Notices

The End of Blown_xa

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

YOOHOO!!! Good to see your back buddy!!

Now about being the fastest xA alive... Im coming after you, if i haven't passed you already, hahaha

When you left your car in the shop so did i and it came back with about 80WHP more. I know your turbo, but im coming after you with my GT25R.

Give me your dyno numbers lets compare. How fast have you been the quarter mile?? I still haven't taken mine to the strip but, im just curious to see how fast a turbo xA can pull down the line.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I havent taken it with the current set-up and tune @10psi so I dont know what it will run. I'm guessing 14.5. at 7.5 psi i pulled a 14.7 . PSI is really irrelivent though because my turbo is small. Bigger turbo, same boost, more power.

Of coarse my old setup was the fastest, but it was on the edge. Blitz Charger with 35 shot, that is the time you see in my signature.
I don't really like to talk about hp #'s cause they don't mean anything to me. Shops can calibrate their dyno how they want to, and most do.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great news. Your care is home.... Party time???
Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

maybe you should trade up for a tC
Old 01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like being the underdog, no way. I like beating up on tC's too much
Old 01-27-2008, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
HAHAHA!! I feel you, i love killing those cocky tC's...

Even though shops calibrate their dyno's to what they like, you haven't taken your car to the dyno?? I mean at 10PSi you have never tuned your car??

What turbo you running???

Anything under 15 seconds is 140+ WHP, easy...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JSosa

Even though shops calibrate their dyno's to what they like, you haven't taken your car to the dyno?? I mean at 10PSi you have never tuned your car??

actually it spend the better part of a whole day on the dyno right before the time attack. stock # on the dyno I was on is 86whp, i put down 133whp, 147 tq. when I ran a 14.7 i was around 124 whp I think. The dyno I go to is one of 2 in the country and it is a $100,000 dyno and is dead on. I've been on other dynos and read as high as 164whp... now you see why I say dyno #'s don't mean anything to me.

I have a Greddy T035 turbo.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is for my buddy brandon... who has the fastest xA

To be fare at this time he does... you both had plenty of runs against eachother and he came out on top... it doesn't mean you can't build your car to go faster... just at the this time the Summer camp out proved who was who...

Brandon... First place

Blown xA....2nd Place

build then prove.... not the fastest yet but your on your way... I hope you do build the xA to the next level !!! keep up the good work
Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by JSosa

actually it spend the better part of a whole day on the dyno right before the time attack. stock # on the dyno I was on is 86whp, i put down 133whp, 147 tq. when I ran a 14.7 i was around 124 whp I think. The dyno I go to is one of 2 in the country and it is a $100,000 dyno and is dead on. I've been on other dynos and read as high as 164whp... now you see why I say dyno #'s don't mean anything to me.

I have a Greddy T035 turbo.
thats the dyno i have to get on... I think the dyno i put my car on was being a little optimistic (to say the least), i think its pretty much BS that my car has pulled the kind of power it did, but what can i do??

Im going to try another dyno to see the kind of power i pull off, and if there is any discrepancy in between both dynos than i will know if its an optimistic dyno or did i really put those numbers down.

I seriously cant believe that 171WHP @ 7PSI is true, it seems WAY to magical!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Glad to hear the xA is back, guess you didn't pick up the xD then? Can you PM me the nitrous setup you had with the s/c? I'm specifically looking for:

- Boost number for Blitz charger
- engine management or a/f r used
- nitrous kit used
- nitrous injection method (wet / dry, entry port location)

It's tax return time and I'm looking to add to my current setup but don't want to push to the limit of engine failure. I'm looking at:

- Greddy s/c, eManage blue, PTuning tune
- tC injectors
- Perrin rail
- Nytrex wet kit installed in Perrin rail (wet)

I'm currently running a flat 11.6 A/FR across the RPM band. I'd like to go to 35 since it seems difficult to accurately calibrate a much smaller shot withut pooling. I'm trying to pick up an extra motor for ~$500 just in case.

For those interested, the Greddy s/c alone makes 114 whp on the PTuning dyno, 30 HP over stock or 33% increase over stock. It wasn't tuned with the upgraded injectors for safe runs until after race season, so no 1/4 yet, the stock map is very lean, especially when coupled with a high flow exhaust.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dyno numbers work with percentages.
Everything effects the dyno result, the oil, oil temp, water temp, weather, fuel, fuel temp, what kind of air you have available to the engine, there's more but you can see where this is going.
Get the delta - do a mod - see what you did. The dyno is a tool not something to validate hard numbers.
Don't get me wrong, a dyno sheet can be quite usefull for a mod you are looking at, but don't take those numbers to heart.
The constant, 80% of the time, is the percentage. As in the previous post - vettereddi - Greddy SC -notes a 33% increase over stock which is quite accurate for this app.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Drake
this is for my buddy brandon... who has the fastest xA

To be fare at this time he does... you both had plenty of runs against eachother and he came out on top... it doesn't mean you can't build your car to go faster... just at the this time the Summer camp out proved who was who...

