Notices

Nology HotWires ? are they worth getting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Nology HotWires ? are they worth getting?

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...roducts_id=214

$175 or £95
whats peoples opinion on this product?

would it benefit N/A or Forced induction more?

would there be any downside to them?

http://www.nology.com/hot.html
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There has been much debate about the Nology and other brand plug wires.

At this point I see no reason to invest in them. There has been no empirical proof provided to show a gain in either power, or efficiency with the installation of these wires. And to be quite honest, I doubt we will ever see any. I find it hard to believe that changing from a coil-on-plug type system to a system using plug wires would ever increase performance or efficiency. All you are doing is adding resistance to gain "looks."
Old 07-05-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^^^agree completely.

I have em, they look great at shows, and... that's it.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stock system is more than efficient. Plus, we use individual coil packs...so those plugs wouldnt fit without modifying the your ignition system.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i can tell you that they do bolt right on, and the fittment is great if you chose to do it thier way. I wanted to keep my injen cover, so I had to mod a little.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats the point of that? For looks only? If you installed it from the harness side, they are not being amplified at all from the beginning of the new wires to the spark plugs. I wouldnt be surprised if you actually lost hp. Are you local? I would dyno the car for you to show you.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rollhard
whats the point of that? For looks only? If you installed it from the harness side, they are not being amplified at all from the beginning of the new wires to the spark plugs. I wouldnt be surprised if you actually lost hp. Are you local? I would dyno the car for you to show you.
There's also a cheaper alternative that I've had luck with in boosted applications prior. You can use the Nology Cold Wires. Those are really a good product and a bit cheaper $ wise
Old 07-06-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stock coil packs are very efficient. Save the money and leave it alone.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stock coil packs are very efficient. Save the money and leave it alone.
Cool i'll give it a shot when i install... but i'm definately giong 1-2 step colder on the plugs but again that is a standard.. i'd rather spend the 20$ or whatever it is and have less chance of Det.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm having a hard time understanding why you want to hate on me after i already CLEARLY said that it's no good for anything other than looking good at shows.

Too funny. I'm the guy saying that these are a total waste of money, and it's almost as if you're saying, "NO, you're wrong, it's a total waste of money"
Old 07-06-2006, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by cherryBox
I'm having a hard time understanding why you want to hate on me after i already CLEARLY said that it's no good for anything other than looking good at shows.

Too funny. I'm the guy saying that these are a total waste of money, and it's almost as if you're saying, "NO, you're wrong, it's a total waste of money"
Old 07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cherryBox

haha, sorry bro. Im not a hater and I dont hate you at all.

cz3ch, as far as the plugs go, its a good idea to go a step colder. The thing is I am using a step colder iridium plugs and I saw no gain at all on the dyno. Its still not a bad idea to switch over though. Just FYI, it didnt even make a 1whp difference on the dyno. hehe.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cz3ch, as far as the plugs go, its a good idea to go a step colder. The thing is I am using a step colder iridium plugs and I saw no gain at all on the dyno. Its still not a bad idea to switch over though. Just FYI, it didnt even make a 1whp difference on the dyno. hehe.
Yeah I didn't really expect any gains whatsoever... But I'm from the school that the colder spark will keep things "safer" as far as detonation/etc. I think I'll do the iridium as well and keep the standar coilpacks/wires as you suggested for now.

cz
Old 07-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

not really worth it but if your looking for moremods for points in shows it looks good in the eng bay..

Old 07-10-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

holy schnazz lum, tats hawt!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eight08customs
not really worth it but if your looking for moremods for points in shows it looks good in the eng bay..

Im not knocking it. Its just not for me. Plus for me, its entering rice territory if the mods are not functional. Its all good though, my car is probably the worse for a car show anyhow. lol.