Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

MOTOR FX xA w/ ITBs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DYNO CHART! DYNO CHART! DYNO CHART! lol lets see that chart man! lol I wanna see the power curve with these! oh btw how loud is the intake noise with this? I wonder because even with intake on the stock 1nz its not loud....
Old 05-06-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump for dyno charts!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im gonna guess that if one hasnt been posted by now, your not gonna see any charts
Old 05-07-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just really wanna see charts cuz im really intrested! lol
Old 05-07-2007, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no charts, im sellin my car and we never got a chance to dyno tune it... sorry
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does the xa with the itbs feel faster then a supercharged xa? and as for a sencer what kind of sencer were you guys using? not a maf im guessing?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned
SL Member

sounds fishy to me lol
Old 05-07-2007, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Motor-FX
no charts, im sellin my car and we never got a chance to dyno tune it... sorry
did you have to initally tune them individually?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So are they going to sponsor another xA or drop the project?? I do not think there is a chance in hell they can sell this to for an xA if there is not Dyno.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the car is on a TEC 2 stand alon ecu and not a MAF sensor

i had the blitz supercharger on my xA before this, i took it off to run the ITB's so my butt dyno says it is faster than the S/C, remember the dyno numbers on the Blitz S/C was only 40whp

there will be NO sponsorships for this item, so you are telling me if you can get it for free you will rock it with out dyno numbers, but since there are no dyno numbers you wouldnt purchase it? that sounds fishy to me

and as far as sounding fishy, the car has been seen by the public numerous times, and won a lot of show trophies, the car runs fine, just no dyno figures because thats just on paper, the car perfroms better tuned on the street...my initial plan was NOT to sell this kit cus i kno there will be alot of skeptics, but so many people wanted to buy it, now that i have kits for sale, noone has purchased a single one

im so over this SCION scene, everyone wants Ferrari type products for $12000 cars, and noone can really afford it, so annoying, and that is why im moving on and sellin my xA

my contact info is on my sig if you are truely interested on my high quality products, if not then dont waste my time

thanx and good luck to you all
Old 05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Motor-FX
the car is on a TEC 2 stand alon ecu and not a MAF sensor

Blitz S/C was only 40whp

there will be NO sponsorships for this item, so you are telling me if you can get it for free you will rock it with out dyno numbers, but since there are no dyno numbers you wouldnt purchase it? that sounds fishy to me
Ok the ITB rates some one said was about 35hp? You say it's better. Ok, we will just take your word for it since there is nothing in writing to show results at all

And I am surprised to took what I said so personally as to hint at me being fishy Allot of us here are not mechanics nor professional racers or performance shops so you need to be a bit more understanding of our (my) ignorance if I have it.

I am not stupid though and some one who asks questions on a product is a good consumer. Too many BS "Guaranteed" aftermarket products out there that I have gotten that don't work or need twice as much money to install.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't read all 8 pages, but IMO there is NO WAY any ITB setup will give more power than a supercharger.

Not even close.

-Pete
Old 05-08-2007, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

those remarks are not just towards you but generally speaking, just so sick of people asking for sponsoships all day, and no results come from it..at all

PEAK HP on a dyno is completely different from HP felt when driving especially if the power band provided by the ITB is more consistent than a supercharger, sure a S/C will make 10 more HP but at 6500rpm, 500rpm before the car would have to shift

unlike a 30HP gain from a ITB that will last from 4000-6000rpm range

like i said there is NO dyno numbers here and wont probably have any til someone else steps up to the plate and is willing to venture into the project, since i am selling my car and so over with the SCION scene

and that is why i am selling a mechanical parts kit for $1000 = which is what you would spend on a good intake, header and exhaust system...if anyone here even took the time and money to do that..hahahaha

anyway take it how u want it, the item is there, its available and it works
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned
SL Member

so you are selling a BUTT DYNO'd ITB setup?

and you are ____ed that no one is buying?

man up and dyno the freakin car dude, it's like 30 bucks. if you can't sell the product, but you refuse to prove that it works, you have the problem, NOT the scion community.

customer service owns you
Old 05-09-2007, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can do that, if i still had the ITB set up on my car. like i said im not against dyno ing the car, but i did remov it so its someone elses turn to try it out, at this point i already did all the RnD for the ITB's its not that bad to expect someone else to dyno it

and this isnt the only instance im talkin about, the entire community is cheap in general, but its not any of your faults, if a car cost &16k i wont put another $16k of mods on it...simple economics, even if i had a dyno that says the ITB makes 40whp from 4000-6000rpm very few of you will purchase it for $4k

period...and dont say anything else otherwise cus I KNOW that is how it is
Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to be honest, i'll give you the credit where it's deserved. You came out with something no one constructed or run on an xa ( xb ) before..
But when it comes to selling something that not a lot of people truly know about and the only thing they rely on is dyno numbers...
You are not going to sell a thing...because you don't have anything to back it up with. ITB's generally don't make a lot of power and when they do - theres a lot of money involved. - Which people will NOT pay without proof of product.
But congrates on the setup..it was def cool.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
Scionetics
SL Member

so here is a quick question I know your xA had a stand alone on it....... what did you do with it? if your getting rid of the project did you take the management out to..... only reason I'm asking is because I'm seriously thinking about purchasing one of these I just don't know where I would find a stand alone for the xA.... I hope to have the money for at least the basic mechanical kit by the end of the year... if not sooner.. need to finish my stereo system first
Old 05-10-2007, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by comedykills
so here is a quick question I know your xA had a stand alone on it....... what did you do with it? if your getting rid of the project did you take the management out to..... only reason I'm asking is because I'm seriously thinking about purchasing one of these I just don't know where I would find a stand alone for the xA.... I hope to have the money for at least the basic mechanical kit by the end of the year... if not sooner.. need to finish my stereo system first
i have the stand alone complete ready to plug into your xA, and i am willing to sell it

DYNO charts for this particular item would be different than what most will get or do, just because i am running on a stand alone and results may vary from the different types of engine managements you guys decide to use

and u pretty much answered the question an ITB set up that works will cost a lot of money...money that MOST Scion owners would not venture into

just to be honest with you all, if u did the exact same setup i did on my car to your xA, it will run you in the $4K area maybe more, but as seen on many different race cars, ITB's does work in more ways than horsepower

- u also get increased throttle response...this will NOT be seen on any type of dyno sheet
- unbeleivable sound, also something a dyno can not prove
- and it looks awesome, another prespective a dyno will not see

but its been proven time after time ITB's work
and dyno numbers will vary because everyones setup can be different

my baseline guess is about 30HP from 4-6k rpm

but its up to you to see what a set up can do for your car, thats why i sell JUST the mechanical kit, its up to you all to set it up for peak HP, broad powerband, or just for show

thanx
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned
SL Member

explain how your 1NZE was prepped to rev to 7500 rpm please.. because i find that highly improbable (coming from experience, threw a rod at around 4500rpm)
Old 05-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by fluxmr2spyder
yes to address the rev issues we raised my redline to 7500, all motor the car screams on the top end, and keep in mind i have an auto trans, manual trans is much easier and is prolly considerably faster
sorry, should have used this in above post

Quick Reply: MOTOR FX xA w/ ITBs