looking for...Supercharger...Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default looking for...Supercharger...Help

Ok, someone has recently (in the psat few months) sold their supercharger on Ebay! They had other mods that they had put with the supercharger kit. Does anyone know who this is? i want to pick there brain for information. if not... can anyone else help me out.

I believe it was a Blitz charger, but it had an Intercooler kit??? am i just retarded or is it possible? the guy was also selling it with a perrin fuel rail, and other goodies that help with the supercharger. I am not 100% that the kit was the Blitz kit, but would like to learn some info about superchargin the box.
i remember pictures of his Blue xB, he had the complete front ripped off, and was installing the intercooler... anyone else remember who this was? i have searched for the past hour and can't find the post i was looking for. i am wondering what else i would want / need to do to get a good functioning supercharger, that is good for Show also. i love the intercoolers also. please help me.

i figured:
fuel rail
pulley
clutch (what stage? which is best)
Spark Plugs and wires
along with the supercharger kit.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Drop a line to Jason at Toyota of Des Moines and tell him I sent you. Try HATEnFATE@aol.com to contact him.

He was instrumental in supercharging the Juice'd xB and I'm pretty sure they used a Blitz. Good guy too.

Good luck.

-Alex
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think you might have your person mixed up with Stu (Lastlookcustoms) It was actually a turbo setup, not supercharger.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know who it is that sold that stuff, but I can help you with some general answers to the questions you posted.

Yes, an intercooler can be used in a supercharged set up and the idea is the same as a turbo application. Any form of forced induction can benefit from a cooler charge, which is what an intercooler is for.

As far as pulley options go, you should check out the following...
I highly recommend www.NonStopTuning.com
These guys have been doing A LOT of work on scions lately
Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks. it might have been an intercooler setup... never 100%. hpower do you know of any sets that fit hand in hand with the blitz setup? and as for fuel rail, would i need larger injectors or would the stocks be fine? and then i have seen some boost timers? do i need this? what does it do to me car? i can feel my wallet getting lighter as i ask all these questions
Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If your gonna get the fuel rail you might as well get the injectors, kind of pointless to do one and not the other. Turbo timer is good for a TURBO setup, not supercharger...what it does is basically let the car run for a pre set time to let the oil cool down and cool the bearings down in the turbo to prevent premature failure of the turbine(called coking the turbo)...the turbo gets very hot, therefore breaking down the viscosity of the oil, especially when running the car hard for any period of time. I tell this to everyone, prepare to spend at least $1000 on the side to spend on other things for your setup besides for what you were gonna spend on the f/i setup. Look in my profile to see what I had for my turbo xB setup.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try www.hopupracing.com in San Diego. I think the have the cheapest price around and they sell good stuff.

John
Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok, searched around and played on blitz site, found a supercharger with intercooler, does anyone know if this can be done to the xB supercharger yet? or is it a universal kit to all their Superchargers??? yeah i figured on the fuel rail, what size / type injectors, i am pretty much looking for a buy this size, this company, type of a list. otherwise i will get stuff i don't need. i am just doing my info on this stuff, i am not buying, probably in a year when i get a new clutch ok late
Old 12-17-2005, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

correct me if im wrong but isnt that one of the greatest features of the blitz, that you dont have to run a FMIC?
Old 12-17-2005, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yes, there is no intercooler neede,d but anything that cools down the air is only gonna make it run faster and nicer. and i think it looks that much nicer, if i am gonna spend this much on a slow car, i might as well make it look nice while doing it. but blitz makes a cooler kit for their superchargers, so it has to work nicer with it...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, but thats more fittings and piping and all that good stuff. . i would buy the blitz first, get used to it, then go with a fmic and see how it works