Brandon... First place

Blown xA....2nd Place

build then prove.... not the fastest yet but your on your way... I hope you do build the xA to the next level !!! keep up the good work
yes that was a fun day. On that day he ran .003 sec faster than me. Not gonna argue that. At that time I was untuned and still at 116whp, so that was not a day to brag about on my behalf as the times were super slow. They were far from record paced runs though. I still got that record timeslip. At least somebody stepped up
Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Glad to hear the xA is back, guess you didn't pick up the xD then? Can you PM me the nitrous setup you had with the s/c? I'm specifically looking for:

- Boost number for Blitz charger
- engine management or a/f r used
- nitrous kit used
- nitrous injection method (wet / dry, entry port location)

It's tax return time and I'm looking to add to my current setup but don't want to push to the limit of engine failure. I'm looking at:

- Greddy s/c, eManage blue, PTuning tune
- tC injectors
- Perrin rail
- Nytrex wet kit installed in Perrin rail (wet)

I'm currently running a flat 11.6 A/FR across the RPM band. I'd like to go to 35 since it seems difficult to accurately calibrate a much smaller shot withut pooling. I'm trying to pick up an extra motor for ~$500 just in case.

For those interested, the Greddy s/c alone makes 114 whp on the PTuning dyno, 30 HP over stock or 33% increase over stock. It wasn't tuned with the upgraded injectors for safe runs until after race season, so no 1/4 yet, the stock map is very lean, especially when coupled with a high flow exhaust.
I went ahead and got the xD also.
I had a peiced together n20 kit it started as a cry02 sprayer and i converted it to a wet shot nitrous kit, I would sugest the Zex Wet kit. I'll have to get back to you on the jet sizes it's been a while. My air-fuels were dangerous and in the 13's so I would not do that. I set up Viet's xB and put the correct size fuel jet (oversized) and the af's are in the 11's and his will run all day on that set-up. The boost i was seeing with the Blitz was 9-10psi along with the 35 shot. Our cars are really AF sensitive and running just a little lean unleshes a ton of power, that's why I ran so fast with that set-up, I don't know how I never detonated with that particular set-up. That's why I'm confident my record will stay because my set-up was so on the edge it would take ***** to duplicate it. Run a 20 shot, with oversized fuel jet. Ill get back to u with the sizes.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With your AF in the 13s, what was the EGT?

The leaner you can run the more power you can make, more power = more heat. You would be suprised how high the AF is in the OE 1500 at cruse....... 11.6 is pretty much the accepted AF for street & reliability. Drag racing is different, much like AutoX, where it's a short time thrash, you're looking at how much temp can it stand without going bang. The EGT will tell the story. This is why I'd be interested in what your EGT looked like.
AND what evil plans do you have for your new XD???
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will consider getting an EGT gauge on my xA now because I believe there is much more to be had with my current set-up and the Methanol injection probably decreases the EGT drastically.
My xD i want to keep as the daily driver, I have springs and rear sway , and plan to get some nice wheels but that's it.
On the other hand.. that's also what I first said about my xA, LOL
Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

god damn... lol. i thought you were gone completely
Old 01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Methanol injection probably decreases the EGT drastically. " It does & here is the best of the least expensive high presure kits.

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=6

I hear the same words I have said to my wife......... about every vehicle we have ever owned... "I'm jus gonna put some wheels on it"
Old 01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea that's the kit on my car now. tuned with it already but i believe there is more to be had
Old 01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All you need now is to know how much heat you are making.
The meth is 100 oct. Can you tell me what the ratio you are using? 20% works pretty well 10 is good for DD. When it gets warm enough I want to try 100%, 50% anyway. The upstream o2 won't see that 20% & since the exhaust is cooler the ECU won't pull as much timming = GOOD.
You'll find more!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

glad to see you got your xA back up and running, really enjoyed seeing it at events like etown this past season and looking forward to seeing it again this upcoming season. good luck with the xD as well

Quick Reply: The End of Blown_xa