Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Toyomoto tubro kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you went to a department store.........and on the clothing racks, instead of clothing.......there were a bunch of signs hanging there that said "please consult front desk for info and pricing on this shirt." Not only can you not see the shirt...you know diddly squat about it. Are you really gonna go ask about the shirt? Or do you want to see the thing and it's price sitting right in front of you...like every other normal person on the planet?

KiL
Old 01-31-2004, 08:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

_____in .... ya it is ..... valid .... ya it is

if your gonna produce it .... produce it. if ya wanna find out if people want it say that. i'm tired of people comming out and saying "hey check it out" and then don't bring it. i ain't sh!ting on the guy .... just don't tease me! there's been too much of that .......

just my 2 cents
Old 01-31-2004, 08:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well, i am on the fence on this one. Yes, i would love to see everything in front of me, with a price. However, i understand companies wanting to judge their market before they dive into a venture such as this.

Remember, the R&D on a product such as this is costly. Companies want to make sure there is a market for a product before they produce it. toyomoto may feel very confident that they can produce a quality kit, however, they arent going to until they determine there is a pool of buyers that will pay for it.

So, asking people to email for details isnt a bad idea. It will give the company an idea of what type of market there is for their potential product.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member

Very valid point KignLou, however I have two points which arinvolvo nailed. Point one; that shirt is going to cost <$20, while a base t/c kit cost <$2,000. Point two; There is a solid market for a shirt while the Scion market has not been proven in the US.

I can absolutely understand your position and it is very valid. Coming from the SOHC 240SX crowd, I heard ateleast once every two months about a t/c kit for the ka24e and it never happened, sure it got frustrating but we always exploited every opportunity we got.

I remeber some lame ___ poster from when I was in high school, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
Old 01-31-2004, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The market isn't huge yet because we Scion owners are still a relatively exclusive group. And sure......a tc or sc is more costly to build than a shirt........but its also more costly to purchase.................so if I'm unwilling to say I'd be down to spend 20 bucks on this mystery shirt.........I'm definitly unwilling to say I'm down to spend over 3000 bucks on a mystery turbo. To tell you the truth.......I don't mind shooting out an email to get some things cleared up............but come on.........I'd like to hear at least something off the bat about this kit to even get me interested enough to write the email in the first place.

KiL
Old 01-31-2004, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It is true companies normally go to forums and stuff posting ideas and hopes to see good feedbacks before they jump in and starts making a product. However I think it is useless for asking people these questions.

For example, how many of you want a turbo kit for your 108HP xB??
Do a poll just say "do you want a turbo kit?" You probably get 100 votes just in 1 day
If you do a poll and say "do you want a turbo kit for $3000?"You will get 1 vote after 24 hours... Not to mention a toyomoto kit will probably run you $6000 because they making Lexus kit for $10000.

People want stuff, but how many of you really buying it?
I just think at this time, Scion owner are not ready for anything
The car is new and the car is cheap and lots people still paying payments for their car
Old 01-31-2004, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

http://www.toyomoto.com/

they seem to have nice "previous" projects
and im glad theres another company that is
planning on making products for our cars.

i mean, just like tim said, lots of company
has claimed to "make one soon" but hey!
the more companies working on it, the faster
we can get products,,

oh yea.. tim IS right, lots of beef going on.
and like not only do we demand this and that.
how many REAL buyers are there gonna be down
to fork out cash to buy these products?
Old 01-31-2004, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Red Genie xB
Not to mention a toyomoto kit will probably run you $6000 because they making Lexus kit for $10000.
i wouldnt doubt it id be afraid to as how much the kit would be gunna have to sell a left nut
Old 02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

relax you guys.. Im from Miami and I went by Toyomoto. They have a burgundy Scion there that they are working on. Its pretty safe to say that this will not be the cheapest kit but prolly the nicest and most effective kit that will hit the market. Im not affiliated with them but have seen some of the cars they have done, and it's incredible...

ps. sorry for the long post
Old 02-26-2004, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

its BLACK CHERRY!!

just kidding

carry on! :oops:
Old 02-26-2004, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i dont doubt that toyomoto will bring out a kit. They've done many cars which people think they wouldn't produce a kit. I'm sure they'll release one as they get it done and tested. They've been in the scene for a very long time and have a lot of credit with other owner clubs and enthusiasts. As for power output, thats on them depending on what kind of kit they want to market. To those that complain about power output, what do you want from a 1.5 L stock internal echo motor? If you are going to build the motor, then power isnt a problem. Also, regarding price tag, parts cost $ no matter what. A lot of the companies building these turbo kits aren't the ones that make the turbo itself, but have to buy it. If anything, they fab the manifold, pipes, and some companies make their own intercooler. Other than that, all the parts have to be bought. Theres civic owners out there dumping 3 grand for turbo kits and are gaining similar outputs and are happy. Can't expect the world for the cost of nothing know what i mean?

Mike
Old 02-27-2004, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

http://hondata.com/98sctyper.html

there is an integra type r runing 11psi....as u know they run high compression ratio to begin with....11.1 to compression...and here is a bone stock motor running 11psi....why cant we run 11psi with proper tuning...i see no problem in getting some real power outta these motors....only 10.5to1 compression....should be able to run 11psi once we can get another computer in there and tune the damn thing....as for the returnless fuel system....u can run a inline pump....u can open the gas tank up and find a way to raise the fuel pressure there....and use something like a apexi afc to lean it out at lower rpm....then u dont need a fpr...
Old 02-27-2004, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

no kidding =) but doing all that would make a turbo kit extremely expensive including all the labor involed =) that and running a stand alone ecu. Makes things pricey. Oh, technically afc doesnt change the fuel curve it changes the air it adjusts air %
Old 02-27-2004, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you gota keep in mind that the typeR engine is alot stonger then this motor i believe the engine internals are more stout and can handle more stress then what these little motors can handle
Old 02-27-2004, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would think the scion could handle a 5-7 lb turbo and nothing more.

unless your reinforced the internals.