Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nastos
Originally Posted by blown_xa
boosting is too expensive and not enough gain for an xb it doesnt make sence to drop 3 g's into the box nd still get waxxed by a stock tc or any honda.. if i was gonna go boost i would have got a car with more potential like an rsx. i just cant justify dropping all that money and not being able to achive 200whp
typical SL comment. U odviously dont know what ur talkin about.
umm what dont i know? it was a opinion its an economy car not made for the high preasures that other engines can handle a typical sl reply to a typical sl post lol
Well everything you said in you first post was not true. You can get 200whp. And with that much power in our light weight cars, you would be making tc's and honds your BI*CH
Old 04-09-2008, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

until you blow a hole in your engine lol

all im saying is the 1.5 isnt exactly an ideal platform for a high boost application and i have yet to see a 200 hp xb run flawlessly for an extended period of time... im just saying personally if i was gonna drop that money into something i would drop it into a car thatcould handle high boost preassure.. merely opinion silly people on here get so defensive so quickly

boost it up more power to ya lol
at least at 130 hp the xb wont look as pathetic sitting at the light next to an sti lol
Old 04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

merely opinion silly people on here get so defensive so quickly
the FANBOI is strong on this forum..

you gotta remember, Nastos, that over 2/3 of the people with an opinion (lol probably more like 9/10) have no real world knowledge. they're going off what they red on the innanetz and nothing else.

as far as the comment about buying a different CAR to build, i disagree..

swap.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago
merely opinion silly people on here get so defensive so quickly
the FANBOI is strong on this forum..

you gotta remember, Nastos, that over 2/3 of the people with an opinion (lol probably more like 9/10) have no real world knowledge. they're going off what they red on the innanetz and nothing else.

as far as the comment about buying a different CAR to build, i disagree..

swap.
wats more pathetic is when that xB beats the STI. I've beat plenty of Evos and STI's and S2000's and 350z's on a real track. And it doesnt take 200 hp. 2140 lbs can take a turn quite well and it doesnt take much to make 2140lbs move. The whole point on boosting an xA or xB, is to embarass cars that are supose to be faster, imagine that satisfaction.... I get that satisfaction all the time. Imagine the dissapointment of the driver in the other car... paying 2x the car insurance, huge car payment.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol swap is a good idea but really a swap agrees with my opinion that there are better engines to boost thn an xb.. a k20 swap would be wicked in the xb lol with a 6 speed tranny lol id be down for that

then youd be starting with 200hp and you can buy a k20 for the cost of a good turbo kit... idk if it would fit but if you have someone who knows a thing or 2 about fabbing mounts its possible
Old 04-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned
SL Member

screw honda..
Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seriously? lol
Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there would be no vvt-i if vtec didnt come first
Old 04-10-2008, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wouldn't go as far as to say screw Honda, I mean I had a type s back in the day when they first came out and I loved it until 40k miles came around and my tranny took a crap on me, i got a lemon, and then I saw the xb, and it was different, and that was the appealing part of it, I pride myself on originality, and to drive an actual box down the road, well that just plan crazy....haha but as for the ones saying its a waste of money to boost the box, I strongly disagree, I love the response I get from the motor, and I am running 5psi daily, been boosted for over 30k miles now and not a single problem to report, the best part is when someone reads my license plate and asks "does that thing really have a turbo in it"? I answer hell ya, and I love it, because I can still get 30mpg! haha I would like to see other cars that come stock, or have an aftermarket turbo boast those numbers for fuel economy. 3-5k for a turbo? Not if you research properly I got everything I needed for just under 3k, if you look hard enough you will find the right prices.
Box+turbo= A beautiful thing.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk every 50+ citizen in my town has an xb now it kinda makes it soo bittersweet ... honda has done so much in the way of expanding the tuning community and its kinda slapping your own culture in th face to say screw it idk i guess i get flamed for anything i say in this thread.. lol..

yeah 5 psi isnt the bost i was talking about blowing your engine it was the comment by someone earlier saying they could boost 12 psi and get 200 whp which is meg strain on the 1.5... 5 psi is deff a safe boost for the xb
Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well honda didn't start out as a true tuning car keep in mind, Scion was one of if not the first car aimed at the tuning community and for people on a budget that wanted a unique platform to play around with...Don't think of me as one of the ones flaming btw, to each their own...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummm does the civic si ring a bell?
Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm saying Scion STARTED OUT that way it took Honda what 10-15 years to get that far? Just saying, Scion was the first car brand that came into the market for tuners
Old 04-10-2008, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah but really scion is just a toyota
Old 04-10-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wait what? Your kidding I had no idea..haha I'm a sarcastic ***** ya I know, regardless Scion was a separate branch of toyota designed for us...Which is why Toyota is the number one in the car market these days, they have a lot of people thinking way ahead of the game...
Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree toyota is great at marketing there vehiclesbut still if no one was throwing exhausts on crxs and preludes and teggies there would be no reason to market something toward a tuning communiy bc it wouldnt exist i mean it would exists but honda created the market for vehicles that scion targeted
what im tring to say is would there be a tuning comunity so great if honda didnt make tunable cars?? scion just smartened up and made vehicles specificaly designed for what people were already doing
Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I guess if you want to argue semantics, the real tuning started taking place when The twin turbo era was upon us, Supra, 300zx, VR-4, Rx-7....so each car company had a role to play in where the tuning scene is today sort of.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true good point... lets just say toyota and honda are both greatnames and neither need to be screwed
Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

haha word
Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

there would be no vvt-i if vtec didnt come first
there would be no 1nzfe if there was no henry ford.

this makes just about as much sense as a blanket statement..

Quick Reply: Maximum Boost on a 1NZ-FE