Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Greddy's E-Manage system

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Greddy's E-Manage system

Has anyone heard of this fuel management system? what does it do? would it provide more proformance? anyone? thanks...
Old 12-17-2003, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do piggyback systems work on a car?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics.htm#eManage
Old 12-17-2003, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i know how the system works...is a piggyback bad for the engine? or anyother component?
Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a waste of money...until you have enough power where you need to be preticular about your air fuel settings and ratios......dont invest in it....unless your generating outrageous power right now......Apex-i's S-afc will be just fine right now if you want alittle tuning
Old 12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its an investment if you are running forced induction or n/a vehicles.....its a programable ecu that will allow you to change fuel and air ratios as well as spark....its handy to have...
Old 12-17-2003, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is a nice unit and will help if running forced induction or a all motor setup. it is not for the weekend warrior though. it will be cheaper to run a piggy back since the next option is a standalone.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of guys are using this system more and more these days. I have an Apexi VAFC on my S2000 which is very similar to this unit except the E manage has the added bonus of controlling timing as well.

This unit alone will add more power to your car than probably any other mod out there combined!!! (except FI)

You must remember though that it is not a plug and play type instrument. This needs to installed and tuned by a tuner who knows what the F he is doing. Your car must be closely monitored to make sure the A/F ratios stay within spec and you dont run the risk of detonation.

You would be surprised how much power my s2000 made just by pulling fuel out. Im sure this car is the same. IMO, with intake, header, full exhaust including mid pipe and one of these piggy back systems (E manage or SAFC) you should be able to get 15-20 horses to the wheels.

If your in cali and need a good tuner, let me know. Shawn from Church Racing is by far the best and most knowledgable.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default emanage

emanage is a good piggyback computer system for the price. Cant beat 400 bucks haha. Anyhow, for moderatly tuned vehicles this is perfect, and for high performance vehicles go with a full standalone. My friends current project Sentra is running 400WHP with an emanage right now and runs great =)

Mike
Old 12-21-2003, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: emanage

Originally Posted by quadoptix
emanage is a good piggyback computer system for the price. Cant beat 400 bucks haha. Anyhow, for moderatly tuned vehicles this is perfect, and for high performance vehicles go with a full standalone. My friends current project Sentra is running 400WHP with an emanage right now and runs great =)

Mike
because its cheaper than a motec and he can't run anything else. :lol:
Old 12-22-2003, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default uhh okay...

did u even read my post? emanage is fine for mild tuned vehicles..400 hp sr is a MILD tuned vehicle. If he was going to go crazy, he could get a standalone, and afford it, so dont judge on people. 400 hp was the goal and he hit it. Its a FWD car and anymore power than that is almost useless for a streetcar.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: uhh okay...

did u even read my post? emanage is fine for mild tuned vehicles..400 hp sr is a MILD tuned vehicle. If he was going to go crazy, he could get a standalone, and afford it, so dont judge on people. 400 hp was the goal and he hit it. Its a FWD car and anymore power than that is almost useless for a streetcar.
Sure did.

Why do you need to get crazy to get a stand alone? Most people don't get a stand alone because they lack the knowledge to either use or tune the car or don't have the resources to do either.

I'm not judging anyone, that's your opinion. If your friend likes the E-Manage go for it. You are just building excuses in your project.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Docofmind
A lot of guys are using this system more and more these days. I have an Apexi VAFC on my S2000 which is very similar to this unit except the E manage has the added bonus of controlling timing as well.

This unit alone will add more power to your car than probably any other mod out there combined!!! (except FI)

You must remember though that it is not a plug and play type instrument. This needs to installed and tuned by a tuner who knows what the F he is doing. Your car must be closely monitored to make sure the A/F ratios stay within spec and you dont run the risk of detonation.

You would be surprised how much power my s2000 made just by pulling fuel out. Im sure this car is the same. IMO, with intake, header, full exhaust including mid pipe and one of these piggy back systems (E manage or SAFC) you should be able to get 15-20 horses to the wheels.

If your in cali and need a good tuner, let me know. Shawn from Church Racing is by far the best and most knowledgable.
Shawn is very knowledgable with S2000's. Saying he is the best tuner by far is not a true statement especially in SoCal.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

e-manage is the best thing for the money. it's roughly around the same price as a apex'i afc but does way more. also if you go turbo it can link to the profec eo1 for boost control. cool thing about the profec/emanage combo is that you can use the profec to program with out a laptop. the 2 link together via usb cable. and the profec eo1 comes with a lcd screen & remote to monitor everything your doing.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default Re: uhh okay...

Originally Posted by SoCalbBox
Sure did.

Why do you need to get crazy to get a stand alone? Most people don't get a stand alone because they lack the knowledge to either use or tune the car or don't have the resources to do either.

I'm not judging anyone, that's your opinion. If your friend likes the E-Manage go for it. You are just building excuses in your project.

he does know how to build and tune cars. He looks at each motor build up on case by case basis. He does a lot of motor swaps and engine builds and Yes hes ran stand alones before, but this particular case it doesnt need it. It's a sentra and only doing 400 hp, in this case its not needed. If he was going to build a 2jz, rb26, 13B, or anything that is high power, then yes he would run a standalone and yes he does know how to tune it. And no he's not building excuses in his project whatever that meant. I see you point in liking standalones, but i dont think you see the point of my responses. 400 Hp in a SR didnt require an extreme amount of tuning. The car has been ran on the dyno and tuned with the emanage and it runs great with no problems whatsoever. the car teddy from maverick motorsports built (axis mr-s) was pushing 400 hp on a 2zz motor w/o a standalone and it ran fine. he was driving it daily for a while too. never had a problem, so look at it on a case by case basis not a "oh hes turboing it gotta get standalone". I admit standalones r the shiet, but its not needed if its not called for