Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Precision Muffler Axleback and header?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Precision Muffler Axleback and header?

I have the gen2 axleback from precisionmuffler.com, I'm looking into a new header right now and I remember that precision muffler said that if i wanted to add a header it would be well advised to get the auto axleback instead of the manual one. well at the time I wasnt looking into headers but now...well my question is, does anybody have the manual axlebacks from stylis with a set of headers? be it megan, strup or DC. and when does it just make it louder with the same tone or make it RICEY angry bee/lawnmower loud...it it's just louder, than thats cool, if i cant take it i'll just buy a universal silencer of some sort, but if it's ricey loud thheennn....
Old 09-28-2005, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I have the same question.....
Old 09-28-2005, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tippy top, stylis could you answer this one?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that would be sweet if there was a P.M. header )
Old 09-28-2005, 04:07 PM

well, our research has found that the manual axle back is at the legal rate of 95db and adding anything else to it will raise that DB. Meaning that it will be louder, this is really something that is up to you to decide. You may love the sound after the header and you may not. We have gotten a lot of that back and forth prefrences for a while now.

Thats why we ask if you are going to add a header later on and suggest the auto axle back if you do. This is really a decision and risk you have to take on your own.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Well then what does the Auto axle back sound like on a Manual without a header?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

I'm running duel Stylis axil backs with a DC header and it sounds sick!! deep and low!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EVILDAVE
I'm running duel Stylis axil backs with a DC header and it sounds sick!! deep and low!
haha hey gabe i think you should rename them to "Stylis axil backs " sounds alot better, lol

dave i still think them dualies are super hot, too bad im too broke to afford that, :/ i start a new job tomorrow though :D

hey gabe one more thing, stylis axil backs lines with fiberglass? i had fat muffler in my lanos and i did the old school watering trick to break up to glass to make it louder, wonder if it would work on these
Old 09-28-2005, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Daewootech
hey gabe one more thing, stylis axil backs lines with fiberglass? i had fat muffler in my lanos and i did the old school watering trick to break up to glass to make it louder, wonder if it would work on these

I don't recomend it, but yeah that will destroy the material inside the muffler to make it louder.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yo gabe, my cat back setup was 97 db....yeah I got a ticket but f it....daniel and I are coming up on the 23rd.....do you have a header for me? and by the way I need to have you reinstall my magnaflow....I'm thinking 100 db....ha, ha, ha!...Let me know? ok?
Old 10-05-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just ordered my precision muffler (axleback) for the auto xB, and it should get here thursday or friday so I'll get it on quick. Then it's time for an intake or headers! I'm stoked!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis

I don't recomend it, but yeah that will destroy the material inside the muffler to make it louder.
i went ahead and did it, tempopraraly gained about 5 db as teh water flushed out, once the water was all dried out and the muffler was back to filtering as normal, i say it gained about 1 db or so. not as much as i thought, but it is somewhat of a small muffler, ill try to do it agian when i get another chance and then ill send ya a vid clip.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:04 PM

i went ahead and did it, tempopraraly gained about 5 db as teh water flushed out, once the water was all dried out and the muffler was back to filtering as normal, i say it gained about 1 db or so. not as much as i thought, but it is somewhat of a small muffler, ill try to do it agian when i get another chance and then ill send ya a vid clip.
Yeah would love to see a video! :D

Mike you coming up too? Need a header? PM me or call me man. :D