Notices

NOW you can have close to 200hp if you really want it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default NOW you can have close to 200hp if you really want it.

www.importperformanceparts.net

click on HP Engine Kits and hit Toyota, the kit for the 1NZFE is infact for our engines regardless of year.

that have a complete internals kit for the 1NZFE and better yet. the kit doesn't have the upgrade rods, but they do supply the new rods and from what i'm told from thier tech reps, the new rods and engine kit togethere will allow the 1NZFE to take upto 20psi of boost. i'm also told that 20psi should not be exceeded due to the generation of heat.

i'm still checking with them on the 10.0 compression ratio pistons and 76mm stroke set to see if they have any record of how much boost it will handle with the newer rods.

also, again for those who missed it, i also found us some upgrade axles to handle more then 10psi boost so you wont have to worry about that anymore either.

you can find the axles here: http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item170764.ctlg

also, even though you are using 4lug wheels, these axles will allow alot more capable torque transfer to the wheels without worrieing about stressing the lugs because they are stronger.

my goal is to get atleast 15psi boost and these all here will get me nd anyone else there no problem.

now the only problem is the stronger tranny. as seen with FusionScion's ride, he went through his pretty bad. if anything, get a backup tranny for those "just in case" events OR have a tranny rebuild, again smart idea to have a backup with the same work and have the gears custom made from titanium.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

very impressive find, im definately going to be be looking into this as soon as my turbo arrives. All its missing is rods for $1500.00 you get pistons, rods, rings, bearings, gaskets, etc... Its very much a COMPLETE kit.

If someone gets to it before i do, let me know!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was thinking of doing this kit all ahead of time and have it to be the first thing i get. i was wondering... what would be the diffrence between the 10:5:1 compression ratio now versus the 10:0 that thier kit supplies? would i loose mileage or power at all?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The lower initial compression ratio does decrease performance on a N/A application, but the point of it is to allow u to run more boost much more safetly. On a stock motor u can maybe hit 7psi with a good tune, by lowering it u can easily double the boost and make a significant increase in power output. My ? is y only 10:1 compression? If u lower it to 9.5:1 or even go down to 9:1 u can easily run 30psi of boost n make some really big power.

Another thing with this kit is what about the crankshaft? I see piston upgrade n u say they give u new rods which I don't see on the site, but those new components need to be balanced n it would be even more benefitial to upgrade the cranshaft in the process. Having the whole bottom end upgrade, balanced n blueprinted u can allow the engine to rev much higher n much more safetly. I bet u can take it up to 8,000rpm easy plus a mild turbo n these little cars will be real beasts. Also an upgraded crankshaft is a good thing considering how the kit allows u to take the boost up to 20lbs which I'm sure the stock crank can't handle, especially with constant hard driving.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

this has peaked my interest!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well according to thier records, the rods alone will alow it to handle upto 20psi with the kit. but i believe it would be wise to get that crankshaft upgraded aswell. i'm still looking around but for now that would a custom thing. i'm going to call World One and have them do a search for me for a crankshaft.

also, those rods are a phone only order, you wont find them on thier webpage.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"CLOSE TO" ??? WTF Buy a TT or ZPI kit if you want "Close to" your already there either way you go.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, neither one of those kits put you at 200hp, nor do they put you to atleast 150hp last i new. i'm also refuring to 200hp as in 200 whp. without the internals kit, crank, rods and axles, you WILL snap your axles, you WILL blow your rods and you have a high chance of the crank going too and this can and will happen if you put more boost to bring you past the 150whp mark. also remember, we are dealing with a very small block so when i say close to, i mean within 10 horses of 200whp.

with the axles, internals kit, crank and rods you can expect to do just fine for ALOT more then 200whp. the internals kit and the axles are capable o handeling upto 500-600whp though i don't think it's smart to hit much higher then 200 unless the transmission is rebuilt and done with much longer gears. at that point, i would sugjest sequential turboing so that theres no turbo lag and the low end would have a good pickup to deal with the longer and harder to move gears if they become too much of a problem.

the turbos on the TT and ZPI kit are the same, the GT2554R and if i'm not mistaken they can only punch out to 14.5psi of boost right? or can they throw more then that?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, about that compression ratio, what kind of NA power diffrence is there between the stock 10.5:1 to 9.5:1 or 9.1 perhaps?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: NOW you can have close to 200hp if you really want it.

