Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Whats the XBidniss? (TC SWAP?!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So... I'm not the only one who's BS meter is pegged right now?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Originally Posted by FLINT
like i was sayin, the box had a veilside kit and rims, projector headlights, cf hood altezza tails, and suiside (rx- door conversion.
That makes the story that much more interesting with nothing to show for it. That veilside kit requires significant modification to fit being that its for a bB. Theres only one person on this entire forum that has successfully done a suicide door kit. Its not too hard with the right time and if you know what you are doing, but thats also a very rare thing for the box. What does an rx8 have to do with anything though?
i said rx-8 to give an example for peeps that didnt know how suicide doors operate. he said lambo doors sucked cuz everybody has them now.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lambo doors sucked BEFORE everybody had them.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Whats the XBidniss? (TC SWAP?!)

so what does everyone think of this?
Either you're lying or he is.

That is a very difficult swap to pull off, if not impossble. It's next to impossible to even squeeze the 1.8 from the Corolla in there. I'm just not buying it dude.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Whats the XBidniss? (TC SWAP?!)

Originally Posted by Biznox
so what does everyone think of this?
Either you're lying or he is.

That is a very difficult swap to pull off, if not impossble. It's next to impossible to even squeeze the 1.8 from the Corolla in there. I'm just not buying it dude.
While i agree, i think the story is fake some how or another given the situation and claims of mods this guy may have. But its not an impossible swap, and swapping to a 1zz is far from impossible. 1zz is the easiest swap you can do in the xb, sure you have to cut a little, weld a little but its not that bad. Just a pain. 2.4, you would have to do significant work which is obvious. But its not impossible if you have the money to do something like that. Would it be worth the time and money? Probably not, but it can be done.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've personally seen a 1.8l in the xb, but the project was never finished. I dont know what happend.

And this is the reason i doubt the 2az swap. A 1.8l causes headaches, it can be done without too many problems but still a few. a 2.0l would be a serious pain by looking at a 1.8l in a box, which leads me to a 2.4l. With the right amount of money, yes, anything is possible. But you are talking about a significant swap, with significant problems with fitment alone...not to mention everything else you have to do after the motor is mounted. Even before that you would have to do lots of cutting, lots of welding, definitely move the firewall back...so on so forth.

Simplyscion: Yes, its true that most people don't spend much time at all on forums that really do lots of work to their cars, if spend anytime at all. I realize this. But something this drastic i believe we would have heard something about with pictures. I mean, if flint actually did see this he would have had to of took pictures or mentioned scionlife to him. Because this isn't a everyday thing, and if this guy does have a 2az i would imagine he would want to show it off as much as possible due to what it is. Especially with the suicide doors and veilside kit. If this box is real, then he definitely has an amazing box. But, i'm a believer in i believe what i see. If flint didn't take a picture, or at very least ask him to join scionlife because xb owners would be thrilled and give him a chance to show off, then i'm going to doubt. Its human nature to doubt things of this size without seeing some sort of evidence. If its real, and i'm shown its real, i will admit i'm wrong gracefully because i'd like to ask him a few questions. Otherwise, .
this post is pointless without pics killa
Old 01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Has anybody seen a pic of any motor swap done in an xB?

I've read so many stories and never seen a pic.
That's because if it has been done, then it has only been done once or twice and the people doing it apparently never heard of the Internet.

The only think REMOTELY like that swap that I have heard of (and I am on the internet looking for this stuff constantly) is a 2ZZ swap into a Yaris by a German company and it took massive modifications to accomplish.

The engine bay in this car is microscopic and these are not Honda Civics. There are 4 engines which will drop into the xB:

The 1.3 liter base engine from the JDM model, the 1.5 liter 1NZ-FE, the 1.4 liter turbodiesel from the European Yaris and the factory turbo version of the 1NZ-FE from the European Yaris. The only other practical swap I know if is the 3EFTE (I think) which is the 1.3 liter JDM turbo Starlet motor good for about 133 hp stock, but it is much more mod friendly than the 1NZFE and it is actually designed to withstand forced induction, unfortunately it's not EPA legal for this car and neither are any of the others, other than the 1NZFE we already have.

Anything else will require major, massive modifications.

And that, in a nutshell is why you see 10,000 people TALKING about motor swaps into the xB but NO PICTURES. It's because it isn't really happening. In the vast majority of cases you are seeing hearsay and rumors and fictional stories.

It's not impossible, it's just not cost effective or easy to do motor swaps with this car so you aren't going to see alot of them happening.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've personally seen a 1.8l in the xb, but the project was never finished. I dont know what happend.

