Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

the truth about the Stafford Fabrication turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default the truth about the Stafford Fabrication turbo kit

Yo I bought the kit, and i have had no problems. We have almost 2,500 miles on it now. 7psi all day long. the only thing is that there is a weird smell coming from the engine but thats it, goes away after 10 mins. The guys at Stafford Fabs though is an _______! Never buy ____ from there! After all that crap, he almost got my car impounded and other stuff. But i like the kit. Have fun with your audi TROY!

WOW!!! i must say i'm a little suprised at the possition allblackxb has taken on this issue. heres the real story :

Troy (agginmotorsports as you know him) came to me and was going to turbo his car himself and needed some help. I told him i would turbo the car with your turbo and your intercooler as long as you did the testing and the dyno time (which i would pay for) just let me know when you had time to do it. And i charged him nothing for the entire kit nor the install. We did all the tuning, all the design.

After the kit was on the car for about 3 months, at 7 psi of boost, and NO complications, i tried a couple of times to get him to go to the dyno with me, but he was too busy with a few shows and his g/f just had a baby. So another month goes by, and i cannot get a hold of him, doesnt return my calls, doesnt return pages on the nextel. I dont think too much about it, for i have known troy for about 6 years. I know he doesnt take his cell to work, because he works at a govt. installation. So i let it slide. I happen to go on scionlife one day, just to see if anyone else had come up with any cures to the fuel/boost problem, and much to my suprise HE is selling MY turbo kit and its already sold.

So i called James (a good friend of troys that works at eastside muffler) but he couldnt come to the phone because he was installing a turbo kit, on a scion xB. It just so happens it was my turbo kit. So, I drove out there and told them that the kit had not been paid for, and that troy had not met his sponsorship responsibilities of allowing me to dyno the car, and to duplicate the kit. And at this point, that is a stolen kit. He had not gotten permission from me to sell the kit, and it is a prototype 1 of-a-kind.

The owner of the car did not care that it was stolen property. I understand that he was upset that i wanted my kit back and that he had paid for it to someone else, but it does not change the fact that it was still stolen property. He did not want for us to wait to get a hold of troy. So the only option i had was to go to the police. So i did.

When i got back to the shop, troy was there and i was waiting on the police. And all troy had to say was "I had to sell your stuff to better myself and get my audi." His car had not blown up or smoked, he simply traded it in to get an audi and use the money from the turbo kit (that he stole from me) to add to the down payment for his audi. So when the police arrived, Troy began telling lies. Saying that he bought the parts on ebay and online. Well, when he couldnt prove where he got the fuel system, nor could he explain how it worked (because he has no clue), and was caught in several lies, the police officer gave him 2 options: 1. Give the kit back to me, OR 2. Impound the car and Troy goes to Jail for Grand Theft.

My intentions were not to send troy to jail (although after reading this thread i may have been better off), even though i now see that he is a dirtbag, nor did i wish to impound the xB and leave the owners stranded hundreds of miles from home. It was not his fault that Troy sold stolen property. So I offered to write up a sponsorship contract with the people who purchased the kit from troy who illegally sold it, so that i could still duplicate the kit and the owners could drive home.

i thought that i was extremely fair and understanding, and if you want to blame someone for nearly getting your car impounded, look to the one selling stolen property. How could you tell people to not buy stuff from me when your kit works fine (and im an _______) just for protecting what i have worked hard to make, so that others may also share in this.

I could have had troy arrested (for grand theft, possession of stolen property, selling stolen property, and being an all-around dirt bag) , your car impounded, and you (and your father) stranded hundreds of miles from home just by saying the word. But I didnt.

Now who's the _______?
Old 07-24-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

for all those that said "i told you so "sorry it was a lie the car didn't or start smoking .troy is just a lier and a thief .
Old 07-24-2004, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I know i haven't had any problems with the kit. It was just the way you where acting against everything. It didn't have to go as far as it did. Personally i suggest remaking it, because it CAN be better. Make it so you can have BIG injectors, and like 13psi, by you designing low compression pistons, and other driveline parts. The scion isn't really fast with the kit but 13psi would be crazy considering i won a race with a 17 second ford f-150 on 4psi. Make a crazy kit that this kit can be upgraded too or something. Bigger turbo, with the possibility of bigger pistons, and huge injectors. That would be a turbo kit.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by allblackxb
I know i haven't had any problems with the kit. It was just the way you where acting against everything. It didn't have to go as far as it did. Personally i suggest remaking it, because it CAN be better. Make it so you can have BIG injectors, and like 13psi, by you designing low compression pistons, and other driveline parts. The scion isn't really fast with the kit but 13psi would be crazy considering i won a race with a 17 second ford f-150 on 4psi. Make a crazy kit that this kit can be upgraded too or something. Bigger turbo, with the possibility of bigger pistons, and huge injectors. That would be a turbo kit.
i don't think you even know what you have. the kit is capable of running 13psi but we never went that high because the stock tranny won't hold it however we did run it at 9 psi and it ran perty hard but with an auto trans and 20''s how fast is it going to get

