Notices

Greddy Turbo Kit Dyno part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TonyTazaam

I thought that also but there appears to be many people that have SC that haven't had CEL appear and their cars run fine. Maybe there is something that you aren't calculating into the equation. maybe sense it is such a low psi that they aren't thrown. Im not sure Im not too familiar with f/i but you are right that does make since about the a/f ratio. But I have heard of people with the Greddy and Blitz SC that haven't thrown any CEL's so not sure. Not trying to argue with you but I have heard of several people that haven't had any problems. so i don't know
How many of those people have taken their cars to a reputable tuning shop and had their timing, afr, intake air temps, etc. datalogged? Not many. The Greddy kit ran fine for the first week. After a week, the CEL light went on. We scanned the codes and it was too rich. Then we stuck it on our dyno and logged all the data we could. Air/Fuel ratio was 13.4 at WOT+full boost. If people want to run around like that, its fine but I'm not going to drive around with it running that lean.

On the Elise turbos, we run into the same problem. You can put a resistor on the secondary o2 sensor to somewhat stabalize the signal and further "tricking" the ecu, but it catches on.

If what you say is true Rollhard is there anyway to solve a CEL without a standalone, because I want to SC, not trying to turn it into a racer just get some extra power. I would like to still have the VVT and the Trac and all the things that a standalone will take away. so what do you suggest?? Do I just need to have it tuned to solve the problem? Thanks
We have tried a lot of different things and the ecu continues to fight any piggybacks we try. Guys with different turbo kits have come and dynoed and MOST of them are running 13:1 and leaner. There was a guy with a turbonetics kit on his TC that came to dyno. I told him his car was running too lean and he said "The CEL never came on, and it seems to run fine." Um...ok. Well, two months later his motor blew.
Old 03-02-2007 | 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so are you saying that you shouldn't go f/i if you don't plan on getting a standalone?
Old 03-02-2007 | 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so are you saying that you shouldn't go f/i if you don't plan on getting a standalone?
If you want to run lower boost, you might be able to get away with it. I've spent thousands of dollars messing with the xb and trying different kits, etc. Hopefully, my experiences with these issues would save you guys money. If you want to try it, its certainly a fun and learning experience. Once you install the kit, make sure you take it to a reputable tuner and have them dyno with electronic ears, afr, intake air temp, etc. Do your research and dont believe everything you hear on the forums. I read alot of posts and most are pure BS. Get to know who works on your car or who you deal with when getting performance parts....and most of all, trust your instincts. If someone is giving you the runaround and not answering your questions, ditch them.