Notices

My TurboToyotas Kit arrived today..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i think its gunna be dam near impossible to get that tc motor in the xa if people can barely fit that celica motor in i odn no how this will fit let alone the turbo you plan on puttin on it i say u sell the car or swap in a hayabusa motor
Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the 1.8 fits. pretty easily as well. but unlike honduhs no one is out making swap kits for us toyota/scion owners.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Originally Posted by 8psiXA
Originally Posted by ProshopXB

I hope you can drop less than $3k and be over 400whp cause I can..
BS

unless you plan on running an xs power setup.. thats impossible..

400 whp would consist of a stand alone.. thats a 1000+ and the cost of dyno tuning..

turbo, clutch, injectors, axles, built motor, etc..

ive ran 12's before... in a festiva that i drove every day.. the tc motor will more likely take me to the 600-700 whp range dont ya think???.. now you bring it
Wow took you long enough for a come back.. So you wanna do a dick measuring contest huh???? Well I can play along, I got nothing better to do right now.

How can you call BS when you dont even know what vehicle im driving .. and yes I can spend $3k and get over 400whp and 450tq on pump gas (who knows what on race gas) and run high 11's if not better... If you want to really push the limits.. I can spend 6k and run 10's.. If you want me to make you a list of mods for me to run 400whp you just let me know.. Oh yeah and that is on a stock ECU, axles and no built motor.. Im not playing with Scions anymore.. I moved on to bigger and better beast.

Oh and if your gonna run a tC motor( which is very cool.. ) You better make sure you make that engine bullet proof if you want 600- 700 out of it.. Let alone your tranny and axles.. Cause 500- 600hp will eat that $hit alive let alone 700..

Like I said in my above post.. I think its great that some one is actually gonna do a motor swap, especially a tC motor.. But I just feel bad that your gonna do it to a daily driver and possibly your only car.. Maybe time to buy a POS to drive around while your doing the work to the xA..

oh my bad i thought you were talkin about the 1.5 xb motor... and if you've got a v8 with that amount of power than give your self a pat on the back, YOU SUCK.. its all been done, if not than take back what i just said..

first off its going to be a long project, and yes its not my daily anymore, but it'll be street leagal.. and bullet proof it'll be.. so if you want to compare apples to oranges than go to hell..

good day

good luck with the sand on the beach
Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 8psiXA
oh my bad i thought you were talkin about the 1.5 xb motor... and if you've got a v8 with that amount of power than give your self a pat on the back, YOU SUCK.. its all been done, if not than take back what i just said..

first off its going to be a long project, and yes its not my daily anymore, but it'll be street leagal.. and bullet proof it'll be.. so if you want to compare apples to oranges than go to hell..

good day

good luck with the sand on the beach
"I said good day"

Im not pushing a V8 or a V6... its just a 2.4L... that can run 800 ponies..
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

What a waste of money.... at least just buy a new xB and start with a tC engine in the first place.... it'll save you a heck of a lot of issues... and you won't be wasting tons of money to have a frankenxAstein to drive around and tweak a million different ways to be reliable....

With the new cars coming out... the ol' xA is going to be old news anyways.... if you'd have done this in '05, it may have been worth your while.... it's too late to get a wow factor out of a soon to be old model from most people.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if he can actually do it, he'll be the man. i have yet to see a daily driven scion with a motor swap. good luck to you and ignore the haters.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I would LOVE to see this done. I would LOVE to see someone actually pull this off. After all the years that this car has been around and on one else has done it, that might mean something... I dont know, but if you get to do it, MORE POWER TO YOU!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn....

There are allot of "keyboard warriors" these days....to bad really

Its unfortunate there are so many doubters, when actually nobody knows the details. must be nice to assume...........all you have to do it sit back and watch no need to hate or make negative comments.

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-02-2007, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I liked this thread when it first started, then you just became tooooo cocky about ur setup. 700hp? in xa? Dude, tc engine can handle 800whp, thats fine.. but can your car handle that? its not gonna be an engine swap, its gonna be a friggin whole car swap. You will have to reinforce EVERYTHING in your car. Driveaxle, axles, your whole bottom end, your chassis, you will deffinetly need bigger brakes, which involves more fabrication... You are dreaming if you think u can drive that xa with so much horses without modifying everything else.. I am eventually doing a wrx sti swap into my xa.. thats in 2 years.. I will take 2 years to plan the swap, buy parts, build custom parts to reinforce the above listed parts, only then drop the engine in.
w/e.. good luck
Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Damn....

Its unfortunate there are so many doubters, when actually nobody knows the details. must be nice to assume...........all you have to do it sit back and watch no need to hate or make negative comments.

