Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Supercharger ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution

Default Supercharger ?'s

Ok, so i know someone has the Blitz supercharger. Please post the parts list and if possible can someone get some Dyno done? And by the way the idea to boycott so the price will be lower wont work. Supply and demand work the opposite of that. the more people buy the cheaper the product will be , of course this is assuming there isnt a monopoly on the product, which in this case there is but it wont be forever. So if Blitz is convinced that the Supercharger is going to sell they will produce more parts which in turn becomes cheaper for them then cheaper for us. (economics was my favorite class) Well, I know someone has the S/C and if you can please post the specs and everything else that you can.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member

Default We Have the first working Super Charger for the Scion XB.

We put together the first Super Charger for the Scion XB.

OVERDOSE/Power Enterprise
Bolt on Super Charger Kit Scion XB

Japans Next Generation Supercharger designed specifically for Scion XB. A complete bolt on package which can be installed easily in 8 hours by a qualified technician with regular hand tools, with out any modification to the engine.

Boosting power output 45% over stock and increasing torque throughout the RPM range. The Supercharger delivers over 132 Horse Power (whp) at 6100 RPM with 7.35-8 Pounds of Boost, on a JDM Automatic Bb.

This high efficiency centrifugal supercharger is extremely compact and well engineered. The High Quality kit comes complete with larger fuel pump, pressure regulator, re-circulator blow off valve and required installation hardware, and uses the car’s Stock ECU and Injectors for easy installation.

For off-highway use only and should not be installed on emission controlled vehicles. (Not Legal in the State of California).

OVERDOSE Scion Performance Conducted all the Original Dyno Testing and Development for this kit for the US market. Technical Assistance available for Customers who have purchased kit from OVERDOSE Scion Performance.

Item: PE300 SuperCharger kit Xb $3580.00+S/H $44.68 DLR $3401.00

HighonScion.com™ OVERDOSE Scion Performance™
Media Contact: Nick Maurer. Email: Sales@HighonScion.com
1041 Cinnamon Lane, Corona, Ca. 92882
866-825-4007~ 909-278-0529
Old 03-19-2004, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about this supercharger makes it next generation?
Old 03-19-2004, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Boosting power output 45% over stock and increasing torque throughout the RPM range. The Supercharger delivers over 132 Horse Power (whp) at 6100 RPM with 7.35-8 Pounds of Boost, on a JDM Automatic Bb.

a stick would break 140whp and with headers and full exhuast with high flow cat u could easily break 150whp....hehehe...i want...
and comes with a blow off valve.....PSSSSHHHHH....no point to turbo now
Old 03-19-2004, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionxb04

a stick would break 140whp and with headers and full exhuast with high flow cat u could easily break 150whp....hehehe...i want...
well, a turbo would make maybe another 20hp at the same boost =)

so far I like the blitz supercharger setup the best.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

blitz looks clean and its about the same price... but whats the power difference? i'm thinking about getting the blitz this summer. gotta save up for that thing. :D

i was looking at PE for a while, but it's only for xb so it's not really any use to the xa people.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jackmott

If you like the Blitz setup the best, can you tell me what the set up is? That is what I am interested in. I just want to know what All the Superchargers come with and all the specs and stats on each. This is a lot money to be throwing down on a peice of equipment.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Engine Management?
Old 03-19-2004, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I love the Blitz kit. We have it on our dealer xB and it runs awesome. No dynos or anything yet, we've been too lazy/busy to toss it up, but it definately pulls.

Glenn, c'mon bro. The first supercharged xB? The Paisley Racing xB had a s/c on it at SEMA back in 2002!!!!

Your car is awesome though!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

whats the specs on that kit mr. el cajon? at least what they told you when they put it on.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member

It is a high efficiency centrifugal supercharger that's extremely compact and well engineered. The High Quality kit comes complete with larger fuel pump, pressure regulator, re-circulator blow off valve, new oil pan, high performance pulleys, drive belt, alternator relocation bracketry, and required installation hardware, and utilizes the car’s Stock ECU and Injectors for easy installation.

For off-highway use only and should not be installed on emission controlled vehicles. (Not Legal in the State of California).

url=http://highonscion.com]HighonScion.com[/url]™ OVERDOSE Scion Performance™
866-825-4007~ 909-278-0529
Old 03-19-2004, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh, i meant the blitz
Old 03-19-2004, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry about the first post. It was supposed to be say that its the first WORKING supercharger in the US. I believe that the BLITZ cars were corporate TOYOTA's preproduction vehicles.

HighonScion.com™ OVERDOSE Scion Performance™
866-825-4007~ 909
Old 03-19-2004, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The blitz setup uses a roots type supercharger, which makes boost at all rpms, not just high rpms, which can be nice.

it also has much less intake piping, the S/C looks like it sits right on the engine replacing the intake manifold, with a short ram intake.

very clean and efficient layout.

a bit too expensive though for me.

Originally Posted by mikeluvsjo
Originally Posted by jackmott

If you like the Blitz setup the best, can you tell me what the set up is? That is what I am interested in. I just want to know what All the Superchargers come with and all the specs and stats on each. This is a lot money to be throwing down on a peice of equipment.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

It doesn't sound like it is working completely if it can't run on the highway.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
whats the specs on that kit mr. el cajon? at least what they told you when they put it on.
I really wish I had a dyno on it. We've been meaning to do some pulls for awhile now, but we've been so swamped at work we haven't even had time to think about it.

We're running 5.5 lbs of boost through it, it can run a lot more but I definately don't want to be responsible for blowing up my boss's engine.
I have absolutely no idea how much whp it's making, but it definately smokes my stock xB. The layout is very clean...no excess piping across the engine compartment. We need to cut the engine cover so it will fit the s/c shroud, but the way it mounts is really nice...

customer here, got to go. I've got pics of it up on my imagestation account....look for the thread "getting our supercharger" in the power hungry forum for the link

The power enterprises s/c kit on the highonscion.com car is pretty clean too. I'd be interested to roll in it and see how it feels.

BTW, Glenn how's the system that Jon is doing for you coming along?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

what's the "parasitic drag" that some people talk about on superchargers?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is the blitz supercharger legal in california?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
what's the "parasitic drag" that some people talk about on superchargers?

Superchargers are just fans that literally blow more air into the engine, which lets you make more power.

however, it takes some power to turn the fan as well.

Turbochargers use exauhst gas energy to turn their fan, which works out to be more efficient, since some of that energy would just be waste heat.

So, all else being equal, a turbo might only spend 10hp to add 50hp worth of air, where a supercharger might spend 20hp to add 50hp worth of air.

but then superchargers have the advantage of instantaneous response.

just depends what you want.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yea, think i'm gonna go with a s/c setup, looking at the blitz right now and a way to finance it, wanna get it now cause this things a little too slow for me. i figure that the s/c would be more logical for our engines cause the gears are so short turbo probably only be on for a few seconds boosting then a shift, probably only in 4th and 5th you'd get the most out of the turbo, but it would be a fun couple of gears :D

blitz seems to be better for the money... p/e is priced about the same but doesn't come with a programmed ecu and its not bling'in like the blitz compressor. :D

Quick Reply: Supercharger ?'s