Notices

Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006 | 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
I'll let you know Freudenfahrer. I should be checking out his fake dyno and imaginary xB next Friday when I am out that way.

Hey Rollhard... any chance you would want to do a complimentary dyno run on a pre-production cat-back? It will be installed on the wife's xB when we come through there.
Well, its really not up to me. I am sure I can give you a discount but I dont know about free. Sorry.

If the dyno police wants the file here be it. www.raceprecision.com/XBT_EWAY_072006.drf
Old 07-31-2006 | 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is a screen shot.
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is some more fun info for you guys.

Thats the additional injector map that comes with the Greddy kit. If you look at the correction values, they range from all kinds of %s at low and high throttle. I think that is what caused the "jagged" graph.
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice numbers, close hp and torque, i like that cuz it's a lot more practical in terms of street and everyday driving. so this is after extensive tuning sessions i'm assuming ? anyway, i hope that when i can save up enough funds, i'll do a greddy turbo ... when the box will prob have around 45K >_< (is that alright btw ? to do a boost so late in the life of the engine ?)
Old 08-01-2006 | 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by evosky
nice numbers, close hp and torque, i like that cuz it's a lot more practical in terms of street and everyday driving. so this is after extensive tuning sessions i'm assuming ? anyway, i hope that when i can save up enough funds, i'll do a greddy turbo ... when the box will prob have around 45K >_< (is that alright btw ? to do a boost so late in the life of the engine ?)
Take care of your engine now and it will last you a long time. Just make sure you do things right and you will be rewarded later on. There are a lot of people who take "short cuts" etc and it will come back to bite you later on. $45k should be no problem since Im coming up to 40k already. Haha, yes, I drive my car a LOT.
Old 08-01-2006 | 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't actually expect a free dyno run. I was just messing with you. When we get the cat-back installed the manufacturer is supposed to be taking it to a dyno facility to see what it does. It would be interesting to see the difference between a manufacturer's dyno run and an independent dyno run under pretty similar conditions and within a day or two of each other.

My wife and I do plan on coming by your shop to check it out though. And I would love to go for a ride in your boosted xB if you get all of the fuel issues worked out.
Old 08-01-2006 | 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
I didn't actually expect a free dyno run. I was just messing with you. When we get the cat-back installed the manufacturer is supposed to be taking it to a dyno facility to see what it does. It would be interesting to see the difference between a manufacturer's dyno run and an independent dyno run under pretty similar conditions and within a day or two of each other.

My wife and I do plan on coming by your shop to check it out though. And I would love to go for a ride in your boosted xB if you get all of the fuel issues worked out.
Ill see what I can do for you as far as the dyno run My car runs and I still drive it daily despite the fuel issues. Its a tad rich and I think the restrictive cat is affecting my top end power. Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 08-01-2006 | 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rollhard
here is a screen shot.
I'm pretty sure you know where this is going....

HAHA, are you kidding me? That's not even the same dyno! Look at the peak numbers(which could be off if you're using different correction factor), they're different. Look at where the 2 dynos start, different too. Look how the hp tapers off on the orginal dyno...

You keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper. All you have to do to prove me wrong is email the original dyno file to vaio76109 at yahoo dot com. However, your last several replies have shown to me that you don't want to do that cuz you'd be caught red handed then

It's really a sad day when you have to lie to make 140whp.
Old 08-02-2006 | 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously, do you have some kind of problem? Are you making no power that you are buggin the hell out of me about this damn file? I never said it was the same file. I couldnt find that damn file so I posted one of the runs I did find. It's 2whp off. If that bothers you then Im sorry.

Originally Posted by Freudenfahrer
Nobody is lying about anything. I posted a dyno without the force scaling option. Your dyno pro friend should know wth that is if he has a dyno jet or runs winpep v.7.0. I have nothing to prove to you or your friend. Its a waste of time to even answer these. For me to dig up one of my runs and post it online for anyone to download, and now you are crying about a 2whp difference? LMAO

BTW, where do you come with that not being the same dyno? I have one here why the hell would I go elsewhere and pay to do it? GG

Since I didnt post the 141whp file would it shut you up if I changed my sig to 139? I hope the 2whp difference gets you wet.
Old 08-02-2006 | 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Next on the Discovery Channel: When 19yr olds accuse....

www.raceprecision.com/XB_turbo_dyno_3.drf

Theres the file. I dont even want to waste time emailing it to a professional tuner who uses yahoo mail.

