Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Project Vitz Rs turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Project Vitz Rs turbo

Just a little teaser for you guys.. A shop im working with in japan is locating a motor from a Vitz Rs turbo. The Motor will most like be older one since those motors also came in the DB and Voxy. The motor i believe is rated at 150hp and 148lbs of torque from the factory.. Let the madness begin...BWWAAHAHAHAHHAHA :twisted:
Old 11-06-2003, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KOMPLEX,
What's the status on this project :?:
Old 11-06-2003, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wooops, thought the post date said Oct 5, not Nov 5.

But if you want to give us minute by minute updates...
Old 11-06-2003, 04:51 AM

Is that what I am building an exhaust for? Can't wait for the madness. :D

Old 11-07-2003, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And the status is...........

Still waiting to find a good motor!! lol.. They informed me that they do have a newer engine... 2001.. But they are asking a little too much for my pocket book. So i'll wait until i get another decent one... Hopefully this will work out. Already got confirmation that modacar will handle in install...

:twisted:

BWWAAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAAHAHHA
Old 11-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

modacar does engine swaps? where are they? i've got something that needs to be done but i bet their pricey
Old 11-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Is it possible to get the turbo kit for the vitz and put in ours? same 1nz-fe so whats the difference?
Old 11-08-2003, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's what im trying to figure out. and it seems like im not gonna get a responce back from japan til monday. modacar actually might sponsor me if this comes into play.. it's a 50/50 split right now as to if its going to happen or not. They turbo kit that the vitz comes with is JDM TRD, and should bolt right up. My only concern with that is tuning. Im trying to figure out whether or not the motor is low compression, or if they just slapped a turbo and some pipes on it...
Old 11-08-2003, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
Is it possible to get the turbo kit for the vitz and put in ours? same 1nz-fe so whats the difference?
I am not sure with this engine but the previous system that was similar was the 4EFZE from the Starlet{which the Vitz replaced}. This engine is very popular for trading out with the Paseo or Tercel that also use the E engine platform. The NZ replaced the E series and has a great deal similar. The parts that are different on the 4E turbo verses the 5E from the Paseo are as follows: ct-20 turbo , intercooler , different exhaust manifold , larger fuel injectors and different fuel pressure regualtor , higher output fuel pump , different ECU , different cams , new plumbing for the intake. I imagine the setup is very much similar. The hard parts here are the ECU and the cams , the other parts are not too hard to get aftermarket. The cams are not extreemly different and were designed for a smaller displacement{the 4E is 1.3L and the 5E is 1.5L}. Some have used the stock cams when fitting this to the 5E rather than a straight tradeout. The turbo ran about 4 lbs of boost like the Vitz turbo and it is the exact same turbo unit , ct-20{although the aspect ratios might be different?}. Hopefully either Toyota or some aftermarket company will have a good kit out soon.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

The vitz kit uses a t25 turbo and I could get one from Trust but not if it doesn't fit the 1nz-fe. i haven't really looked at the difference but I just saw that the vitz rs uses the 1nz-fe, just hopin I guess :D Thanx for the info risen_, gotta do quite a lot more research on my end.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THEY HAVENT RESPONDED TO ME YET!!

im sooo impatient.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KOMPLEX
that's what im trying to figure out. and it seems like im not gonna get a responce back from japan til monday. modacar actually might sponsor me if this comes into play.. it's a 50/50 split right now as to if its going to happen or not. They turbo kit that the vitz comes with is JDM TRD, and should bolt right up. My only concern with that is tuning. Im trying to figure out whether or not the motor is low compression, or if they just slapped a turbo and some pipes on it...
hey Komplex depending on interested you are on this motor ... I could get this for you thru my importer. Actually would be a clip ... I've been toying with the idea of putting this motor into my little echo, after I my stock motor dies...