Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

PE300 Supercharger installed....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default PE300 Supercharger installed....

I just got my Power Enterprise PE300 supercharger last Thursday. All I can say is if you have the money, buy it. It makes the xB so much fun to drive. We spent about seven hours Friday evening putting it on at my friends shop. The instuctions are basically Japanese with a slight English translation. I had a few questions during my install and PE USA was very helpful. They even over nighted me a chrome emblem , decals and a catalog Saturday delivery for free. I would like to than Glenn , also another PE300 owner for answering a few questions for me. The ride home was a blast. There is an onramp that by the end of it I'm doing 70 mph to merge into traffic. Well not so tonight. I hit 70mph half way down the ramp and was crusing in fifth by the time I got on the highway.
The only othe mod engine wise that I have done is to install a full Cat Back exhaust. PE said stay with my stock header or I will be up around 11 pounds of boost and will need to upgrade my fuel system.
I got a chance to hit a local 1/8 drag strip Sunday at a car show. My best time was a 10.625 @ 66.56. First time dragging a straight drive. My Dakota R/T with a 360 in itonly comes with an auto. JR got a few good pictures of our xBs at the show and some good race shots of two boxs going at it. At the track my girlfried said after the first bracket race I won was " You just had to beat that Honda didn't you". :D She has a Honda Civic. But I have her hooked on a new TC. You should have seen the looks on peoples faces at the show yesterday when they saw it. My girl said they were saying "He's gonna race that?"
I am heading to Turbo Tune today to get a few pulls in. I will post my results when I get them. Here is a shot of the charger from PEs USA website. I will try to get my pics up as soon as I can.

Matchbox :D
Old 08-02-2004, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hell yeah, sounds like you had fun with your new toy!
Keep us updated on the progress you make with it, and other mods that you make to the Xb.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nds cool. i would like to see some pics of the install process if you have any. thanks.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nds cool. i would like to see some pics of the install process if you have any. where did you order your sc from? how much was it ? just curious, thanks.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default PE300

I have about three pics of the install. I thought of it at the last minute. I was kind of tired putting it on. Had worked third the night before at the hospital.
The most work involved is rebuilding the fuel pump with a higher flow pump and a fuel pressure regulator. They add a vaccum line to feed more fuel as the engine needs it. If I decide to go up in pounds I will have to upgrade the injectors. The AFCs all push the stock ones at 100% duty cycle. And they will eventually burn out. The performance of the SC is great . It pulls hard all the way from about 3000 rpms to redline. First and second are gone kinda quick. Lets just say there are a few Hondas that are now not just saying WTF is that. Their girls are saying you just got beat by that cute little box.
As far as price and where from. Remember a used PE300 on Ebay that ended without the reserve being met? Well it was restarted with a lower one and I made him an offer I couldn't refuse. Got it for $1610 over nighted to NC from Cali. Ther retail for around $3000. I think I have seen a new one here on the forum for aroud $2600. Mine had only been on his xB for two weeks when he traded it in on a Lancer Evo.

Matchbox
Old 08-02-2004, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: PE300

Originally Posted by matchbox
I have about three pics of the install. I thought of it at the last minute. I was kind of tired putting it on. Had worked third the night before at the hospital.
The most work involved is rebuilding the fuel pump with a higher flow pump and a fuel pressure regulator. They add a vaccum line to feed more fuel as the engine needs it. If I decide to go up in pounds I will have to upgrade the injectors. The AFCs all push the stock ones at 100% duty cycle. And they will eventually burn out. The performance of the SC is great . It pulls hard all the way from about 3000 rpms to redline. First and second are gone kinda quick. Lets just say there are a few Hondas that are now not just saying WTF is that. Their girls are saying you just got beat by that cute little box.
As far as price and where from. Remember a used PE300 on Ebay that ended without the reserve being met? Well it was restarted with a lower one and I made him an offer I couldn't refuse. Got it for $1610 over nighted to NC from Cali. Ther retail for around $3000. I think I have seen a new one here on the forum for aroud $2600. Mine had only been on his xB for two weeks when he traded it in on a Lancer Evo.

Matchbox
Yea, he offered it to me for cheap first... I was the high bidder when the auction closed lol -- I picked up a turbo kit before he got back to me on a price... he just said "cheap".

Great kit, I did research on it. But, the header won't change your boost... The header will just help you extract more power... how much, don't know...
Old 08-02-2004, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default PE300 Pics

Here are a couple of pics I did take during the install.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: PE300 Pics

Here are a couple of pics I did take during the install.

props to your good work. Looks tight!!!

Now, get at improving those times... having trouble launching from the looks of it? 10.6 in the 1/8th comes out to be about a 16.5 with an N/A car in the 1/4... probably a 16 flat for a S/C... Im saying you can get a 15.5 no prob. Just keep at it.

Im looking forward to seeing under 10 sec 1/8ths ;)
Old 08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet.............Very Sweet
Old 08-02-2004, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very cool. I bet your times on the 1/4 would be better then you expect because you are running a centrifugal sc. Boost builds exponentially in the upper half of the power band w/ centrifugal sc. So, I would think that 1/8 times will be lower then with a roots or screw type sc, but your 1/4 mile times relative to your 1/8 would be a more profound increase.

I'm also wonder if opening up the exhaust too much is a good idea with a centrifugal sc as we don't have a lot of low end torque to spare on our boxes and the PE sc will not deliver on the low end. Perhaps this is another reason PE says not to swap the stock header?

Anyway, the system looks dope and I bet you are having a blast with it. Keep us informed on how it goes. Any plans to add new plugs etc? What octane fuel are you going w/?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're definately right on that I'd say... 65 is just after the begining of 3rd, probably still building boost when he hit the 1/8th....
Old 08-03-2004, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default PE300

As far as plus you have to run a NGK #6 or #7 rated plug. I am burning Amaco premium. Out here BP now sells Amaco. At the track I was playing with the traction control. I had better times off the line with the traction turned on. I am also use to dragging and auto trans.

Matchbox
Old 08-03-2004, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as plus you have to run a NGK #6 or #7 rated plug. I am burning Amaco premium. Out here BP now sells Amaco. At the track I was playing with the traction control. I had better times off the line with the traction turned on. I am alos use to dragging and auto trans.

Matchbox
Don't use that traction control ____... keep working @ your launch. The traction control cuts power when it spins... not good. You can get better if you keep trying...
Old 08-03-2004, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: PE300 Pics

There is no problem adding a header. It will actually help to increase air flow and it will drop boost a little allowing your engine to also run a little cooler.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As far as plus you have to run a NGK #6 or #7 rated plug. I am burning Amaco premium. Out here BP now sells Amaco. At the track I was playing with the traction control. I had better times off the line with the traction turned on. I am also use to dragging and auto trans.

Matchbox
That is tight!!! I am interested in the PE SC too. do have auto or manual transmission? Cuz, I heard the Blitz SC for auto transmission has problems. So I was leaning for PE since I already know the company's rep.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heard the Blitz SC for auto transmission has problems
What type of problems?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Hey post a 0-60 video. In a couple of days once my dad gets back with our scion will make a few runs 0-60 with our turbo kit! Have fun being force fed!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Minsk99
heard the Blitz SC for auto transmission has problems
What type of problems?
It didn't state the exact problem, but go to the forum concerning need an xB to install the PE SC.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default tranny

I have a 5 speed and the PE300 works great with it. Boost comes in really well in 2nd. First winds up to quick. Sorry reply took so long.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what was your 60 ft on that run?

Quick Reply: PE300 Supercharger installed....