Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

1500+rpm? haha......man thats just impractical i wouldnt run that kind of idle just so i wouldnt spend a small amount to do it right the first time......i mean thats a big trade off
Old 08-24-2005, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member

I didn't run a 1500 rpm idle... just had to rev it some when running spl comps... Which every loud car will do if you watch them. High output alts only put out power at revs, not at idle...
Old 08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

i cant say that i agree with that comment about only power from the alt with revs....the alternator puts out a regulated amount of amps the whole part of getting a higher output alt is to compensate for the added draw caused by the amps......i have participated in many builds of comp. vehicles and i cannot say that they had to rev them.....but most of them were serious SPL, SPL outlaw comp vehicles with custom multi alt/batt configuration
Old 08-25-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He's absolutely right. A higher output alternator usually is less efficient @ idle, there are things to combat this such as a smaller alternator pulley.

Another thing, capacitors are completely useless! I ran a car audio business out of my house for quite a few years and I have always been against them! People never listen, but any well informed car audio guru will always steer people away from them!

I would suggest checking out the forums on www.termpro.com , your finding should solidify my above statements.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deviousXA
i cant say that i agree with that comment about only power from the alt with revs....the alternator puts out a regulated amount of amps the whole part of getting a higher output alt is to compensate for the added draw caused by the amps......i have participated in many builds of comp. vehicles and i cannot say that they had to rev them.....but most of them were serious SPL, SPL outlaw comp vehicles with custom multi alt/batt configuration
Most outlaw cars do not run multiple alternators anymore, they are usually charged seperately by an A/C battery charger. Official DB Drag Racing is now done with the car switched OFF, it has been this way for 2+ years. Others haven't adapted this yet.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks Jdaniels.... seems like you can't say anything on this forum without flaming.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

was i flamming? i dont think so it just a matter of different opinoins thats all i didnt bang on your intelligence/sexuallity/compitence.......just think something else......the multi alt set ups i was refering to was for street use and demos for sure different rules apply when DB racing or for any sanctioned event takes place
Old 08-30-2005, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member

Sorry, didn't really mean to take it out on you, just seems like there is alot of it in this forum. Such as with swap info and all. I asked about what other motors out trannies will bolt too and got flamed to hell a while back. I know for a fact that there are motors out there that work, but instead of people on here just saying that there isn't info out there... they say it isn't able to be done. There are several xb's with 4efte swaps and even some with the 4age swaps. Hell, there is one in my town with a turbo 4age silver top in it running on a stock auto tranny. has tons of problems but it is there. I dunno.. sorry to blab on, just getting tired of asking logical questions and getting lame ___ responses. Once again, nothing against you. Thanks, Eric
Old 10-20-2005, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice! After reading these reviews, this might be up there on my mod list...

What's the price for the two pulley's mentioned? the UR and Perrin.

Also, what about gas mileage? Any affect?

thanks!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Grimstar
what if you have a hyper voltage kit and ground wiring an upgraded battery and spark plugs, along with spark plug wires, would that allow you to still the same performance and still allow a high powered stero. Im looking to be pushing over 2500 watts.
All that's not going to make much difference. It's a matter of current output from the alternator. The slower it turns the less current it produces. For the most part it will not make that much difference because the amps can always get extra power from the battery but with extended play at high volumes you could kill the battery.