Todd
Todd,
by all means I dont mean to post negative comments. But seriously, he is coming out way too cocky about it, without any facts or details.

well like i said.. w/e, good luck, id like to see end product and hope u dont break anything.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

why a tC motor? its garbage. 2.4l...160hp...heavy...not worth it. why not find a VW 1.8T? nice light engine, 180hp. well over 200 with a chip. even the Celica GTS engine would be better then the lump they put in the tC.

one of my favorite quotes is from Jurassic Park. "your scientists where so preoccupied with the fact that they could, they never stopped to think if they should"

i have no doubt someone could get a tC engine into an xA, hell i bet someone can get a V8 into one...but for what? so you can drive really fast in a straight line? That is if you can get a tranny that can handle the power…and axels the wont snap like chop sticks…the name of the game is a balanced car. it doesnt matter if you can do a 10sec 1/4mile if you cant turn then you failed. and since your talking about a street car i know your going to have to turn
Old 04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Simmo
Ok I liked this thread when it first started, then you just became tooooo cocky about ur setup. 700hp? in xa? Dude, tc engine can handle 800whp, thats fine.. but can your car handle that? its not gonna be an engine swap, its gonna be a friggin whole car swap. You will have to reinforce EVERYTHING in your car. Driveaxle, axles, your whole bottom end, your chassis, you will deffinetly need bigger brakes, which involves more fabrication... You are dreaming if you think u can drive that xa with so much horses without modifying everything else.. I am eventually doing a wrx sti swap into my xa.. thats in 2 years.. I will take 2 years to plan the swap, buy parts, build custom parts to reinforce the above listed parts, only then drop the engine in.
w/e.. good luck
yeha i ithink he should head for a much lower HP first i meen 200 horsepower at the whells would be a huge accomplishment for the xa
Old 04-02-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not going to be 700whp over night...or if it ever gets there. Time will tell....

why a tC motor? its garbage. 2.4l...160hp...heavy...not worth it
Who ever you are you have no clue...........statements like that are what drives me nuts.

Very few in the Scion world know the few potential of this motor. Granted its not the best out of the box, but the potential is unlimited, I can even say its better or as good as some honda motors.

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Its not going to be 700whp over night...or if it ever gets there. Time will tell....

why a tC motor? its garbage. 2.4l...160hp...heavy...not worth it
Who ever you are you have no clue...........statements like that are what drives me nuts.

Very few in the Scion world know the few potential of this motor. Granted its not the best out of the box, but the potential is unlimited, I can even say its better or as good as some honda motors.

Regards-

Todd
i htink the 2.4L srt motor is a better 2.4 option then the tc motor stock the srt motor has a much stronger top and bottom end and comes with a turbo that can whip out 300 at the wheels by just sneezing on it and not to mention the torque. that would be a cool swap
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
why a tC motor? its garbage. 2.4l...160hp...heavy...not worth it. why not find a VW 1.8T? nice light engine, 180hp. well over 200 with a chip. even the Celica GTS engine would be better then the lump they put in the tC.

one of my favorite quotes is from Jurassic Park. "your scientists where so preoccupied with the fact that they could, they never stopped to think if they should"
i'll disagree on the "garbage" 2.4L.. If you think its gargabe, one question... what are you doing on scion forum?
The 2AZ-FE is one of the best toyota, hell any , engine on the market. You can push 800whp and the bottom end will handle it. Show me a jetta with 800hp?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Peechores.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People.. Toyota's 2.4 , from the first 1992 Toyota Camry engine, and the MR2 engine, have been among the best engines in the world. And like Todd said, not that many people know about it. Bottom ends on these are already forged. You can build the top end as much as you want and it will not break. Hell there is a thread somewhere here or another forum, built tc engine with 65-75psi turbo.. top that with ur srt or vw engine.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i htink the 2.4L srt motor is a better 2.4 option then the tc motor stock the srt motor has a much stronger top and bottom end and comes with a turbo that can whip out 300 at the wheels by just sneezing on it and not to mention the torque. that would be a cool swap
Your comparing apples to oranges.....

The SRT4 motor is boosted from the factory. Its built for it too. Take the upgraded factory internals and the turbo away and what do you have?

Now for a true comparison imagine what the 2AZ would be like if it was boosted from the factory...................hmmmm now things get interesting.

I would still take the 2AZ as it is over your motor regardless, but thats my personal opinion.

Regards-

Todd
Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Your comparing apples to oranges.....

The SRT4 motor is boosted from the factory. Its built for it too. Take the upgraded factory internals and the turbo away and what do you have?

Now for a true comparison imagine what the 2AZ would be like if it was boosted from the factory...................hmmmm now things get interesting.

I would still take the 2AZ as it is over your motor regardless, but thats my personal opinion.

Regards-

Todd
yeha you are right stripped down they pretty much the same, the 2az might be better even but i do think it saves a lot of time and you get immediate gratification but buying a motor stock thats built but thats just my opinion
Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you get immediate gratification buy buying a motor stock thats built
I agree with you 100% there...if we had that option that is the route we would be going.

Regards-

Todd

Quick Reply: My TurboToyotas Kit arrived today..