Originally Posted by Winter
www.importperformanceparts.net

click on HP Engine Kits and hit Toyota, the kit for the 1NZFE is infact for our engines regardless of year.

that have a complete internals kit for the 1NZFE and better yet. the kit doesn't have the upgrade rods, but they do supply the new rods and from what i'm told from thier tech reps, the new rods and engine kit togethere will allow the 1NZFE to take upto 20psi of boost. i'm also told that 20psi should not be exceeded due to the generation of heat.

i'm still checking with them on the 10.0 compression ratio pistons and 76mm stroke set to see if they have any record of how much boost it will handle with the newer rods.

also, again for those who missed it, i also found us some upgrade axles to handle more then 10psi boost so you wont have to worry about that anymore either.

you can find the axles here: http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item170764.ctlg

also, even though you are using 4lug wheels, these axles will allow alot more capable torque transfer to the wheels without worrieing about stressing the lugs because they are stronger.

my goal is to get atleast 15psi boost and these all here will get me nd anyone else there no problem.

now the only problem is the stronger tranny. as seen with FusionScion's ride, he went through his pretty bad. if anything, get a backup tranny for those "just in case" events OR have a tranny rebuild, again smart idea to have a backup with the same work and have the gears custom made from titanium.
I constantly hear everyone referring to power as lbs of boost on this forum. Keep in mind that 15 psi on a T25 is *NOT* the same as 15 psi on a GT30 or 15 psi on a T3/T04E. Each compressor will have a map that you can calculate the volume of air that the turbo can produce given you have the correct displacement and fueling to do so.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so "learneded" me on how to figure out the most boost it will output. greatly appreciated!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, just recieved an email back from importperformanceparts.net, they say the factory crank with the internals kit and rods wil handle the 20psi they mentioned just fine. i would still be happier with a stronger crank though, for now looks like a custom job. as for the internal kit and the phone orderedpauter rod replacements, total is about $1,700 not inclueding shipping *about $1,000 for the kit and about $700 for the rods*.

still waiting to hear from WorldOne to see if they found anything for a crank.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Good stuff! I tried doing my turbo kit right when I turboed my xb about 2 years ago and wanted to upgrade all the internals but there were no parts around for it at that point.

Hope someone goes through with this and pushes the kit to its max!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and now for another update even after only 10 minutes...

i went and started a search on actualy 1NZFE engines for an outside job so i can still drive while working on the new engine and i came across this... not sure if they are stronger then the original crank BUT we can still call and fine out...

http://www.rpmrons.com/toyota,cranks.html#1.5

about $451 for the crank, my phone is out of minutes at the moment but i'll give them an email and ask if these are performance upgrade cranks and not just stock replacements.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*email sent*
Old 04-18-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh snap! everyone watching this thread, check that last link i posted, they have TONS of engine internal and head pieces for the 1NZFE.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://turbo-kits.com/xA_xB_turbo_kits.html

Whats that? is that a claimed 100% increase in factory power?! Hmm that equates to 103bhp(for the 06)x100%= 206bhp/1.15(to compensate for trans)=179.13whp
Say you dont hit peak 100% your going to get atleast 160whp so...
160whpx1.15=184bhp Sounds close to 200 to me. but wait

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...roducts_id=211
Another claim of 100% bolt on power.....
103bhpx100%=206bhp!!!/1.15(damn trans)=179.13
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g.../videos/xBdyno
hit 184whp so 184whpx1.15=211.6bhp

I understand your trying to hit 200whp but that only 230 at the crank
Zpi also ran there car at 10psi or whatever when they snapped an axel which might not have happened if they weren't on slicks. That would put them probably around 230whp. what is this about snapping rods and that crap, where does your information come from?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Winter
also, just recieved an email back from importperformanceparts.net, they say the factory crank with the internals kit and rods wil handle the 20psi they mentioned just fine.
20psi from what turbo?? IMO, that's a silly statement to make. It makes me question the quality of the kit and the people behind it. 20psi means nothing- it's all about the mass air flow, management of heat & tune.

The kit looks generic to me.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my information comes from right here on this forum said by many posters here. one ZPI user who was doing quater mile races started a thread some time ago, i want to say about the same time i joined up on this site. it was a huge thing he was throwing 10psi on the ZPI system and ended up blowing his rods just after the start. i've also confirmed this from ZPI from emailing them some time ago that boosting around 10psi will cause problems with the rods and axles and i was told that ZPI actualy snapped thier xB's axles on a 10psi setting. it only makes sense to upgrade the internals from jsut rings and whatnot to your rods, crank and axles for a full balanced upgrade.

as a backup to my comment "my information comes from right here on this forum" - https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=gearing+ratio

as for the engine internals kit, yes the kit it's self is pretty generic, not much upgrading except for some good piston rings, a slightly longer stroke and change of compression ratio. it's mainly the newer rods thats the big deal and to upgrade the crank aswell would be a GOOD idea, not saying you would have to. also, the 20psi comment is based on the GT2554R being IPP was refuring to the ZPI kit for turbo reference. ofcourse this is what they SAY but they do have experience with the 1NZFE ever since it came into the Echo. but thier internals kit and rods would be a smart idea if you don't want to deal with those type of problems...

but as for sources of intel and power referencing. it's all from here and based on the turbo kits normaly used on the xA and xB which generaly speaking is almost always using a Garrett GT2554R being it's the same turbo on the Greddy, TT and ZPI kits.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

question though... what RPM range is most having thier turbo active at? freind of mine and i were thinking 2,300rpm and up would be perfect.

Quick Reply: NOW you can have close to 200hp if you really want it.