Notices

best turbo kit for xB specificly and what else is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by RTon20s
Same mounting place? So what? Seriously, I am getting sick of all of these people on here making excuses for ZPI and their blatant misleading of the public. There, I said it. Exactly what everyone has been wanting me to say on here... forever.

Do I really mean all of that? No, not to the extent you all probably hope I do. I have less issue with ZPI than I do with those that jump in on these forums and post up information that they know is nothing more than half truths and misleading. ZPI is busy doing product development, and fixing cars. I suppose I can give them a pass for not keeping their website up to date.

At least they aren't coming in here and making excuses for the fact that the dyno runs they have on their site share nothing in common with the kits they are selling other than the fact that they are being developed by the same company.

If you want to support ZPI fine. If you want to promote their products fine. I could really care less about that. I am actually anxious to see their production kits to hit the streets and the dynos. Exciting times for Scions are on the horizon.

I am just sick of people coming in her speaking half truths and making baseless claims.

Flame away friends...
well put

You know, you do have to option to NOT read/watch ZPI related threads and videos....Just thought I would throw that out there for you...
FYI in case you did not read the title to this thread ...it is not a ZPI thread

I don't even know why anyone even bothers to discuss ZPI here since there is not one retail sold kit that we have ever heard of to this point installed and running on a car...Also this is an XB thread....I just wanted to throw that out to you as you are not an XB owner and do not like our opinions here why do you come here to the XB forum? You could stay in TC section and maybe not be so angry.....
That's like telling you to stay out of the F/I section because you don't have a turbo....

FYI....I didn't bring up ZPI first did I? It gets brought up by other people before I ever even came in this thread...

And I'm over here, because I want to see what the xB guys are doing. Seeing if anyone is pushing the limits or not. But if you are going to make idiotic post, I'm going to call you out on it, whether its ZPI related or not.
whatever go on being a fanboy.....
why does this stuff make you so angry? have you considered getting some help?
see what XB guys are doing? Actually all you seem to ever do attack anyone who don't agree with your views... nice job doing that btw....very productive....

Nope, just think some people need to be beat over the head with a "Common Sense Stick"....Attack...HAHAA...I don't start crap dude, I just finish it.

PS.....When you getting a turbo...
Old 02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Same mounting place? So what? Seriously, I am getting sick of all of these people on here making excuses for ZPI and their blatant misleading of the public. There, I said it. Exactly what everyone has been wanting me to say on here... forever.

Do I really mean all of that? No, not to the extent you all probably hope I do. I have less issue with ZPI than I do with those that jump in on these forums and post up information that they know is nothing more than half truths and misleading. ZPI is busy doing product development, and fixing cars. I suppose I can give them a pass for not keeping their website up to date.

At least they aren't coming in here and making excuses for the fact that the dyno runs they have on their site share nothing in common with the kits they are selling other than the fact that they are being developed by the same company.

If you want to support ZPI fine. If you want to promote their products fine. I could really care less about that. I am actually anxious to see their production kits to hit the streets and the dynos. Exciting times for Scions are on the horizon.

I am just sick of people coming in her speaking half truths and making baseless claims.

Flame away friends...
well put

You know, you do have to option to NOT read/watch ZPI related threads and videos....Just thought I would throw that out there for you...
FYI in case you did not read the title to this thread ...it is not a ZPI thread

I don't even know why anyone even bothers to discuss ZPI here since there is not one retail sold kit that we have ever heard of to this point installed and running on a car...Also this is an XB thread....I just wanted to throw that out to you as you are not an XB owner and do not like our opinions here why do you come here to the XB forum? You could stay in TC section and maybe not be so angry.....
That's like telling you to stay out of the F/I section because you don't have a turbo....

FYI....I didn't bring up ZPI first did I? It gets brought up by other people before I ever even came in this thread...