And this is the reason i doubt the 2az swap. A 1.8l causes headaches, it can be done without too many problems but still a few. a 2.0l would be a serious pain by looking at a 1.8l in a box, which leads me to a 2.4l. With the right amount of money, yes, anything is possible. But you are talking about a significant swap, with significant problems with fitment alone...not to mention everything else you have to do after the motor is mounted. Even before that you would have to do lots of cutting, lots of welding, definitely move the firewall back...so on so forth.

Simplyscion: Yes, its true that most people don't spend much time at all on forums that really do lots of work to their cars, if spend anytime at all. I realize this. But something this drastic i believe we would have heard something about with pictures. I mean, if flint actually did see this he would have had to of took pictures or mentioned scionlife to him. Because this isn't a everyday thing, and if this guy does have a 2az i would imagine he would want to show it off as much as possible due to what it is. Especially with the suicide doors and veilside kit. If this box is real, then he definitely has an amazing box. But, i'm a believer in i believe what i see. If flint didn't take a picture, or at very least ask him to join scionlife because xb owners would be thrilled and give him a chance to show off, then i'm going to doubt. Its human nature to doubt things of this size without seeing some sort of evidence. If its real, and i'm shown its real, i will admit i'm wrong gracefully because i'd like to ask him a few questions. Otherwise, .
this post is pointless without pics killa
Start a swap thread requesting pictures, theres a few people with pictures of 1zz swaps, but none were actually finished. The one i saw wasn't either, i took a few with my film so if you have a scanner then i can scan them. Otherwise i can't. Besides, 1.8l isn't your claim of 2.4l. Night and day difference.

Infact, i believe one of the jdm sellers has a few 1zz swap pictures.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I did start a swap thread reqesting pics, all I got were pics of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats because you are more likely to see bigfoot of the loch ness monster than you are an xB with a 1ZZ swap.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
I did start a swap thread reqesting pics, all I got were pics of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

have some of yal stopped to think that every scion owner that does serious mods to their rides r not a part of scion life. i use to b 1 of them. although i dont have wild mods, i did sit back and LMAO while looking at posts. i took my sweet time (8 months) joining sl.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:37 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smokeydog001
In MHO, as long as there are "gearheads" you can't discount anything!

that was mopar's first factory built drag car, well they did it on there spare time, lets just say they owned drag racing back in the heydays
Old 01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"pics or it didnt happen"
Old 01-04-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm sorry if i dont have time to keep a damn camera in my car to take pics of every dopped up scion i c. youngins especially! yal will learn that when u get older with more things to take care of. yal need to b glad that i at leaste waited 4 him to come out to get the info. so what yal gona do if yal c somethin tight and dont have a camera? pull out paper and pencil and start drawing? lets be realistic.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm sorry if i dont have time to keep a damn camera in my car to take pics of every dopped up scion i c. youngins especially! yal will learn that when u get older with more things to take care of. yal need to b glad that i at leaste waited 4 him to come out to get the info. so what yal gona do if yal c somethin tight and dont have a camera? pull out paper and pencil and start drawing? lets be realistic.
, yes i'm going to start drawing.

Being young has nothing to do with it, obviously we have other important things to worry about and deal with vs. trying to find some heavily modifed car to pass time by. Thats a given. But, if i don't have a camera with me i do have a camera phone so it works out for me. If you don't have that option, then that sucks. But, you should have known when you posted this thread people weren't going to believe you without pictures. I mean seriously, if someone said they dropped a 3.8l in the tC would you believe them without some kind of evidence other than words? And what if this tC also had suicide front doors and a custom piece set lip/body kit. What if 80% of the pannels on this made up tC was double sided CF. Would you believe them without pictures? I sure wouldn't, same concept here.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt believe it myself but o well. when and if peeps start seein a lot of this done to scions. u heard it here 1st.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i didnt believe it myself but o well. when and if peeps start seein a lot of this done to scions. u heard it here 1st.
I seriously doubt a 2.4l swap in the box or egg is ever going to hit common. lol Even if your story is true, i'm pretty confident in saying he is the only one to have it. Theres been about 20 or so people attempt the 1zz swap, i think one even tried the 2zz. To my knowledge, no one had a 1zz swap complete and running. I could be wrong though.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's a pic of a transplant in a vitz... duno what motor it is tho..

Old 01-04-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

that's a 2zz.

Quick Reply: Whats the XBidniss? (TC SWAP?!)