Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Which header/exhaust/intake should i go with?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Strup header/exhaust combo and a K&N Typhoon.
yes...stick with strup
Old 05-03-2005, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's another quick question....which is lighter? stainless steel or the ceramic coated? might be a retarted question....but i really don't know. i have the DC ceramic coated header on my xA, and i know that the exhaust manifold was lighter than the DC header. was just wondering. oh, and the other thing is that it seems i can get a DC header for almost 90 dollars cheaper than the strup. come on man, i need to be talked into this
Old 05-03-2005, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by hotbox05
and 1.20 or so in hardware is worth the 100+ dollar savings in price.
What the heck? No it isn't, thats a waste of my time to go to the hardware store and buy the right parts and I charge 75 and hour. So with in one hour of my time that 75 bucks. Forget that, I will go with the DC over all. I don;t think wieght is a big issuse here, since we are not doing any racing with this thing.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I'll be swapping out my DC Header for a Strup soon enuff. Gotta represent! Just like Jeff!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Stylis
and 1.20 or so in hardware is worth the 100+ dollar savings in price.
What the heck? No it isn't, thats a waste of my time to go to the hardware store and buy the right parts and I charge 75 and hour. So with in one hour of my time that 75 bucks. Forget that, I will go with the DC over all. I don;t think wieght is a big issuse here, since we are not doing any racing with this thing.
eh the hardware store is 2 minutes from my house. and I only charge 35 an hour , lol.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
I'll be swapping out my DC Header for a Strup soon enuff. Gotta represent! Just like Jeff!
You won't regret it Brad.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uberscionofglendale
here's another quick question....which is lighter? stainless steel or the ceramic coated? might be a retarted question....but i really don't know. i have the DC ceramic coated header on my xA, and i know that the exhaust manifold was lighter than the DC header. was just wondering. oh, and the other thing is that it seems i can get a DC header for almost 90 dollars cheaper than the strup. come on man, i need to be talked into this
?? thanks guys haha
Old 05-09-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damnit, I just wanna know whats wrong with the Borla Exhaust.
Aren't they a good company?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Strup gets my vote! I love their headers and exhaust ... Looks awsome, performs great and is not obnoxiously loud! AND They are VERY reasonably priced!
With DC you are mainly paying for the name ... Thats whats so good about Strup, its a quality product with awsome performance and killer looks and you don't have to pay for the name ...

For intake I would go with either the Injen or K&N ...
Old 05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've only done a bit of research so far, but it seems i can get the DC for cheaper than the strup.....sorry don't know exacts, but i think i found the DC ceramic for about 240 or so, and the strup piece for around 300. which is why i asked the above question. i'm trying to justify paying more for the strup piece.....
Old 05-09-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

only diff is stainless steel which is better but 60.00 better? well between 240 and 300 i'd spend the extra 60. but you can get the same thing by like 5 other brands in stainless steel for ALOT cheaper. say what people will but the megan is stainless and virtually the same in every way with no fitment problems at all and cost me about 130 shipped.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Megan are all cheap knock offs ... My firend has the Megan exhust on his Mazda 3 and it fits like crap ... its dosen't line up with the hole in the bumper and sticks out way too far ... He sister got the Megan exhaust for here V6 Accord and she has the same problems ... it fits like crap ... Why do you think it cost 130 for their headers ... They are cheap crap ... you get what you pay for ... You willl never have fitment problems with HKS or Apex-i or Blitz ... you get what you pay for ... The Strup stuff fits like a glove ... Perfect fit with not mods ... Bolt up and go!

The strup headers look awsome and also perform awsome ... You will get 100 different opions on which header to get ... I have the Strup and from expierence I can tell you that the Strup headers are made EXTREMLY well and look amazing. I know you will not be unhappy with the Strup headers!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i was talking megan header. i think u will support any overpriced exact same crap that strup sells so i'm done. and hgks and blitz is way better than strup so theyre worth the price . nm i'm done. oh and if u didnt see what i just posted i gave the better buy to the strup over the dc. so be happy.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Personally, I don't support stuff I don't believe in. I just sent back everything a sponsor sent me and cancelled their sponsorship because I didn't like the quality of their stuff.
But, I will support Strup because I believe in their product.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

And Im telling you that the Megan stuff is crap ... I just gave 2 examples where the Megan product does not fit right and im sure if I look and ask around I can find more ... I have never heard from anyone on here that the Strup headers or exhaust do not fit ... All the Strup products fit your car perfect ... Just bot it on ... Why would you buy a product that needs to be adjusted or modded to fit? You get what you pay for ... Megan is cheap becasue they don't always fit right and the quality sucks ... Strup fits perfect and has amazing quality ... Id rather spend more money on something that I know is gonna fit and I know is gonna last!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i was talking megan header. i think u will support any overpriced exact same crap that strup sells so i'm done. and hgks and blitz is way better than strup so theyre worth the price . nm i'm done. oh and if u didnt see what i just posted i gave the better buy to the strup over the dc. so be happy.

i don't support over priced junk. The strup pieces are quality. regarding Blitz and HKS...name brand. If anything alot of thier stuff is just OK. Whoever makes their coilovers did a decent job but to say they are the shiznit is a misconception. There are very few companies out there that can put together a line of products. It gets to the point they are just having stuff made to "carry" more in their line. They do a good job with quality control but you can't group all of thier stuff as the best because they are not. Strup sells a few things... headers and exhausts. They don't make blowoff valves waistgates, tower bars, coilovers just to say they make it all. Don't believe in one company...its a big mistake.

There is no difference in what i just wrote then someone who buys all Sony or Pioneer etc. Yeah...they look nice together and maybe their CD player or their DVD player is bad ___...but unless you pick and choose piece by piece..your buying one good thing and getting just ok stuff with that one good piece.

Hands down the strup stuff tops anything out there right now for what your buying and the price your paying. No question. I specifically carry the strup, gtspec braces and progress auto stuff for a reason...great bang for bucks yet quality. The new stuff i'm going to carry is going to follow that same direction...not one brand shopping.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I know for a fact Blitz sound like crap. We had a sound off this weekend between Blitz and Strup. It was laughable, the Blitz sounds like a fartcan.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

all i'm going to say is i'm sorry if i've come off as a jerk but i'm just giving my honest opinion.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

we are all sorta friends...no hard feelings on either side
Old 05-10-2005, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member