Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006 | 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know that there is a formula for horsepower:

horsepower = rpm x torque / 5252

But I wouldn't of thought that the hp and tq lines cross at 5252rpms. So I looked into it. I fount a honda site with a bunch of dyno charts on it.

http://www.hondata.com/dynocharts.html

Most, but not all of these charts cross at 5252rpms. I would of never of thunk it.
Old 07-13-2006 | 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are a few that do not cross at 5252 rpms:
http://www.hondata.com/dynolsvtec647whp.html
http://www.hondata.com/dynok20a2cybernationstg1.html
http://www.hondata.com/dynok20a2guardian.html
http://www.hondata.com/dynojerry_import_builders.html

Here is one that crosses more than once:
http://www.hondata.com/dyno98typer.html

And here are a few that do cross at 5252:
http://www.hondata.com/dyno00typer.html
http://www.hondata.com/dynoramair.html
http://www.hondata.com/dynogsrturborocky.html
http://www.hondata.com/dynoericksracinggm.html

Just my $.02
Old 07-13-2006 | 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, of those ones that you claim don't cross at 5252, only one of them doesn't. The one that crosses more than once is a power vs power graph, so we have no idea if the torque crosses or not. Still not exactly sure why the dyno on that first one doesn't cross at 5252, though. It should, as 5252*whatever/5252=whatever...
Old 07-13-2006 | 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My bad... I just started looking for charts that didn't cross at 5252.
Old 07-13-2006 | 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I found out the problem. There is an option on the software called "Force Scaling" that someone here turned off. Without that the graphs will not cross at 5252 because the dyno will plot the two numbers on its own and not relative to eachother. The other thing that could cause it not to cross at that point would be the clutch. It doesnt seem to be slipping but it could be a possibility since I am only running the stage 1 clutch.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-13-2006 | 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rollhard did you get your new injectors in yet?
Old 07-13-2006 | 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rollhard
Ok, I found out the problem. There is an option on the software called "Force Scaling" that someone here turned off. Without that the graphs will not cross at 5252 because the dyno will plot the two numbers on its own and not relative to eachother. The other thing that could cause it not to cross at that point would be the clutch. It doesnt seem to be slipping but it could be a possibility since I am only running the stage 1 clutch.

Thanks for the heads up!
Let me know if it is the clutch or not. B/C if it is, I need to change my plans on the parts I am going to get.
Old 07-14-2006 | 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Rollhard did you get your new injectors in yet?
Injectors are sitting here on my desk. Im debating whether to send them in to get cleaned, etc. The owner said they were working fine, but you know how that goes.

Evlstr, I wont rule out the clutch. When I drive it, it doesnt seem to be slipping at all. I will dyno the car again before the injector and pulley install. This time, Ill be sure to have the force scaling feature on so they cross at 5252

oh yeah btw, perrin fuel rail is on its way too. The only fuel mods I will do now is the rail and the injectors. Once I run the car again and see how the fuel is at about 8-9psi, I will let everyone know. If our stock fuel pump puts enough fuel out for that, it would save you guys time and money installing an upgraded one as it wont be necessary. As of right now, Im not running lean on stock injectors. Im upgrading the injectors because the Greddy Emanage is increasing duty cycle by over 60%.
Old 07-22-2006 | 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am interested in getting the greddy turbo as well..few questions for fellows that have the kit..

1. how much did it cost for you to install this baby?
2. Do you need to get anything else besides the kit?
3. Any problems with the kit?
Old 07-24-2006 | 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by punksterz626
I am interested in getting the greddy turbo as well..few questions for fellows that have the kit..

1. how much did it cost for you to install this baby?
2. Do you need to get anything else besides the kit?
3. Any problems with the kit?
check out this link http://smoothlinezforums.com/viewforum.php?f=6

the kit installed, etc should cost you under $3k. No problems with the kit at all. The only issue we have is the stock ecu.
Old 07-24-2006 | 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The numbers always cross. The one's that don't on the graph have the exact same number at 5252, you will notice it says HP on one side and TQ on the other, the scales for the numbers are different, thus they do not 'line up' but they will always cross, regardless of 'clutch slip'. The point at 5252 will always equate out to the same number.
Old 07-24-2006 | 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BoogieQ
The numbers always cross. The one's that don't on the graph have the exact same number at 5252, you will notice it says HP on one side and TQ on the other, the scales for the numbers are different, thus they do not 'line up' but they will always cross, regardless of 'clutch slip'. The point at 5252 will always equate out to the same number.
Yeah I know. The problem was fixed. There is an option on the Dyno software called "Force Scaling". That was off. It needs to be on. When I talked to tech support at Synojet they said that the dyno actually samples the two on two separate scales,...the force scaling just puts them together relatively on the graph.
Old 07-31-2006 | 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know. The problem was fixed. There is an option on the Dyno software called "Force Scaling". That was off. It needs to be on. When I talked to tech support at Synojet they said that the dyno actually samples the two on two separate scales,...the force scaling just puts them together relatively on the graph.
The dyno does not sample hp and trq seperately. It measures torque and does the calculations to convert the torque numbers to hp(via rpm and trq). Why don't you send the dyno file to vaio76109 at yahoo dot com?
Old 07-31-2006 | 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Freudenfahrer
The dyno does not sample hp and trq seperately. It measures torque and does the calculations to convert the torque numbers to hp(via rpm and trq). Why don't you send the dyno file to vaio76109 at yahoo dot com?
Why do I need to send the file to anyone? I dyno'd 16 cars on my dyno since then and all have crossed at 5252. In fact, some people know that I installed injectors, pulley, etc for a demonstration so I wanted to see what a stock turbo car would do. Took the Magnaflow exhaust off and dynoed again on Friday. This time with FS option on.
Old 07-31-2006 | 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet numbers. if someone could project the stock xB dyno chart onto this one, that would be an awesome technical comparison. cheers rollhard .
Old 07-31-2006 | 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do I need to send the file to anyone?
Because your explanation for why the first dyno was incorrect makes no sense. The graphs are using the same scale, so obviously that's not the problem.
Old 07-31-2006 | 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do I need to send the file to anyone?
Because your explanation for why the first dyno was incorrect makes no sense. The graphs are using the same scale, so obviously that's not the problem.
I called Dynojet and that is what they told me. That they wont put them on the same scale with out the FS option on. Call them yourself. Why is it even an issue for you? I did what they told me and now it crosses at 5252. What is the problem now?
Old 07-31-2006 | 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem is I think you're using a fake dyno (the original post, not the new one), and you could simply prove it was real by emailing the file to vaio76109 at yahoo dot com
Old 07-31-2006 | 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The problem is I think you're using a fake dyno (the original post, not the new one), and you could simply prove it was real by emailing the file to vaio76109 at yahoo dot com
LMAO now I have a fake dyno? Anyone who wants can come here and watch me dyno. If you think my dyno was a fake, why not just say so from the beginning? I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone as I am not trying to sell anything at all. So, for someone to call me a liar or say im using fake dyno charts or runs, ....well i really dont care. LOL.

BTW for those who want to know. Back on the dyno and the CEL kicked in. The car actually makes more power (for me that is) with the CEL on. I was able to rev it to 6700 rpm before it cut.
Old 07-31-2006 | 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll let you know Freudenfahrer. I should be checking out his fake dyno and imaginary xB next Friday when I am out that way.

Hey Rollhard... any chance you would want to do a complimentary dyno run on a pre-production cat-back? It will be installed on the wife's xB when we come through there.

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2