Notices

best turbo kit for xB specificly and what else is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking at the ZPI stage 1 kit now and it's dyno tests are pretty nice.

dyno is showing 7.5psi, how much higher does the kit go?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Originally Posted by Winter
looking at the ZPI stage 1 kit now and it's dyno tests are pretty nice.

You can always buy a boost controller and crank it up. I forgot what psi they went up to before the axle snapped.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also my friend is telling me i should do a Garrett turbo custom settup to get the most out of my box and aquire 13psi... judging by what others have said, isn't that a little too much?
Which Garrett turbo is your friend recommending? Remember 13 psi on one turbo vs 13 psi on another is different.

Look at the turbo kit LMS put on there xB, they are running 10.5psi on a GT2554R and built the motor..........

The kit(turbo) will make allot more boost then 7.5psi, the limiting factor is the internal wastegate.

***RULE OF THUMB by adding a boost controller to a system you can usually double the amont of boost set by the wastegate used. IE if the ZPI kits internal gate is set at 7.5psi you can turn it up another 7.5psi getting a maximum of 15psi.

Keep in mind you can never turn the boost lower than the preset wastegate level.

Regards-

Todd
Old 02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks, toyota, i'm not sure which one he was talking about but i do believe GT2554R is the largest Garrett turbo they have thats suitable for the xB.

he also mentioned it was the same turbo that Greddy uses for thier kit. when he mentioned that i showed him the ZPI kit and he changed his mind quick.

also found this lastnight

TRD turbocharged tC vs an xB with ZPI's kit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM1lAWLiV1w
Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I am going to say is that you can not count on that ZPI dyno. That was with a completely different turbo kit.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
All I am going to say is that you can not count on that ZPI dyno. That was with a completely different turbo kit.
Same mounting place as their production kit. We all know it was tuned down for everyone on a stock motor. It is nice to see what it can do though.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same mounting place? So what? Seriously, I am getting sick of all of these people on here making excuses for ZPI and their blatant misleading of the public. There, I said it. Exactly what everyone has been wanting me to say on here... forever.

Do I really mean all of that? No, not to the extent you all probably hope I do. I have less issue with ZPI than I do with those that jump in on these forums and post up information that they know is nothing more than half truths and misleading. ZPI is busy doing product development, and fixing cars. I suppose I can give them a pass for not keeping their website up to date.

At least they aren't coming in here and making excuses for the fact that the dyno runs they have on their site share nothing in common with the kits they are selling other than the fact that they are being developed by the same company.

If you want to support ZPI fine. If you want to promote their products fine. I could really care less about that. I am actually anxious to see their production kits to hit the streets and the dynos. Exciting times for Scions are on the horizon.

I am just sick of people coming in her speaking half truths and making baseless claims.

Flame away friends...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

I am in no way making excuses for anyone. I live near them and they are working on another car for me. I have seen how busy they are at times. I know they have deadlines for customer cars that need to be done. This kit wasn't expected to be finished in a week.

There is more that I could say, but it probably wouldn't benefit anyone. People just need to have patience.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Same mounting place? So what? Seriously, I am getting sick of all of these people on here making excuses for ZPI and their blatant misleading of the public. There, I said it. Exactly what everyone has been wanting me to say on here... forever.

Do I really mean all of that? No, not to the extent you all probably hope I do. I have less issue with ZPI than I do with those that jump in on these forums and post up information that they know is nothing more than half truths and misleading. ZPI is busy doing product development, and fixing cars. I suppose I can give them a pass for not keeping their website up to date.

At least they aren't coming in here and making excuses for the fact that the dyno runs they have on their site share nothing in common with the kits they are selling other than the fact that they are being developed by the same company.

If you want to support ZPI fine. If you want to promote their products fine. I could really care less about that. I am actually anxious to see their production kits to hit the streets and the dynos. Exciting times for Scions are on the horizon.

I am just sick of people coming in her speaking half truths and making baseless claims.

Flame away friends...
well put
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by RHDVIPbB
There is more that I could say, but it probably wouldn't benefit anyone. People just need to have patience.
Why?
People here did have them. Promises were made and mostly never kept. So some spent dollars elsewhere.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This kit wasn't expected to be finished in a week.

As per ZPI's website, "There is a two week lead time on these kits. These are for sale now." So if you live near their shop, ask them exactly what this means. Cuz this is how most of us read the statement on their site...
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Originally Posted by KllrB
This kit wasn't expected to be finished in a week.

As per ZPI's website, "There is a two week lead time on these kits. These are for sale now." So if you live near their shop, ask them exactly what this means. Cuz this is how most of us read the statement on their site...
I have seen at least one kit packaged up ready to be shipped. How many have been ordered though?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Including those people who placed orders and then pulled out when ZPI didn't deliver?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Winter
TRD turbocharged tC vs an xB with ZPI's kit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM1lAWLiV1w

You mean Supercharged..
Old 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Including those people who placed orders and then pulled out when ZPI didn't deliver?

Can you please provide this abundant list of people if you would? Asking nothing more, nothing less. Can you have those people step forward and place their name on the sheet, so we can see exactly how many people "GOT TIRED OF WAITING" as that's generally all it is.

Seeing as how you are the ZPI production/marketing expert, and know all of their transactions, I figured you would have this information ready and available to stick it to me where it hurts....
Old 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond

Flame away friends...
well put

You know, you do have to option to NOT read/watch ZPI related threads and videos....Just thought I would throw that out there for you...
Old 02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
SL Member

Amen. these ZPI and other company hate threads need to stop.

I would rather have quicker response on the xB over later spool. It is just an xB people. Not some supercar capable of beating every other car on the road. It makes the box peppier and fun to drive. Plus you can surprise a few doubters of Scion products with a nice kit that will leave them with their jaws dropped.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Flame away friends...
well put

You know, you do have to option to NOT read/watch ZPI related threads and videos....Just thought I would throw that out there for you...
FYI in case you did not read the title to this thread ...it is not a ZPI thread

I don't even know why anyone even bothers to discuss ZPI here since there is not one retail sold kit that we have ever heard of to this point installed and running on a car...Also this is an XB thread....I just wanted to throw that out to you as you are not an XB owner and do not like our opinions here why do you come here to the XB forum? You could stay in TC section and maybe not be so angry.....
Old 02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Flame away friends...
well put

I don't even know why anyone even bothers to discuss ZPI here since there is not one retail sold kit that we have ever heard of to this point installed and running on a car...Also this is an XB thread....I just wanted to throw that out to you as you are not an XB owner and do not like our opinions here why do you come here to the XB forum? You could stay in TC section and maybe not be so angry.....
That's like telling you to stay out of the F/I section because you don't have a turbo....

FYI....I didn't bring up ZPI first did I? It gets brought up by other people before I ever even came in this thread...

And I'm over here, because I want to see what the xB guys are doing. Seeing if anyone is pushing the limits or not. But if you are going to make idiotic post, I'm going to call you out on it, whether its ZPI related or not.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Flame away friends...
well put

That's like telling you to stay out of the F/I section because you don't have a turbo....

FYI....I didn't bring up ZPI first did I? It gets brought up by other people before I ever even came in this thread...

And I'm over here, because I want to see what the xB guys are doing. Seeing if anyone is pushing the limits or not. But if you are going to make idiotic post, I'm going to call you out on it, whether its ZPI related or not.
whatever go on being a fanboy.....
why does this stuff make you so angry? have you considered getting some help?
see what XB guys are doing? Actually all you seem to ever do attack anyone who don't agree with your views... nice job doing that btw....very productive....

Quick Reply: best turbo kit for xB specificly and what else is needed?