Dyno run was on:

- Magnaflow catback (must hack the stock piping)
- Lots of Emanage tuning (3 hours) - additional injector corrections
- rpm cut off disabled
- even more EManage tuning
- Greddy turbo kit .5 bar or about 7.25 psi
- Greddy front mount intercooler
- NGK iridium plugs (1 step colder)

I think that was about it for that run.

Car ran 11.2-12.5 afr until about 48-5k rpm then it got leaner to 13-13.2 hence why I upgrade the injectors.

Oh yeah, here is something for the dyno police to look at: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122609
same boost, rich and 44whp more....
Old 08-02-2006 | 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is a screen shot.
I'm pretty sure you know where this is going....

HAHA, are you kidding me? That's not even the same dyno! Look at the peak numbers(which could be off if you're using different correction factor), they're different. Look at where the 2 dynos start, different too. Look how the hp tapers off on the orginal dyno...

You keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper. All you have to do to prove me wrong is email the original dyno file to vaio76109 at yahoo dot com. However, your last several replies have shown to me that you don't want to do that cuz you'd be caught red handed then

What is your problem? Do you purposely scour forums to find the littlest tid bit of information that is possibly controversial just to exploit it? Come on now. If you want to start a fire... Go bash elsewhere. Wwe don't need it here. Thank you.
Old 08-02-2006 | 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its all good EVLTSTR. I found the file, posted it for download, so its there. If him and his friend want to go check it out thats cool. LOL. Im pretty sure I would have been out of business a long time ago if I was using fake dyno runs. HAHAHAHA. what an idiot.
Old 08-02-2006 | 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EVLTSTR
What is your problem? Do you purposely scour forums to find the littlest tid bit of information that is possibly controversial just to exploit it? Come on now. If you want to start a fire... Go bash elsewhere. Wwe don't need it here. Thank you.
Yes, that's obviously my MO </sarcasm>

I was browsing and saw a dyno that didn't make sense. I inquired about it and got an explanation that didn't make sense. I guess things don't have to make sense to be true.
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its all good EVLTSTR. I found the file, posted it for download, so its there. If him and his friend want to go check it out thats cool. LOL. Im pretty sure I would have been out of business a long time ago if I was using fake dyno runs. HAHAHAHA. what an idiot.
Yep... I understand. I just saw a lot of fire being flung around and felt compelled to comment on it.

Old 08-02-2006 | 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EVLTSTR
Yes, that's obviously my MO </sarcasm>

I was browsing and saw a dyno that didn't make sense. I inquired about it and got an explanation that didn't make sense. I guess things don't have to make sense to be true.
It didnt make sense and I told you why. After you told me about it, I called Dynojet and got the answer. Problem fixed. Then you have to go calling me a liar, etc. Im sure you and your friend knew more about this machine than Dynojet themselves. Anyhow....
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure you're smarter than to claim that just because someone works for a company, they know the product, aren't you?
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure you're smarter than to claim that just because someone works for a company, they know the product, aren't you?
Where are you getting with this? You were wrong...ok? I called dynojet and they told me what the problem was,...you continued to call me a liar. Now here is the graph. Do what you want with it. What else do you want? YOu want to come hold my hand and watch me dyno the number again? Geesh dude,....
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I only called you a liar because, well, the simplified explantion that you gave us (that I assume Dynojet gave you over the phone) doesn't make much sense. The hp and torque already appeared to be graphed on the same scale (look at the graph, the numbers align perfectly at every interval).
Old 08-02-2006 | 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I only called you a liar because, well, the simplified explantion that you gave us (that I assume Dynojet gave you over the phone) doesn't make much sense. The hp and torque already appeared to be graphed on the same scale (look at the graph, the numbers align perfectly at every interval).
Why does it need to make sense to you? It didnt look right to me after you pointed it out. They told me to click that option and it was fixed. What is there not to understand? Dont be so quick to call people a liar man.

800-992-3525 Thats dynojet's tech line. Call them and tell them their explanation doesnt make sense.

Just admit you were wrong and you accused me of something YOU didnt understand. LOL. No one else said anything but you.

BTW, did your expert friend ever open the file? mwahahahahahah
Old 08-02-2006 | 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nobody else said anything because nobody noticed. Same reason why nobody said anything about the original dyno being incorrect. Just because I'm the only one to notice doesn't make me wrong. BTW, I already admitted that I was wrong.

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2