And I'm over here, because I want to see what the xB guys are doing. Seeing if anyone is pushing the limits or not. But if you are going to make idiotic post, I'm going to call you out on it, whether its ZPI related or not.
whatever go on being a fanboy.....
why does this stuff make you so angry? have you considered getting some help?
see what XB guys are doing? Actually all you seem to ever do attack anyone who don't agree with your views... nice job doing that btw....very productive....

Nope, just think some people need to be beat over the head with a "Common Sense Stick"....Attack...HAHAA...I don't start crap dude, I just finish it.

PS.....When you getting a turbo...
like I said
PS I could have one any time I want.....I choose not to have... I have other cars to go fast right now....probably would have gotten the ZPI kit a long time ago if they could have delivered as it looked promising......
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^whatever you say bro.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I swear, the ZPI sheep are becoming the joke of the forced induction forum. I have never once brought ZPI up first. But when one of ZPI's sheep jumps in and starts boasting over dyno numbers, yes, I do speak up.

And now it looks like the sheep have to find a new tactic. The dyno numbers boasting isn't working for them any more. Mislead! Redirect! Hurry, try to talk big and bad before the noobies can catch on! Quickly, pull the wool back over their eyes!

Seriously, it is getting ridiculous.

And no rythmnsmoke, I can't give you a list of individuals who have backed out of deals with ZPI. I figured you would be much better suited to come up with that list. You seem to know everything there is to know about ZPI's dealings. I mean, you sure did educate me with your ranting. To be honest, ZPI could fix most of their image problems with one simple action. Deliver on their promises. Whether a spoken/written promise, or the implied promise of information on their website.

And as fed up as I am with the b.s. that continues to fly in this forum, I am going to stick around. I am going to read and learn. I am going to continue to contribute where I can. I am going to continue to develop relationships with reputable and respectable individuals and vendors.

And I am sorry if it upsets you that I can not join your fold. Some of us actually try to do thorough research of our own, use deductive reasoning, and form our own opinions.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I swear, the ZPI sheep are becoming the joke of the forced induction forum. I have never once brought ZPI up first. But when one of ZPI's sheep jumps in and starts boasting over dyno numbers, yes, I do speak up.

And now it looks like the sheep have to find a new tactic. The dyno numbers boasting isn't working for them any more. Mislead! Redirect! Hurry, try to talk big and bad before the noobies can catch on! Quickly, pull the wool back over their eyes!

And no rythmnsmoke, I can't give you a list of individuals who have backed out of deals with ZPI. I figured you would be much better suited to come up with that list. You seem to know everything there is to know about ZPI's dealings. I mean, you sure did educate me with your ranting. To be honest, ZPI could fix most of their image problems with one simple action. Deliver on their promises. Whether a spoken/written promise, or the implied promise of information on their website.

And as fed up as I am with the b.s. that continues to fly in this forum, I am going to stick around. I am going to read and learn. I am going to continue to contribute where I can. I am going to continue to develop relationships with reputable and respectable individuals and vendors.

And I am sorry if it upsets you that I can not join your fold. Some of us actually try to do thorough research of our own, use deductive reasoning, and form our own opinions.

I don't play the dyno game, so I hope you wasn't implying that I do that.

Day in and day out, I beat on this car. When I can step out every Sat. night, and walk on

Evo MR's
STI's
350Z's
RB/SR20 240sx's

and the like....you damn right I'm going to back up my kit and who I got it from. If you gave up on ZPI just because you had to wait a little longer than you would have to get a GReddy kit....I guess you get what you pay for..

PS...I don't post up dyno #'s, I post up race vids.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest, I was VERY exctited when ZPI first started posting up about their kit. I had high hopes for what they were trying to do. That hope and admiration quickly went away. And it had very little with how long it is taking ZPI to get the kit to market. And it would have absolutely nothing to do with how long it is taking them to get the kit to market if they hadn't been treating the kit as if it were ready to ship for months.

