Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

i know people hate WEAPON-R but check this out.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default i know people hate WEAPON-R but check this out.

some people here hate WEAPON-R (maybe all) but i thought this was something worth looking into

http://www.weapon-r.com/throttlerotor.html is there another company that makes them for the scion?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

when it comes down to something like a throttle rotor, what is the difference if weapon R makes it, or if greddy makes it?

it's not going to help make your scion faster though. i'm almost 100% positive. but get one and prove me wrong.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no it won't make it faster, as in horse power, but it should do what it says lower the throttle responce by 50%( maybe not 50%, but it should lower it) i am just asking if another company makes it . i plan on getting one, i saw a segment on HI-rev tuners on the speed channel the other day and they added something to the throttle body to make it respond quicker. when i get one i will tell you all the results. i just don't like weapon-r they are shady.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's wrong with the responce now? The tiny differnce it does makes, is not going to make you run through the gears faster. Use your hard earned money on something that MAKES power... then once you've feel like you have enough power, figure out how to make use of it... for example...putting the power down etc..etc...
Old 01-07-2004, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If that's what I think it is, I personally wouldn't mess with it. Isn't there the possibility that it will get stuck and make it inpossible to decelerate or something? I mean you could pop it out of gear and stop that way... but you know what I mean.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

o.k. all is noted, but why do people but 2000lbs(exagerated) of audio and video in there car and a intake and race up and down the streetthink they have a hot rod? because they want to!! i will get this item because i want to get it, and if by chance it does not help ,or i just do not like what it does i will take it off it cost a measly $45.00 < i will waste 1000 times more$$ on stuff that i bought and decide that i like another item better. everyone does it, that is why we have a classified section (look at it ,people are selling scions they just got to get another scion that is better) like i said before i will post the results when i get it . IS THERE ANOTHER COMPANY THAT MAKES THESE????? some one with an I.Q. please answer the question i have asked it three times now . do i need to ask again?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

before you post "yes ask again " IS THERE ANOTHER COMPANY THAT MAKES THIS ITEM?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SPAWN
some one with an I.Q. please answer the question i have asked it three times now . do i need to ask again?
wow way to make friends on the board!

i think your mind is already made up and you simply want someone to agree with you. since in your other column you mentioned that your getting an automatic i doesn't seem like throttle response is what your interested in. plus if you dont like people that race up and down the street like they are awesome why would you buy something that only people like that would buy?

very contradictory
Old 01-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

but why do people but 2000lbs(exagerated) of audio and video in there car and a intake and race up and down the streetthink they have a hot rod?
That is totally my setup. Y are you attacking me? j/k
There are universal kits from cheapie companies all over the place. I have seen those in shops near my house. And we don't really need faster throttle response, I enjoy what we have
Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like buying stupid stuff, but once again you did not answer my question, and as far as the automatic thing- that is why i want it, quicker throttle response = quicker take off , I heard somewhere (hmm maybe this forum) that the auto had lost throttle responce compared to the manual. just looking into it for the automatic guys, because i am not afraid to put something on my ride . and test it out. key word "TEST" but if no one wants to answer my question please lock this topic or delete it, no one here wants to help, they just want to flame the poster. whatever i will find out the hard way. thanks for not helping.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

uh........ok
Old 01-08-2004, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoa....calm down there Spawn. Not everyone gets a chance to read these threads right away.

Anyway to answer your question......there are other companies that make this part and as Showpao said it's pretty much generic.

Sorry but I don't know the name of the company, but then again you didn't ask.

As for buying stupid stuff for your car.....to each his own. It's just too bad you didn't have a manual then I would suggest getting a lighter fly wheel not a throttle rotor to quicken response.

Anyway good luck and hope you post your little hook up when you have it done
Old 01-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

UNIVERSAL=scion
Old 01-08-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

umm.....yeah......umm......right........umm.......hey...uh...Spawn....the wizard called....your appointment is tomorrow.......

Doc
Old 01-08-2004, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm...doesn't seem like it would do much for an auto or a stick car. i can push my foot to the floor faster than you can blink your eye...can it get any faster than that? :?
Old 01-08-2004, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

maybee if you invented a device that could make a bubble in the space time continium (spelling?) that would allow you to press down your foot in the blink of an eye, out side of space time so that before you could even THINK of accelerating you would be doing so. then youd mashin it and bouncin off the rev limiter so fast it would be INSANE.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionic

I didn't ASK?? it is amazing that other people on this forum are asking vague questions and get the answers they want, but I have to be 100% specific with the question I ask . yea....ummm. nevermind this thread is pointless it is a flame thread moderator or admin close the thread this is my last post for this thread
Old 01-08-2004, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Scionic

I didn't ASK?? it is amazing that other people on this forum are asking vague questions and get the answers they want, but I have to be 100% specific with the question I ask . yea....ummm. nevermind this thread is pointless it is a flame thread moderator or admin close the thread this is my last post for this thread
Nah, you can post another time, its cool....

Doc
Old 01-08-2004, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dude your not being flamed. but your attitude is a little unforgiving. kind of reminiscent of this posthttps://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4170

eric gave you the best answer possible without being negative.nobody on here has done it so you do it and report back.and prove him wrong. there is ALOT of VERY experienced people on this board. none of them doing this mod points to a logical conclusion. that this is risky crap.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, seriously was I right when I said this?

If that's what I think it is, I personally wouldn't mess with it. Isn't there the possibility that it will get stuck and make it inpossible to decelerate or something? I mean you could pop it out of gear and stop that way... but you know what I mean.

And yeah, I mean couldnt you just punch your foot down fast and have the same effect?

Quick Reply: i know people hate WEAPON-R but check this out.