Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

It's about Time some comes up with this Swap..

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

cops are probably smarter up there than they are down here.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will the 6spd fit? Pretty sure you're gonna have to bang out the d/s part of the frame to get clearance. You don't need a lot... just a little. What about engine management? Why use a JDM ECU? Why not go standalone? AEM or F-CON V Pro? That is the go to system in Japan for most swapped cars.

If you are able to complete the swap that would be awesome and you would win our praise, though I believe you won't. Too much work involved and this swap will create a lot of loose ends...

Prove me wrong.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

san diego has the most "street racing" / ca vehicle code smart cops in teh entire country. most so cal and nor cal departments are taking san diego's program and implementing it as their own.

in the state of ca all a police needs to be able to legally have you open your hood is a suspicion that you have any illegal parts that may be used for the purpose of street racing.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kustom_play
clue me in, which car did it come in FWD?

im sitting here and i cant think of any
I think it also came in the corolla fx16 little hatch car ...lots of power...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 20v motor never made it across the Pacific to our shores...
Motor in question:

A special 4A-GE was produced from 1991 through 1998 to replace the 16 valve 4A-GE. It was a naturally-aspirated engine with an additional intake valve for each cylinder, making it one of the first production 5-valve engines in history. These generation engines also featured quad throttle bodies. The engine can be recognized by its silver or black top. This was the last of the 4A family to be produced. Toyota VVT was used for 160–165 hp (123–127 kW) at 7800 rpm and 120 ft·lbf (162 N·m) at 5600 rpm, quite impressive for a naturally-aspirated 1.6 L engine. Note that although VVT was present in the silver top and the black top 4A-GE, VVT-i was not available.

Some Racing team participating in the Group A of the JGTC, using either the AE101, AE86 or AE82 corollas, used modified silvertop versions of the engine, capable of approximately 240 Horsepowers at 11,000 RPM. The AE86 was particuraly popular, being able to beat cars with bigger engine such as the Nissan Skyline.

Applications:

* 1992 Toyota Corolla Levin, Sprinter Trueno AE101 (silver-top) All GT models (GT Apex GT-V etc)
* 1995 Toyota Corolla Levin, Sprinter Trueno AE111 (black-top) All BZ models (BZG, BZR, BZV etc)
Old 04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Romanova
Will the 6spd fit? Pretty sure you're gonna have to bang out the d/s part of the frame to get clearance. You don't need a lot... just a little. What about engine management? Why use a JDM ECU? Why not go standalone? AEM or F-CON V Pro? That is the go to system in Japan for most swapped cars.

If you are able to complete the swap that would be awesome and you would win our praise, though I believe you won't. Too much work involved and this swap will create a lot of loose ends...

Prove me wrong.
not too much of cutting but almost any swap is gonna need to cut something somewhere.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by Romanova

Prove me wrong.
not too much of cutting but almost any swap is gonna need to cut something somewhere.
I've got an Option2 here where they swap a 6spd into a Vitz and they show the area that needs to be massaged in order to clear the 6spd. Just like swapping in a VR6 into a MK2 VW... you have to massage the passenger side. Same thing with a 20v into a AE86... you have to massage the firewall.

FYI massage = hit with large hammer....
Old 04-20-2007, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

massaging is fun. i've done it many a time to many a car.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the 4ag can in FWD form in the ae82 fx16 gts, ae92 gts, ae101 and ae111. In all 16V forms and 20V forms. I have owned around 5-6 fx16's and still own an ae92 which is FWD It is my daily driver. The ae86 corolla gts was the rear drive car. Basically a truck with a car chassis which is why it drifts so well *LOL* Nice cars and I love the look of them.

3sge engine is a great engine but pig heavy. 22r is not my choice at all even though I have used them and built a few.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Bah, do not cut the firewall, get rid of the dizzy and use EDIS or other standalone. Looks hacked cutting the firewall for a dizzy.

Heck at any given time I usually have 1-2 16v 7ribs in the garage and usually a blacktop or two. Silvertops are worthless to me unless your planning on a low boost stock internal toy as they have mucho stronger rods. BT is superior in every other way. Here was a BT in my old storage, you can spy a high comp behind it *LOL* 4ag's used to be my life. Still are in some form or another.

Here is a bt that was just sold to a local...

A high comp on the stand...

A high comp motor built for a local... he liked the red anv blue... found it a little odd myself but what he wanted!

Here is a pic of one of my old toys... it was a hella modified ae101 gze powered fx16 gts. At 2K pounds wet and around 190whp / 175tq she was a very fun toy So many mods it was insane. I am looking for another fx16 right now for a very special motor I have. my old fx16 below was pretty much thrown together on a budget but ended up being a rocket. I use the hella modified gze with a short ratio c-56 out of a blacktop with helical LSD. Had the late model sc12 supercharger with cusco 14 psi pulley with cusco bypass, and all HKS top end.

Here is one of my ae92...

My little shop with an ae86 I was building...

Here is somthing rare you guys will appriciate... it is the full blacktop engine manual hehe...

http://www.sl-i.net/JEREMYS/FX16/BLACKTOP/MANUAL/

Bah sorry guys for the flood of pics, man I LOVE 4ag's.. My fav motor ever built in all forms...

[/img]