Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

T25 Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Default T25 Turbo Project

I was thinking about turbocharing my 1nzfe and wondering if you guys could help me out with what all i need. So i can get the t25 out of a Talon TSI for 100$. Then cast-iron exhaust manifold for 500$ from the TSI extreme kit some of you guys have on your xB's. Now i assume i would need some kind of adapter plate for the T/C to bolt onto the manifold right? Then for a downpipe, can any muffler shop just custom make me one? Also, i would need a BOV which i would probably get off ebay from a 1g unless you guys recomend something better. From there the only problem i could see is running an oil line to the T/C. Where would i get oil fed to the T/C from? and where does the return line go? I'm a total noob at this.

As far as an FMIC i don't think i would install one at first because i don't have much money and i doubt i'll need one for the amount of boost i'll have the T/C running. I'm probably going to set it at 5~6 to start off with. For that would i need any aditional electronics? I know i would need a manaul boost controller, that's cheap enough. As far as fuel management and AF stuff, running 5psi, i wouldn't need any expensive ECU stuff would i?

What do you all think about this idea? thanks
Old 06-22-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

i just noticed when researching the TSI Extreme kit that the T/C in that kit is a T25. So i guess the T25 out of the Talon is the same right?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yea but i think the T25 out of the TSI kit is a BB turbo, i dont think the talon one is
Old 06-23-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you would probably also wanna upgrade your fuel system to a return line and get a fuel rail and some bigger injectors,larger fuel pump, 1:1 FPR and definitely get yourself a camcon to tune it. I got all this for my setup, just waiting on the Camcon and the install begins for me
Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Start the install now..... I am going to run mine without the cam con for now. Just gonna bump my pressure up....

As far as the oil feed... I used a greddy oil filter adapter block and tapped off of that. The return goes to the pan. I drilled into the upper portion (aluminum) part near the tranny (there is a nice flat spot in front of the inner cv boot on the passenger side) and tapped it and put in a fitting.

Fuel...Yes, run a controller... Get the cam con. I sell them pretty cheap.. PM me if you want one.... Get a rail, larger injectors, larger pump and convert to return...
Old 06-23-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

is it worth it to go the route i'm going or just pay 2700$ for the TSI extreme kit, thats the one u guys have right?

Also, i read that the camcon was having issues with our ECU:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...er=asc&start=0

as far as the TSI kit, which "fuel package" is the best one to choose from? the one with the SAFC-II looks better to me:

http://www.turbo-kits.com/xA_xB_turbo_kits.html

If i buy the kit, it comes with everything i need to install in like a weekend right? Does it tell you where to drill into the pan? Do you only have to drill one hole for the return line like you said? If so, where does the turbo get the oil from to return?

with the kit, would i have to get a shop to tune my car on a dyno or can i just put it in and run it like that until i get better fuel equipment? thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The T25 out of a 2nd Generation DSM does not have the same turbine housing flange as Garrett type T25's. I would assume that the TSI kit is running a standard Garrett type T25 not a DSM T25.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just buy the kit but dont get any of the fuel management it comes with. Get what we told you to get instead and u will be aright
Old 06-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The oil that gets returned from the turbo comes from the pressure line you that you hook to it. The kit does come pretty complete except for adding your fuel system. Get the kit with the Apexi controller. Then buy a rail, injectors, regulator and pump. Dont forget line and fittings for your return... Also the intercooler piping that comes with the NEW kit, does in fact fit perfectly on the xB with no need to relocate the washer bottle.... It may take you longer than a weekend to do if you have never done it. Its alot of small tedious things... If you are running a stick, be sure to get some heat shield or header wrap to wrap your shifter cables as they hit the downpipe flange and are really close to the compressor housing.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

thanks that is probably a better idea lol. No manual trans here, or xB

i'm sure i could get it to work, would probably take more then a weekend tho lol

so basically i shouldn't get any fuel management with the kit, just buy the Apexi, injectors, etc. on the side? as far as tuning that, i would have to go to a shop and dyno etc. right? do i need camcon too or will the Apexi be enuf?