And no, I am not currently considering a Greddy kit. Or I guess I can't say not considering. It is very low on my list of options. Somewhere above ZPI. The only way that would change any time soon is if Greddy were to actually get the turbo kit CARB certified.

Until then all of my considerations will be leaning toward custom built kits, as well as kits from other manufacturers.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^So, why don't you concentrate your efforts in custom making a kit then arguing about how they changed the turbo, because of a decision based on Research and Development?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

This kind of thing happens in every F/I post that talks about the turbo companies....so in all seriousness....maybe the Scionlife heads....could contact one of the magazines and have them do a boost off or something....get a tC or an xB, then get a turbo kit from the companies that want to participate....let the magazines install them using the intructions provide...let them tune it....then give results on perfomance...installation, fit and function. and then maybe those who believe that every dyno run or video is somehow tampered with will have a fairly unbiased comparison. This might be a heck of a lot better than every single thread that someone asks for turbo kit info turns into a huge slam/_____ fest.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why is the Greddy kit low on people's lists? just wondering.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
why is the Greddy kit low on people's lists? just wondering.
I believe the Greddys have had a few issues with wastegates sticking....
Old 02-10-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i didnt know that, i can tell you i havent had any problems yet though. Runs like a factory turbo setup. and there is plenty of more power potential. very mild tune out of the box, but still awsome.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
ok i didnt know that, i can tell you i havent had any problems yet though. Runs like a factory turbo setup. and there is plenty of more power potential. very mild tune out of the box, but still awsome.
Hey I have yet to see a blown xA do you have any pictures of your setup???
Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't play the dyno game, so I hope you wasn't implying that I do that.

Day in and day out, I beat on this car. When I can step out every Sat. night, and walk on

Evo MR's
STI's
350Z's
RB/SR20 240sx's

and the like....you damn right I'm going to back up my kit and who I got it from. If you gave up on ZPI just because you had to wait a little longer than you would have to get a GReddy kit....I guess you get what you pay for..

PS...I don't post up dyno #'s, I post up race vids.
Well if $2999 is nothing to you, then you'll be fine. Cuz that's exactly what you'll get if you pay ZPI for a XB kit...NOTHING.
This is why I settled for a Greddy Kit - pay for it today, get it in a couple of days. If I had more cash, I would have gone with the TurboToyota kit - at least Todd can deliver on his goods.
I don't blame you for supporting ZPI - they delivered when it came to the TC kit. But because you drive a TC, it's hard for you to see an XB owner's point of view on the ZPI situation.
Patience may be virtue for some, but it's a slap in the face when you've been waiting for something for so long, then told that its available, only to find out that it's not. ZPI should at least correct the information on their site so that people don't get the wrong idea.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC owners should be banned from the xB section. All they bring in here is a load of hot air and some b.s. on a plate.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by pandaslayer
tC owners should be banned from the xB section. All they bring in here is a load of hot air and some b.s. on a plate.
Ok it was bad enough to have a b@tch fest about the companies...but now you want to discriminate within the Scion community based on what Scion you own? Are you kidding me.......is there ever ANY logical thinking on SL anymore?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've looked on the tC section, and there's only _____ing, and negative attitude.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't we all just get along ROTFLMAO
Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pandaslayer
I've looked on the tC section, and there's only _____ing, and negative attitude.
Sounds like every Forum I have ever been on... including this one and this precious xB Forum... What do you expect when you get thousands of people together in one place..

Saying tC owners shouldnt be allowed on the xB forums.. is like saying Texas people shouldnt be allowed on Scionlife at all.. its' rediculos... The tC F/I section is way more advanced then the xB/xA section is.. So you may want to take a little knowledge from those guys.. they are light years ahead in there platform of car than the boxes and eggs are..
Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="KllrB"]

I would have gone with the TurboToyota kit - at least Todd can deliver on his goods.
[quote]

on a positive note my kit will be here tomorrow and i ordered it within a week

ZPI< TurboToyotas