Notices

Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006 | 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't see you admit that you were wrong. Hmmm.... forgetful aren't we?
Old 08-02-2006 | 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Freudenfahrer
Nobody else said anything because nobody noticed. Same reason why nobody said anything about the original dyno being incorrect. Just because I'm the only one to notice doesn't make me wrong. BTW, I already admitted that I was wrong.
Its all good man. Actually since you mentioned it, people noticed it also but didnt think much of it when I told them about the scaling issue Dynojet told me. Im sorry if I got ____ed or annoyed. My posts were meant to help people on the forums here and when I get jumped on, it was kind of annoying. Im not trying to sell a turbo kit or any parts so these posts are meant for bragging or financial gain. I was hoping that people wont spend unecessary money on mods they didnt need.
Old 08-02-2006 | 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nobody else said anything because nobody noticed. Same reason why nobody said anything about the original dyno being incorrect. Just because I'm the only one to notice doesn't make me wrong. BTW, I already admitted that I was wrong.
Yeah but that picture is still funny as hell lol
Old 08-03-2006 | 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cz3ch
Yeah but that picture is still funny as hell lol
I agree.
Old 08-03-2006 | 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That whole thing was just strange. Why I get thrown the BS flag but there are people making 40whp more than me at the same boost,....with NO tuning? LMAO....

Just flipping thru the pages of Importuner (aug 2006) issue. On page 109, in the power pages section, their dyno graphs cross at around 4200rpm..sick em! Go get em!
Old 08-03-2006 | 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rollhard
That whole thing was just strange. Why I get thrown the BS flag but there are people making 40whp more than me at the same boost,....with NO tuning? LMAO....

Just flipping thru the pages of Importuner (aug 2006) issue. On page 109, in the power pages section, their dyno graphs cross at around 4200rpm..sick em! Go get em!
As I get on all fours and bark like a dog... Grrrr.
Old 08-04-2006 | 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EVLTSTR
As I get on all fours and bark like a dog... Grrrr.
LOL, go for the arm boy! The arm!
Old 08-04-2006 | 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are missing a peice of their pants. It is now buried in the back yard next to the bone I buried last week sometime. Now the only question is... Wheres the tennis ball?
Old 08-04-2006 | 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EVLTSTR
They are missing a peice of their pants. It is now buried in the back yard next to the bone I buried last week sometime. Now the only question is... Wheres the tennis ball?
lmao.
Old 08-04-2006 | 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know Rollhard I come on thinking you have come up with some new revolation on your kit and what do I see you two joking around. Jeeeze what a waist of my time, LoL, J/K....
Arent you guys glad your not a postal worker who gets chased by dogs all day.
Old 08-04-2006 | 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
You know Rollhard I come on thinking you have come up with some new revolation on your kit and what do I see you two joking around. Jeeeze what a waist of my time, LoL, J/K....
Arent you guys glad your not a postal worker who gets chased by dogs all day.
Eh, we are just having some fun buddy. Haha, I need to or else I will go nuts here. I can serioulsy make a reality tv show here. It would be just like west coast choppers, etc. We get our share of drama here and customers who are just....well customers. All day long I get people wanting to push their cars beyong what I think is safe. They think I did a bad job tuning because they didnt make 400whp. I need to make things funny or I would go postal one day. haha.

BTW, its friday, tuned 2 cars today. One was only able to gain 20whp, the other 87whp. Its been a long day so time to relax. The weekend is here!

Oh, BTW, I am running a new tune I did on WED, and its been working GREAT. I cant say how I do it, but I am getting 29mpg now.
Old 08-04-2006 | 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, BTW, I am running a new tune I did on WED, and its been working GREAT. I cant say how I do it, but I am getting 29mpg now.
WoW, you created an economy car again and its got some HP.... Enjoy your weekend, unfortunetly Fri.'s are the start of my week, so 4 days and counting until my weekend.....
Old 08-05-2006 | 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
WoW, you created an economy car again and its got some HP.... Enjoy your weekend, unfortunetly Fri.'s are the start of my week, so 4 days and counting until my weekend.....
So far so good. Its all on the low throttle tune. Its been working out great. No problems with the car yet. Man, today is going slowwwwwwwwww...Thank goodness the weekend is here.
Old 03-01-2007 | 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So rollhard from owning the Greddy kit how is it, I live in Germany and am just about to order the kit, I mean the whole kit turbo, intercooler and airinx intake kit. Will my car run right with the kit installed as it is or am i going to have to do a lot of fuel tuning. Also is it likley that my cel will illuminate due to the lean mixtures. I have read this whole thread and must say you are very knowledable on this kit. I also see that you have a shop and was wondering if you sell the parts I mentioned above. thanks
Old 03-01-2007 | 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Greddy system is an excellent start up kit. For those who want a little bit more power and torque, the kit works well. As with other kits, your going to have ecu problems. The ecu simply does not want to see the extra fuel in there and it will try to trim the fuel down. Your best bet is to drop the Greddy kit in and bring the boost down even more so that wouldnt need as much fuel in there. If you are serious about modifying the xb, then I would go with a stand alone.
Old 03-01-2007 | 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for your help. I have finally made the decision on not force inducting my car, too much work, and too many variables. If the car was ment to be turboed then it would have came from the factory that way. I think im just going to stick with intake header and a good headerback exhaust. Again thanks for your help rollhard and happy modding
Old 03-01-2007 | 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could get a SC, i heard that the Greddy SC doesn't throw CEL's with the Greddy piggyback that it comes with. Much easier install less hassle but then again less power you'll get about 130whp which is still very impressive for the lightweight box. thats what i will do once i have money.
Old 03-01-2007 | 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TonyTazaam
you could get a SC, i heard that the Greddy SC doesn't throw CEL's with the Greddy piggyback that it comes with. Much easier install less hassle but then again less power you'll get about 130whp which is still very impressive for the lightweight box. thats what i will do once i have money.
Any type of FC will throw the CEL. If it doesnt, I suggest you take you car to a dyno and have them monitor your afr. Its simple logic, the ecu sees that its running too rich from the o2 sensor and it trims fuel. It doesnt matter what piggy back you use to alter air flow signals, the ecu will trim fuel based on the o2 readings. A supercharger still adds boost so you'll need more fuel. The only way to avoid it is to get a standalone unit and program what afrs it should maintain.
Old 03-01-2007 | 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TonyTazaam
Sorry to burst your bubble but any type of FC will throw the CEL. If it doesnt, I suggest you take you car to a dyno and have them monitor your afr. Its simple logic, the ecu sees that its running too rich from the o2 sensor and it trims fuel. It doesnt matter what piggy back you use to alter air flow signals, the ecu will trim fuel based on the o2 readings. A supercharger still adds boost so you'll need more fuel.
I thought that also but there appears to be many people that have SC that haven't had CEL appear and their cars run fine. Maybe there is something that you aren't calculating into the equation. maybe sense it is such a low psi that they aren't thrown. Im not sure Im not too familiar with f/i but you are right that does make since about the a/f ratio. But I have heard of people with the Greddy and Blitz SC that haven't thrown any CEL's so not sure. Not trying to argue with you but I have heard of several people that haven't had any problems. so i don't know
Old 03-01-2007 | 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If what you say is true Rollhard is there anyway to solve a CEL without a standalone, because I want to SC, not trying to turn it into a racer just get some extra power. I would like to still have the VVT and the Trac and all the things that a standalone will take away. so what do you suggest?? Do I just need to have it tuned to solve the problem? Thanks

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2