.before you go shopping i'd check whats in the cupboard!
Old 07-24-2004, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

[quote="allblackxb"]I know i haven't had any problems with the kit. It was just the way you where acting against everything. It didn't have to go as far as it did.
i know your yong so i'll put this on the bottom shelf so you can reach it ! you build a car that you real proud of do all the work yourself and use all your own original ideas .then i'll steal it and put it up for sell .then when you com to take it back i'll say, na i don't think so i like it and i'm not going to give it back to you! how far would you go to retrieve that whitch was stolen from you
Old 07-24-2004, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow sfpower, your a real nice guy i would of sent that guy to jail and screwed this ungreatful _______ too

he owes you and apology and a thank you for your kindness
Old 07-24-2004, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think sfpower is kind enough to let you get away with the turbo kit and not sending the guy to jail...

obviously sfpower work hard to get the turbo done for that guy, now he turned around sold it without sfpower's persmission and got an audi....man thats just wrong..
Old 07-24-2004, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried to search for details on this kit, but couldn't find any- what kind of fuel management do you use? Some kind of fuel pressure riser?
Old 07-24-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Got off without a beat-down, seems like a nice guy to me.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, this is amazing at what happened. Hell, I will work with you on a sponsorship agreement and test.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

ya for sure, ill sign away my first-born child, now 3 things.....1 i have an Audi to Key, 2 too bad u couldnt see the future, 3 if u could have u shouldve sent him to jail and had the other _______ impounded.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yeah it really sucks what happened...if you guys havent read the original post, read that, cause that EXPLAINS A LOT of what went on. It sucks when you burn a sponsor and vice versa, both parties lose and makes it harder for other people to work w/ companies cause those companies dont want to risk getting burned. Mr. Stafford, you have a pm
Old 08-13-2004, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look here old man, don't hate because you live out of that shoe box you call home. I don't even care about you, your kit, or that wack as$ scion! I know what happened. It sucked and it will suck for the next guy. Don't be mad at me for trying to move up in the world. I haven't been on this site in a while, and wasn't coming back. But everyone that knew me in HOOD. I didn't want it be this way, but you mad you bed now sleep in it! SEE YOU SOON!
Old 08-13-2004, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know any of the individuals in this bickering, but I think it would be benificial if the real issue is concluded.

A working functional 100% complete TURBO KIT!

I'm pretty sure that Stafford Fab's is trying to defend himself, I would too, but the fact of the matter is still unconcluded. Will anyone finish a kit?

I've talked to Troy and he's a pretty nice guy. I don't know Stafford Fab nor the purchasing party so I wouldn't be able to say anything good or bad about them. If Stafford Fab finished a kit and it worked without any problems, I don't think a thread like this would pop up again.

-Steve
Old 08-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

From what I hear your (guy at SF) is still an _______, despite the kits abilities and reliability, both parties said that. Thats enough for me not to get your kit. I've been dealing with _______s about my dash, never again will I deal with you people.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member

well, heres what the problem is.....
we have a teenage gang banger wannabe swindle a turbo kit from a parts fabricator/tuner/vendor, then when the swindler swindles someone else into buying that which doesent belong to him, and vendor supercedes, the vendor becomes an _______???
get real.
contact me next time u need to test new parts, maybe we can do some business.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From what I hear your (guy at SF) is still an _______, despite the kits abilities and reliability, both parties said that. Thats enough for me not to get your kit. I've been dealing with _______s about my dash, never again will I deal with you people.
I hope your not refering to me when you say "your guy"...

-Steve
Old 08-13-2004, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoomBox757
the only problem with your statement is that you are coming to a conclusion about someone you don't even know. i don't know him either, but from what i see is aggin got a hook up on a kit. when i talked to him at scion showoff he was happy about the kit and had no problems with it. he also claimed to have no problems with the kit when he was selling it. as it turned out, aggin was selling a kit that was not even his and now that sf stepped in to protect their investment everyone got stuck between a rock and hard place. it is seems that everyone is wrong in this event. i am sure none of this would of happened if aggin didn't sell a kit he wasn't supposed to.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man, ignorant people suck. i hope this whole thread is a hoax. cause, if any of this is true then you all suck. if not, then thank goodness.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by evomind
contact me next time u need to test new parts, maybe we can do some business.
And you are? Need the info.

Quick Reply: the truth about the Stafford Fabrication turbo kit