5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

this motor 18psi. are you high? that's crazy if it doesnt blow up through the hood.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know alot about the car world but in the motorcycle world
the carrillo rods are used in alot of drag turbo Busas and GSXR1000's
if any thing could withstand the 18psi boost its the forged carrillo
rods. now you might have other failures, but its not going to be the rods or pistons.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any motor can take boost, specially if your going to change everything from stock. It's more then possible if your doing that.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the carillo rods are the original H beam rod. These are the best rods can get if you're money is right. The supra guys swear by carillos

also, the TRD ring gear and pinion set lowers your final drive ratio...which in turn will slow down your acceleration. That would suck badly
Old 03-20-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have info on piston and rods for 1nz-fe just go to www.importperformanceparts.net go to the HP engine kits toyota then scroll to 1nz-fe. Kit includes--complete gasket set.--performance MLS head gasket--Ross or wiseco forged pistons in the stock [75mm or 75.5 or76mm]and in [8.5/9/9.5/10] comp ratio.--Plasma moly rings--TOGA Hp main bearings--TOGA Hprod bearings--and Thrust washers. kit goes for 969.00. For rod pricing Email them at info@importperformanceparts.net
Old 03-20-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

you might also be intrested in the EL prototypes block guard
Old 03-21-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

contact Wil at www.exospeed.com for carillo and arias pistons. He is a master distributor for both
Old 03-21-2006, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by black2doorecho1nz
I have info on piston and rods for 1nz-fe just go to www.importperformanceparts.net go to the HP engine kits toyota then scroll to 1nz-fe. Kit includes--complete gasket set.--performance MLS head gasket--Ross or wiseco forged pistons in the stock [75mm or 75.5 or76mm]and in [8.5/9/9.5/10] comp ratio.--Plasma moly rings--TOGA Hp main bearings--TOGA Hprod bearings--and Thrust washers. kit goes for 969.00. For rod pricing Email them at info@importperformanceparts.net
those might look like a winner when it comes to an affordable forged internal set safe enough to run some extra pounds of boost. you get about everything you need for under a grand. just ogtta disassemble the engie and get all the goodies in
Old 03-21-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

On the fuel delivery side of forced induction check out the synapse engineering SYNCHRONIC F.P.R. it has adjustable boost dependent ratio from 1:1 to 12:1 and adjusts static pressure from 16psi up. They have returnless applications in development .They also have universal one's for anyone adding a return line. I belive this will help solve some of the fuel delivery issues attributed to bad computer tuning. For larger injector's turn the static pressure down so as not to throw those D.T.C.'s from running ritch at low speed. Very flexable tuning tool but for best results it's a good idea to use a wide band A/F ratio meter for fine tuning.www.synapseengineering.com
Old 01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i live for the bump... since this topic seems to be propping back up, why not...
Old 01-09-2007, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PWXBnMN
the carillo rods are the original H beam rod. These are the best rods can get if you're money is right. The supra guys swear by carillos

also, the TRD ring gear and pinion set lowers your final drive ratio...which in turn will slow down your acceleration. That would suck badly
The ratios at the min are kind of usless, in first it only lasts about 2 seconds and with small wheels and short ratios, wheel spin and hop becomes a problem, making the short gearing usless as you dont get the most out of it, i feel.

when the turbo goes on the car will have lots of power and make the short ratios even more usless, so thats why i went for the longer TRD ones, to try and get more pulling time out of them. its not like they are hugely different. so i wont even notice it as i will have made the car more powerfull and in the end get more use of the power.

a quick update. The Arias pistons i got were just a little to small for a used block. they would only be good on a practically brand new block with no wear, i dunno why Arias didnt make them a little oversized.

Any way i had to get 4 custom made liners for the block. and the engine should have begun to get built but the mechanic dropped on of the liners and broke it

this was just before christmas, so with the holiday period and new year lazy syndrome the new liner has still not arrived yet. once that comes things can start again.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone is interested.

http://raceprecision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51
Old 08-04-2007, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

finally, i just started building my old motor (1nz)

finding things here and there

does anyone know the cam specs of if someone makes cams for the 1nz yet? pm me if you know of conecting rods, sleaves, cranks. ect...

i hear that 1nz can push a good amount but everyone is telling me the block cant take it. if this is so imma swap, something good =] probly be the 1st one here in the states to do it
Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Making 200 at the wheels is quite a feat for these 1500s, I applaud your effort.
The internals you have is a great start. After the rods & pistons, where are you wanting to go?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by julioxcorexA
finally, i just started building my old motor (1nz)

finding things here and there

does anyone know the cam specs of if someone makes cams for the 1nz yet? pm me if you know of conecting rods, sleaves, cranks. ect...

i hear that 1nz can push a good amount but everyone is telling me the block cant take it. if this is so imma swap, something good =] probly be the 1st one here in the states to do it
everything is custom order for our cars.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dmmit, I wish these had an iron block. I make 450+ at the wheels in my 1.6 isuzu motor. I'd LOOOVVVEEE to see that in my xa!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Dang. I was hoping at least some things were made for this engine.

Also

If you guys know anyone that has built this motor. Pm me there info I want to know what they did. Didn't do, what they got out of it. Ect....

If nothin else works imma swap

That's my last resort
Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Also

If you guys know anyone that has built this motor. Pm me there info I want to know what they did. Didn't do, what they got out of it. Ect....

That's my last resort
Old 08-21-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by julioxcorexA

Also

That's my last resort
I built my motor. We have had parts available for this engine for some time. People are just not willing to pay for them.

Quick Reply: Forged pistons and Connecting rods for 1NZ-FE