls here in socal just like me...f**k smog refs..u dont have to worry about that if u know the "ins n outs" anyhow good job on finally finishing the swap eric. the car runs very nice from what paul tells me..wonder how itll do in a xb =P
Old 10-28-2005, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

oh yeah btw,paul isnt loaded rich or anything he works hard for his $..he just shows a lot of incentive for companies to invest product on his ride.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

hmm..... considering .. well nm i'll shut up and think my own thoughts...

smog refs yeah. until u get pulled over for whatever anda cop does what? sends u to a smog ref.. then yer screwed. no motor older than the production year of your vehicle is legal. and never will it be legal in cali. if you know all these ins-n-outs share them elp will get alot more business if everyone knew how to keel their illegally swapped car on the streets. or to get their illegal car illegally passed and certified. i'd do it next month i'll have the cash. but no way in hell will i drop upwards of 1 grand for a very illegal mod let alone around 3 grand. same goes for turbo and supercharger.

if there is a way where i wont get raped by cops and smog refs PLEASE share. i'm sure aVAST majority of ca driven cars and their owners will LOVE you for it...

the xb only weighs like 35 pounds more than an xa so it should run the same..... now if we can get this legal elp will sell thousands of swap kits..... just in cali..... let alone all the lucky non cali ****'s who can and will start buying them now ..

all i know is i dont have the luxury of running dealer plates not requiring me to smog nor do i have the luxury of a show only car.... if i had either of those again i would buy the kit as a nice **** christmas present to myself.

oh another thing . jdm motors do not have egr so unless u could modify an egr valve and piping off of maybe a random 5ef or 4ef if theyd even be feasible it again would not be legal...

that's a major problem with smoggability on sr20 swapped 240s they never make a egr and bam ... to think all those sr20 swaps could be legal.... damn japan not using smog control devices.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the xb only weighs like 35 pounds more than an xa so it should run the same..... now if we can get this legal elp will sell thousands of swap kits..... just in cali..... let alone all the lucky non cali ****'s who can and will start buying them now ..
yep, that'd be me

-jon
Old 10-28-2005, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sweet....Now what about crash protection?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Want to pass smog? Go to a ghetto smog cert place and slip the guy a $100 bill. As long as you can pass the sniffer, he will proably look the other way on the year of the engine.

Legal Statement: By no means do I endorse anyone breaking the law - for any reason. Do not construe my comments as an actual suggestion.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

if youve been to socal theres a million s13 and s14's running around w/ sr's and not gettin in trouble w/ state..same goes for the hondas. your making it out to be a bigger problem than it is...most of all my friends that do track racing have some kind of jdm motor in their daily driven car and havent seen any problems w/ the law except the routine exhaust ticket.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Very cool, glad to see it coming out. Can't wait to see pics and reviews of it in an xB
Old 10-28-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Old 11-30-2005, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Old 12-01-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05

smog refs yeah. until u get pulled over for whatever anda cop does what? sends u to a smog ref.. then yer screwed. no motor older than the production year of your vehicle is legal. and never will it be legal in cali. if you know all these ins-n-outs share them elp will get alot more business if everyone knew how to keel their illegally swapped car on the streets. or to get their illegal car illegally passed and certified. i'd do it next month i'll have the cash. but no way in hell will i drop upwards of 1 grand for a very illegal mod let alone around 3 grand. same goes for turbo and supercharger.

if there is a way where i wont get raped by cops and smog refs PLEASE share. i'm sure aVAST majority of ca driven cars and their owners will LOVE you for it...

all i know is i dont have the luxury of running dealer plates not requiring me to smog nor do i have the luxury of a show only car.... if i had either of those again i would buy the kit as a nice **** christmas present to myself.

oh another thing . jdm motors do not have egr so unless u could modify an egr valve and piping off of maybe a random 5ef or 4ef if theyd even be feasible it again would not be legal...

that's a major problem with smoggability on sr20 swapped 240s they never make a egr and bam ... to think all those sr20 swaps could be legal.... damn japan not using smog control devices.
Do like most of the people in DFW do with illegal engine set up's, set up an address in Oregon and get your plates from there or can the Cali po po's sniff test cars from out of state.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

BTW I am in line when it comes out
Old 12-01-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh yeah buff the cover
Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwa276
yep, that'd be me

-jon
and me. my lex has a jdm 3vz-fe with an egr valve plug just hanging loose. it amazingly passed smog.

Originally Posted by whatmovesu
Do like most of the people in DFW do with illegal engine set up's, set up an address in Oregon and get your plates from there or can the Cali po po's sniff test cars from out of state.
or go car shopping in Oregon . My family owns a previa all-trac (non-supercharged) that was never sold in California due to smog emissions (we live in Cali obviously). the previous owner bought the van from oregon and it was later sold to us through some toyota dealership in san fransisco. every time we get the van smogged, we would get some kind of government rebate for the smog because it wont pass or whatnot and it would say that we were "exempt for the smog test" but we had to test it anywaiz (don't ask. i don't have much clue). well anywaiz, the main point was that the previa is ultimately exempt because we had a non-CA vehicle.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by whatmovesu

well apart from it beign illegal i would need to have a bill or two there and go to their dmv in person. and seeing as i have no way of getting a bill there... hmm. in a few small areas of country cali there is still no smog. either way peopleneed to kill whoever makes cali carb laws... lame!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am very curious about the trac control and vsc....is that a definite loss?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by uberscionofglendale
i am very curious about the trac control and vsc....is that a definite loss?
I would hafta say thats a yes...I dont see how you could possibly be able to keep that stuff with the swap...I wonder if the airbags even still work but Im not experienced in this field of the 1nz swaps
Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

Good Job!

If one realy wants it! One can always find a way around something.

You have to look at the pro's and con's.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

smog refs yeah. until u get pulled over for whatever anda cop does what? .....

Ahhhh but I live in sunny Miami Florida..... smog what?

I wants it... we must have its....

please post the price on the kit

thanks

Quick Reply: First 4e-fte transplant LIVES!!!!